Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Balotelli trending on twitter, the jokes are absolutely unbelievable. It's killing me! Can't help but feel sorry for him. I think not signing Balotelli was a 'Wenger knows best' moment.

(Original post by leinad2012)
    I think in a final between Tottenham and Chelsea I'd actually rather Tottenham won
    This sounds so bad but I'd love Sheffield to beat Spurs tomorrow. Only way I'd be content with Spurs winning a trophy is if we somehow retain the FA Cup...somehow!...I know I'm sorry that sounds so bad.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, Welbeck has hardly been better :laugh: the new Henry apparently :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Balotelli trending on twitter, the jokes are absolutely unbelievable. It's killing me! Can't help but feel sorry for him. I think not signing Balotelli was a 'Wenger knows best' moment.

This sounds so bad but I'd love Sheffield to beat Spurs tomorrow. Only way I'd be content with Spurs winning a trophy is if we somehow retain the FA Cup...somehow!...I know I'm sorry that sounds so bad.
    I know as an Arsenal fans you're meant to hate spurs but I don't know I just.... don't really. Probably because I have a few family members who are Spurs fans and I don't think they're particularly our rivals normally in terms of league position and they don't really have **** glory hunter/ chav/ prick/ victim mentality fans like City, United, Chelsea, Newcastle and Liverpool, they're just decent football fans who live in our shadow, tough to hate tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I know as an Arsenal fans you're meant to hate spurs but I don't know I just.... don't really. Probably because I have a few family members who are Spurs fans and I don't think they're particularly our rivals normally in terms of league position and they don't really have **** glory hunter/ chav/ prick/ victim mentality fans like City, United, Chelsea, Newcastle and Liverpool, they're just decent football fans who live in our shadow, tough to hate tbh.

Absolute worst scum of them all imo. Would love to see that little club in the north get absolutely ran to the ground by Ashley.

ReputationRep:

Out of interest, if/when Paulista is signed what would people rate this window as, seeing as most people on here felt that the summer window was a 6 or 7/10, despite the fact that we signed some pretty strong overall player with a mix between instant impact and potential?
    Would give it 7 or 8/10 given the market conditions and likeliness of signing top quality players.

- DM issue solved internally via Coquelin recall; getting someone better will wait until the summer
    - Campbell loan: some more playing time, although I think his time here is pretty much over
    - Sanogo loan: PL experience for a promising player that needs it
    - Podolski loan: increase his value for when we sell him in the summer
    - Bielik: Wenger rates him highly, hopefully he isn't another Eisfeld
    - Gabriel signing: looks very promising and solves our defensive fragility in its depth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Absolute worst scum of them all imo. Would love to see that little club in the north get absolutely ran to the ground by Ashley.
    The sad thing is there are some decent Newcastle fans, one of the people at my old school was a Newcastle fan and he always took the results as a bit of a joke, didn't hate Pardew or Cabaye, but then again he was brought up in the south so he doesn't have that northern irrationality/ hatred of the benefits funding South about him that 90% of Newcastle fans do.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger needs to buy a LB, CDM, CB & ST before next season if we want to seriously challenge for the title or it will be the race for 4th again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    Would give it 7 or 8/10 given the market conditions and likeliness of signing top quality players.

- DM issue solved internally via Coquelin recall; getting someone better will wait until the summer
    - Campbell loan: some more playing time, although I think his time here is pretty much over
    - Sanogo loan: PL experience for a promising player that needs it
    - Podolski loan: increase his value for when we sell him in the summer
    - Bielik: Wenger rates him highly, hopefully he isn't another Eisfeld
    - Gabriel signing: looks very promising and solves our defensive fragility in its depth
    Would pretty much agree with all of this, not exactly sure a CDM is needed now maybe a move for the summer, but with Paulista coming in we should try to make Merta and Poldi scouts rather than players to get them to persuade Reus and Khedira to join
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    I know what you mean, the only time true dislike comes out for me is in NLDs (which is the game after next eek!) and those insanely annoying late goals. A few of my friends are spurs fans and I just don't want them to have boasting rights :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    What's all this about tough to hate Spurs? Try watching their players celebrate one of Eriksen's late winners for a start. Their chant also has to be the most annoying noise known to mankind.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair I remember last season and the season before when we were last minute merchants the fans and players going mental, why wouldn't you its 2 points gained? Also on the topic of annoying chants I can see the oooooooooooospina chant chanting very old very quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I know what you mean, the only time true dislike comes out for me is in NLDs (which is the game after next eek!) and those insanely annoying late goals. A few of my friends are spurs fans and I just don't want them to have boasting rights :closedeyes:
    Yeah there's a couple spurs fans I know who can be unbearable, the best one being when they were ahead of us 2 years ago until the second last game and we won both games to come third and Chelsea won the CL, tbh Tottenham missing out in such hilariously harsh circumstance overshadowed Chelsea winning the cl

ReputationRep:
    Some of my best friends are spurs fans. They're still ***** when it comes to football though.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ling-move.html

Benzema is not worth £35m.

ReputationRep:
    did not realise he was only 27... thought he was older.

Always impressed me though - and I would like to see how he would get along in a team where he was one of the main guys, instead of just one out of many stars at madrid..

35 seems steep though.. however benzema, giroud, welbeck.. would start to look like a solid attacking selection

ReputationRep:
    Benzema is a quality striker. Not an out and out world class player like in the Cavani or Falcao mould (in their primes obviously...) but he works very well with those around him (sort of what we want Giroud to do) so he could fit into our team quite well. I would happily pay around 30m for him.

Anyways we're not getting him

ReputationRep:
    ffs Cavani is not even that good in real life. only hyped up because he's got a good fifa rating and exotic name. overrated just like Mario Gomez used to be when he was 87 rated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    ffs Cavani is not even that good in real life. only hyped up because he's got a good fifa rating and exotic name. overrated just like Mario Gomez used to be when he was 87 rated.
    Very much in agreement here. He did well in Serie A, big ****ing wow.

ReputationRep:
    Mesut Ozil makes me love football like I did as a kid. My favourite player at this club. I really want to see him do well. There is just a beauty to his game that I have not seen around these parts since Bergkamp. Top top bloke too. He represents everything I love to see in a footballer. Humble background as a minority, worked hard as an underdog, people hate on him (especially German+British press) and he has Wenger who loves him and believes in him.

See that assist to Cole at 0:05? That is what I thought of when I saw his flick at the weekend against Brighton.

(Original post by swirly)

(Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Very much in agreement here. He did well in Serie A, big ****ing wow.
    Ignoring the fact that he plays on the wing at PSG because of Ibra...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.