The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by plsgivemeanoffer
Anyone with similar stats to 8a*s 2 as at GCSEs, aab(Chem)a at as and 5.4,5.2,4a heard anything yet? And people who got asked for as grades an then got offers, what was the time length between the two?

I had slightly lower stats than that (AABB at AS although applied with A*AAB achieved grades; 4.9, 4.0, 4A on the BMAT) and was rejected around one month ago. With a university like UCL, it's pretty pointless to compare stats as an indication of whether you're likely to get an interview because significant weighting is also given to your reference and personal statement which, needless to say, are difficult to compare quantitatively.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 441
Original post by jjangu
Can i ask you guys what ur stats are? I just want a feel of who they give interviews and offers to

GCSEs: 14A*s + A in FSMQ
AS: 4As in Bio, Chem, Physics and Spanish
A2: predicted 3A*s + A* prediction in EPQ
BMAT: 5.9 6.2 3.5A
Original post by abcd98
GCSEs: 14A*s + A in FSMQ
AS: 4As in Bio, Chem, Physics and Spanish
A2: predicted 3A*s + A* prediction in EPQ
BMAT: 5.9 6.2 3.5A

did you apply to oxford? you would of got in with those amazing results
Original post by Hydeman
I had slightly lower stats than that (AABB at AS although applied with A*AAB achieved grades; 4.9, 4.0, 4A on the BMAT) and was rejected around one month ago. With a university like UCL, it's pretty pointless to compare stats as an indication of whether you're likely to get an interview because significant weighting is also given to your reference and personal statement which, needless to say, are difficult to compare quantitatively.

Did they give you a reason for rejecting you?
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
Did they give you a reason for rejecting you?

Not on Track, but they might have given a reason on the UCL applicant portal, which I haven't checked. I'll check it later and let you know if there's anything there. :smile:
Original post by Hydeman
Not on Track, but they might have given a reason on the UCL applicant portal, which I haven't checked. I'll check it later and let you know if there's anything there. :smile:

Don't worry about it. It's just I'm also waiting to hear from UCL :s
Good luck with your other applications!

Thanks, and the same to you. :smile:

So I just checked my UCL applicant portal and came upon the strangest feedback. :s-smilie: It says, 'regrettably, the academic qualifications that you have achieved do not meet the entry requirements for this programme of study.' I applied with achieved grades of A*AAB so I really don't know what they mean by this.

I think I'll send them an email about it but there's really not much to be gained from it but closure because once Track has been updated, the decision is final.
Original post by Hydeman
So I just checked my UCL applicant portal and came upon the strangest feedback. :s-smilie: It says, 'regrettably, the academic qualifications that you have achieved do not meet the entry requirements for this programme of study.' I applied with achieved grades of A*AAB so I really don't know what they mean by this.

I think I'll send them an email about it but there's really not much to be gained from it but closure because once Track has been updated, the decision is final.

Gosh that's a bit peculiar O_o. And you did Biology and Chemistry A2, with your A* in one of them right?
Gosh that's a bit peculiar O_o. And you did Biology and Chemistry A2, with your A* in one of them right?

Yeah, the A* was in chemistry (had an A in biology; the B was maths). :s-smilie: I'm sending them an email now.
Hello everyone!
I was just wondering when did the latest interview invite come to a member here and what date was it?
Also have any EU students been invited?
Really worried that a lot of interview dates have already been given out :frown:
Original post by annaliisa123
Hello everyone!
I was just wondering when did the latest interview invite come to a member here and what date was it?
Also have any EU students been invited?
Really worried that a lot of interview dates have already been given out :frown:

A friend of mine got one yesterday for the 3rd of feb
GCSEs: 10 A*s out of 10
A-Level predictions: A*, A*. A*, D2 (Pre-U biology)
BMAT: 5.7, 6.9, 3A

Invitation received: Thursday 26th November 2015 (day after BMAT results)
Actual interview: Tuesday 19th January 2016

P.S. International, non-EU application.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by plsgivemeanoffer
Anyone with similar stats to 8a*s 2 as at GCSEs, aab(Chem)a at as and 5.4,5.2,4a heard anything yet? And people who got asked for as grades an then got offers, what was the time length between the two?

I have similar stats and I haven't heard anything yet
photo (1).jpg
:cry2:
Original post by Photon#21
photo (1).jpg
:cry2:

Sorry to hear. :console: Where else have you applied?
Original post by FutureMedic97
Has anyone been asked for both AS UMS and work experience extra information?

No. Strange...
Any other gap yearers still waiting to hear?
Hey does anyone know what UCL are looking for when they ask for AS Module Grades? Like is there anything that may put you at a disadvantage? Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by MedBnter243
Hey does anyone know what UCL are looking for when they ask for AS Module Grades? Like is there anything that may put you at a disadvantage? Thanks in advance :smile:

In truth, they want to look at your UMS percentages rather than the module grades. Clearly it's more favourable if your UMS percentages are higher. Presumably they use this as a numerical comparison between you and other similar candidates as part of their selection process for interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending