Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When you accept the interview and it asks if you are bringing any 'guests'- can anyone get this to work? Mine only has the option for 0 guests?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annaliisa123)
    Have any EU or internationals gotten an interview yet ?
    Yes, about a week ago. EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kajo)
    When you accept the interview and it asks if you are bringing any 'guests'- can anyone get this to work? Mine only has the option for 0 guests?!?
    No guests allowed. It says in the attaches file, guests should stay at nearby cafes or in the foyer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_98)
    Yup, mine was submitted on the 15th if I remember correctly and I got an interview yesterday.
    Stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KappaDan)
    No guests allowed. It says in the attaches file, guests should stay at nearby cafes or in the foyer
    Ah okay thank you, I didn't read that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koh.s.p96)
    I really wonder if this is true, curious to know too! Anyone here submitted 13-15october and has alrdy gotten interview? Thanks!
    I submitted my application on 13th and I was in the first batch of interview invitations :/

ReputationRep:
    Interview on the 14th of December!!! Does anybody have an interview on that date? What time?

ReputationRep:
    I really wonder if this is true, curious to know too! Anyone here submitted 13-15october and has alrdy gotten interview? Thanks!
    Me too, submitted on the 14th of October (King's portal says they received it on the 15th) and got an interview for the 14th of December.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 9 A* 2 A
    AS: 4 A (+1 taken early)
    Prediction: 4 A* (+ A in EPQ)
    UKCAT: 725 band 2
    aaaaaand straight rejection... thanks KCL, this sure isn't demoralising!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzers)
    So sorry to hear that, hopefully your other options will come through and you can shove it in their faces. Did they give a reason because your stats are amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariamm121)
    So sorry to hear that, hopefully your other options will come through and you can shove it in their faces. Did they give a reason because your stats are amazing
    Thank you, haha fingers crossed! Nope, just said my combination of qualifications + UKCAT was not as strong as other applicants...

ReputationRep:
    That's weird as there are other people on this that have interviews with slightly worse grades, must be something to do with your reference or personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! So sorry to hear that, you grades are awesome and I'm sure you'll get into other good unis. Do u mind me asking, are u EU or international? I'm an international with slightly worse grade than yours overall, GCSE 7A*, ukcat 715, Your news made me really worried and sad 😭

ReputationRep:
    That's very surprising. What is your work experience and volunteering like on your application?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! So sorry to hear that, you grades are awesome and I'm sure you'll get into other good unis. Do u mind me asking, are u EU or international? I'm an international with slightly worse grade than yours overall, GCSE 7A*, ukcat 715, Your news made me really worried and sad 😭
    International - no news is good news right now so don't worry! Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidpoker12622)
    That's very surprising. What is your work experience and volunteering like on your application?
    I've talked about it loads on my personal statement

(Original post by ss2525)
    That's weird as there are other people on this that have interviews with slightly worse grades, must be something to do with your reference or personal statement?Posted from TSR Mobile
    Possibly - not a very comforting idea!

ReputationRep:
    Submitted late 14th October and got an interview about a week ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureMedic97)
    Do you think rejections are given out in order of low UKCAT scores?
    It does seem strange the way that they must work it out. Given that there are 4 aspects (academics, ukcat, personal statement and reference) it would make sense that they must start with one of these first and then look at the whole application.

Though someone has been straight rejected with a high ukcat and very strong academics which suggests that they put an emphasis on the personal statement and reference.

However I don't see how they could be rejecting already. Surly they have not read all 4500 applicants references and personal statements to be making any definitive decisions about each applicant.

It's all a mystery. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview !!
    GCSE 5a* 5a
    AS 4a
    Predicted a*aa
    Ukcat 705

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dino717)
    I got an interview !!
    GCSE 5a* 5a
    AS 4a
    Predicted a*aa
    Ukcat 705
    did you receive the invite today? if so, what time did the email come?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.