Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMB07)
    Anyone else put the triester for the IR Spec? I never recall seeing the peak for OH which everyone else seems to have seen...:curious:
    I put tri. There wasnt a peak im quite sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fred Cantoni)
    There was a slight peak... I didn't know wether to count it or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    alcohol peaks are broad aren't they? the peak was way too small

ReputationRep:
    is it just me or was the hardest F334 paper so far? Don't think i did badly but disappointed with OCR especially as i really need that A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emliche)
    I put tri. There wasnt a peak im quite sure
    there was no OH peak which meant it must of been di and tri's formula showed a couple of OH bonds aswell .But this question was ridiculous took me ages to get it

ReputationRep:
    Oh I did the gap between 30 hours and 100 hours was the same percentage decrease as the gap between 220 and 290 hours, because they are the same time difference and same percentage decrease the half life must be constant and therefore the reaction is 1st order!

I didn't realise there was a reading for 190?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's kind of what I did

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beasttty)
    Yeah triester because no phenol/alcohol peak. and youre right with the ethanoic acid
    I messed up that 3 marker on sodium hydrogencarbonate

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer for the question, the reagent

ReputationRep:
    *cry/scream/eat pie*

That was awful!!!!

Grade boundary ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Di contained one OH group whereas tri contained three ester groups so no OH groups so there would be no broad OH peak for tri. There was no broad peak, hence tri.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMB07)
    For the question comparing IMB in cellulose and polyester is it just me or did they have the exact same bonds? PD-PD and ID-ID?
    yes your absolutely correct i put that also , i think it may of been a trick question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry4625)
    there was no OH peak which meant it must of been di and tri's formula showed a couple of OH bonds aswell .But this question was ridiculous took me ages to get it
    No... the Tri had esters on the sides, no free alcohol groups by themself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordGaben)
    I messed up that 3 marker on sodium hydrogencarbonate
    what was the answer for that 3 marker do you know

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the very first question about cycloalkane to diamine?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I did the gap between 30 hours and 100 hours was the same percentage decrease as the gap between 220 and 290 hours, because they are the same time difference and same percentage decrease the half life must be constant and therefore the reaction is 1st order!

I didn't realise there was a reading for 190?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah both methods are fine. I just did the easier one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TikiLodge)
    What did people get for the very first question about cycloalkane to diamine?
    ammonia but it might be concentrated ammonia ;/

ReputationRep:
    What were the two compounds obtained from the mixture on that medicine question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannnahcox)
    How on earth were you supposed to answer the rates one?! From the table data

Posted from TSR Mobile
    another awful question. You had to convert the time into rate by dividing by 1. then when you compared the increases it was clearly 1st order. another horrible way of making a question more difficult than it needed to be by OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lissy14)
    *cry/scream/eat pie*

That was awful!!!!

Grade boundary ideas?
    Hmm maybe june 12 boundaries -(2/3) marks from each grade? It was pretty hard ngl. The rate of hydrolysis and sodium hydrogencarbonate question got me good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMB07)
    Anyone else put the triester for the IR Spec? I never recall seeing the peak for OH which everyone else seems to have seen...:curious:
    I didn't! To be honest, I didn't think they could really be distinguished!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beasttty)
    alcohol peaks are broad aren't they? the peak was way too small
    Aren't they only broad if they're hydrogen bonded? Tbh I don't really know I just assumed it counted as peak because I've lost marks for not counting small peaks before!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 13, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.