Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeeb_00)
    With the second option you'll have a larger and more difficult workload to deal with than just sticking to the designed system imo

But it's up to you
    Sorry, lets just clarify something, do you think that the designed system is where I do A Level Maths in the first year and then A Level Further Maths in the second year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep! Aaaaand I just realised you just want to do AS further maths in year 13, whoops - in that case I suppose yeah it's your choice either way.
    Ok thanks for the help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know if we can drop a subject? I got forced into 4 but only want to do 3 im finding it too much work already

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I hope you all enjoyed your first week at college!
    I don't know if anyone feels the same but I really haven't met anyone that I really want to be friends with. I talk to people who sit next to me a little in class, but apart from that, I don't really have people to "hang around" with. Its really making me miss high school.

Does anyone feel the same?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himani Vadhia)
    Hi guys,
    I don't know if anyone feels the same but I really haven't met anyone that I really want to be friends with. I talk to people who sit next to me a little in class, but apart from that, I don't really have people to "hang around" with. Its really making me miss high school.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey mate I guess you have to remember that it's only the second week. You'll make friends eventually I guess- it's hard to really get to know someone in class but I guess you can't really force friendships.

Just try speaking to people more and ask what they're doing for lunch if you can join

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Hey mate I guess you have to remember that it's only the second week. You'll make friends eventually I guess- it's hard to really get to know someone in class but I guess you can't really force friendships.

Just try speaking to people more and ask what they're doing for lunch if you can join
    Yeah its just when I started high school I was in the similar situation (only 5 people from my primary school went to my high school) and I made friends in like a few days. I never thought it would take over a week.

But thanks for the advice. I maybe feeling extra "down" because today is like the day where I have loads of lessons and shorter breaks...😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What enrichment are you taking? I'm sure you'll find people you like there if they're taking the same thing
    Greenhead Research Team, wbu? I hope so!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its just when I started high school I was in the similar situation (only 5 people from my primary school went to my high school) and I made friends in like a few days. I never thought it would take over a week.

But thanks for the advice. I maybe feeling extra "down" because today is like the day where I have loads of lessons and shorter breaks...😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I went to a secondary school where I knew no one and I managed so I'm sure you can aha.

I think at college it's harder as a lot of people have friends from their old school that they're already really close to.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yhhh tbh I agree with you, Himani I've made a few friends but not that close either (like you explained) and it kinda sucks because I've been alone for the most part but I guess I cant really complain as of yet, since its the first week. ^-^ Same i miss my high school too at times because its so big and i dont really know anyone here plus everyone seems to know each other from before xD But anyway dw about it yet just try and talk to people who are on their own which is what im going to try and do now. :hugs:I hope you make friends at your enrichment, im hoping to do so at mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sapphire79)
    Yhhh tbh I agree with you, Himani I've made a few friends but not that close either (like you explained) and it kinda sucks because I've been alone for the most part but I guess I cant really complain as of yet, since its the first week. ^-^ Same i miss my high school too at times because its so big and i dont really know anyone here plus everyone seems to know each other from before xD But anyway dw about it yet just try and talk to people who are on their own which is what im going to try and do now. :hugs:I hope you make friends at your enrichment, im hoping to do so at mine.
    Awwwwww this really helped! Yeah I'm definitely hoping that the enrichment will help!
    Thanks xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone swapped subjects or dropped any this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone swapped subjects or dropped any this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I swapped economics for psychology, made any new friends yet?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just today on the train and on the way up to college

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I swapped economics for psychology, made any new friends yet?
    Do you do physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just today on the train and on the way up to college

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sapphire79)

ReputationRep:
    Which train do u get?no I don't do phhsics

ReputationRep:
    Which train do u get?no I don't do phhsics
    I get the train to Huddersfield at quarter to 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I get the train to Huddersfield at quarter to 8

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From dewsbury? I get the same train you might have seen me

ReputationRep:
    From dewsbury? I get the same train you might have seen me
    Yeah from Dewsbury. But I really don't know who you are!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.