Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TranquilRawr)
    What RIchard45 said is pretty much true. However with liverpools A101 it is more along the lines of you do everything the 2nd yr undergrads would be doing from 2nd yr onward, and any of their 1st yr stuff that isn't covered again in more detail you have to learn yourself. The amount of times there has been end of block questions on something from their 1st yr that we hadn't gone over and we would be told 'well as you should know from 1st yr', it did actually take 4 months before we got given access to the current 1st yr's portal as well so we could look at their lectures as they went. This was good we got it, however they did not do their blocks in the same order as us so it is not always useful really. The end of block stuff is more formative assessment that gauges your progress.

And yeah it is up to you if you want to go with other grad's, on your own or with randomers. Though I do warn you the randomer's route make sure you pick a good website/landlord/lady, one of my friends ended up in what we refer to as hell house with 3 1st yrs and a 2nd yr, all friends from home who never went to uni, partied every night hard with techno music blurring regardless of her asking them to turn it down and made friends with some drug dealers who hung around her house all the time and who's dog went for her one morning. Thankfully that is a rare story and she also got out right after, but it really affected her ability to function, especially on placement weeks when you usually have to be in before 9am and in some cases before 7.30am if your on certain surgical placements.
    Ok I get you. So how are we supposed to know what's covered in first year and what we need to know if we aren't told or given access to their info? Do the bed school not guide you with that to help you catch up? Otherwise how could we know?

Ye well I lived on smithdown for two years after halls and it was very much party party so I think somewhere nearer to campus or in town would be more suitable given the hours and work load we'll have!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey - to those who got rejected I managed to get some feedback (i emailed yesterday so didn't have to wait long at all) - very useful if you want to apply again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by April-93)
    Hey - to those who got rejected I managed to get some feedback (i emailed yesterday so didn't have to wait long at all) - very useful if you want to apply again.
    What was your feedback if you don't mind me asking ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got my feedback after I emailed them last Friday telling them it would help with my Nottingham interview this week. I don't know if they offer more detailed feedback in the future but all I got was a document containing my scores for each station (out of 10) and it simply said that overall my answers required more depth. It also gave the average score out of 10 for those that got on to the course at the bottom of the document - turns out I was only 1 point off in most, bummer... (Except for maths, 10/10)
    But yeah, what I got back wasn't very detailed and doesn't go into much depth but it hinted at where I went wrong. I imagine anyone else's would be the same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_JW95)
    I got my feedback after I emailed them last Friday telling them it would help with my Nottingham interview this week. I don't know if they offer more detailed feedback in the future but all I got was a document containing my scores for each station (out of 10) and it simply said that overall my answers required more depth. It also gave the average score out of 10 for those that got on to the course at the bottom of the document - turns out I was only 1 point off in most, bummer... (Except for maths, 10/10)
    But yeah, what I got back wasn't very detailed and doesn't go into much depth but it hinted at where I went wrong. I imagine anyone else's would be the same!
    Just out of curiosity what was the score out of 10 for each station that was enough for offer holders?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    Just out of curiosity what was the score out of 10 for each station that was enough for offer holders?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As per the email I received:
    Station 1: Communication - 7.1. Station 2: Teamworking - 7.5. Station 3: Ethics - 7.0. Station 5: Learning from Caring Contribution/Work Exp. - 7.1. Station 6: Healthcare Awareness - 6.8. Station 7: Numeracy - 8.2.

Congrats on your offer by the way! I'm holding out for my Nottingham interview tomorrow now (bricking it).

ReputationRep:
    As per the email I received:
    Station 1: Communication - 7.1. Station 2: Teamworking - 7.5. Station 3: Ethics - 7.0. Station 5: Learning from Caring Contribution/Work Exp. - 7.1. Station 6: Healthcare Awareness - 6.8. Station 7: Numeracy - 8.2.

Congrats on your offer by the way! I'm holding out for my Nottingham interview tomorrow now (bricking it).
    Ah ok that's interesting! Such weird numbers with the decimals!

Thanks so much! Good luck I hope you get it. Just do your best and be confident. The more relaxed and smiley I was the better I felt I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham interviewers were lovely.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool gave you feedback? they emailed me on the 1st April and said that they wouldn't release written feedback until May.

Edit: Never mind they just sent it to me haha

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is looking for somewhere to live, me and my friend Sandi (both medics) are looking for a third housemate. Just got a gorgeous new build house (currently under construction), which is about 20-25 minutes on the bus to uni, and has excellent hospital transport links for placement, as it isn't far from Alder Hey Children's Hospital. If you want any more information, just let me know!

ReputationRep:
    For those of you that have been accepted, can I just ask how old you are? Have you applied straight from your undergrad or have you been working?
    Thanks
    Im an undergrad BTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lattedrinker)
    For those of you that have been accepted, can I just ask how old you are? Have you applied straight from your undergrad or have you been working?
    Thanks
    Im an undergrad BTW
    I'm 23 and this year was my second year out. Worked as an HCA last year and this year I worked in a contact lens department of an opticians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.
    Im telling myself I was rejected as I am still quite young-20. When I had my interview, I felt a lot younger than the other candidates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lattedrinker)
    Thanks.
    Im telling myself I was rejected as I am still quite young-20. When I had my interview, I felt a lot younger than the other candidates.
    My advice would be to get as much feedback on where you fell down as you can. Age may be a factor but a fair few are starting at 21 at Liverpool this year (don't want to knock you down at all!!) just know that you can only improve your application with time as you can get more experience which is invaluable. And this was my second cycle as a grad and third cycle over all. Don't give up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for posting in this rather old thread but I wanted to know whether there were any of you (or do you know anyone) offered a place in May or later?

Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.