Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALI_123)
    Any tips on getting an A* in Chemistry?
    Is there any additional resources that I could use to help me achieve this grade?
    Thanks
    PAST PAPERS especially if you do OCR, questions alwayssssss repeat

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have a question. I was thinking of applying to do the RSC Chemistry Olympiad and I was wondering what I'd be likely to achieve. My AS Chemistry grade is an A (98%) and my Cambridge Chemistry Challenge was scored as a silver. Is it possible to push up to a gold for the RSC? Or could I maintain a silver for it? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone describe how titrations can be used to determine equilibrium position and the K constant? I cant find anything online

ReputationRep:
    Plan is to revamp this thread for the new specs...watch this space.

ReputationRep:
    I have been set my first PAG (practical assessment) for ocr and I was wondering if there was any resources to help me with that since I am struggling with it

ReputationRep:
    possible to add past paper template when the revamp comes, Apple

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What topic is everyone on for chemsitry were still on 2.1!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We're on 2.2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple)
    Hi I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with results: (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve a similar set of results. I created these resources for myself in my A-Level year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a chemistry counterpart to a new thread I've made this year for Chemistry and incorporates all but the practical element of the OCR Chemistry A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to physics thread
    Unlike the physics thread
    I'm going to sort of build this as I go so it may not be complete for a month-ish

Important Links
    Physics and maths tutor: Includes extra past papers from other exam boards, and the extremely useful questions by topic
    A Level Chemistry Website, mostly older spec past papers, and questions with solutions!
    Memrise - Excellent for rote learning definitions, equations and reactions (Good iOS and Android App!)

F321
    Definitions
    Standard Answers

F322
    Definitions
    Standard Answers

F324
    ah organic chemistry, I decided to go with a unique 'on a page' model for this unit, inspired by maths which condensed units down to a single page. I'm going to release a PDF version of this, so you can print out pages as required
    Interactive Definitions
    Interactive Important Reactions and Conditions
    Full PDF of on a page
    Standard answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
    Legacy Past Papers

F325
    Interactive Definitions
    Notes
    Standard Answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
    Legacy Past Papers & This
    Past Paper Spreadsheet Excel Template

Good Post from pp. 2

This is awesome! Same, I did a completely different revision format for organic chemistry!
    Thanks, and congratulations on your results - you must be so relieved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple)
    Hi I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with results: (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve a similar set of results. I created these resources for myself in my A-Level year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a chemistry counterpart to a new thread I've made this year for Chemistry and incorporates all but the practical element of the OCR Chemistry A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to physics thread
    Unlike the physics thread
    I'm going to sort of build this as I go so it may not be complete for a month-ish

Important Links
    Physics and maths tutor: Includes extra past papers from other exam boards, and the extremely useful questions by topic
    A Level Chemistry Website, mostly older spec past papers, and questions with solutions!
    Memrise - Excellent for rote learning definitions, equations and reactions (Good iOS and Android App!)

F321
    Definitions
    Standard Answers

F322
    Definitions
    Standard Answers

F324
    ah organic chemistry, I decided to go with a unique 'on a page' model for this unit, inspired by maths which condensed units down to a single page. I'm going to release a PDF version of this, so you can print out pages as required
    Interactive Definitions
    Interactive Important Reactions and Conditions
    Full PDF of on a page
    Standard answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
    Legacy Past Papers

F325
    Interactive Definitions
    Notes
    Standard Answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
    Legacy Past Papers & This
    Past Paper Spreadsheet Excel Template

Good Post from pp. 2
    Thanks a lot,they sre awesome, but the link under F321 is broken. Please re upload.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have packs of questions for the ocr new spec we only have onee past paper!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Physics and maths tutor has lots of old spec pack if thats any consolation..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello. The link for F321 is broken, please kindly re-upload ... appreciate your cool help.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone can help with PAG 11.1 it would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Chemistry_PAG_11.1_Student_v0.1.docx (58.8 KB, 256 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RGPunt)
    If anyone can help with PAG 11.1 it would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm here for the exact same reason.

ReputationRep:
    Please do you have any tips?
    Especially for organic chemistry? I always do terrible in the practice exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are we going to be asked questions in the exam about the PAG?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    Are we going to be asked questions in the exam about the PAG?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, because we no longer do coursework or controlled assessments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    Please do you have any tips?
    Especially for organic chemistry? I always do terrible in the practice exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If ur not understanding how it works i guess ur only option is to memorise how to use each mechanism and the tests. For this i suggest cue cards and writing it out at least ten times or until it sticks so that if anyone asks u to draw it out you'd be able to do it without thinking even if u hav no idea what ur doing:p:$.

Either this or u could ask ur teacher to explain it to u again but don't have the mindset of "i can't do this" otherwise u'll unconsciously give up before u can completely understand which will be very demotivating so it'll take u even longer to get it. Instead have the mindset of "i can do this".

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you man!!! Really helpful!
    What is the point of module 1? Do you need to know it?
    And do we need to know about PAG? (Will we be tested on it?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.