4. Talk/speech
    5. Letter
    6. Blog post
    7. Diary entry
    How do you write a talk/speech??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greggbastock1)
    See my post above - this has all the possible formats for Paper 2 and Paper 3 (if youre doing it)
    Thanks a lot bro!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by partallaboutme)
    Everyone seems to think this paper is really easy and I don't think it is.... I really struggle with the analysing question .. usually analyse too much and I hate hate hate the bullet points
    Overview of paragraph

4 words
    Dictionary Definition
    Effect in context

for both paragraphs.

For the bullet points, tackle them equally and you'll do find!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    How do you write a talk/speech??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You need to consider the character and their tone of voice. Then just write as you would normally speak.

ReputationRep:
    How do I write a formal report?
    Would I use first person saying what I found out etc?
    Is it a bit like a recount but just formal?
    I haven't practised a report and I'm stressing out about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    You need to consider the character and their tone of voice. Then just write as you would normally speak.
    So how long does a speech need to be? A few lines of someone talking and then another few lines of someone talking and so on?
    The whole thing is basically like a conversation?

ReputationRep:
    So how long does a speech need to be? A few lines of someone talking and then another few lines of someone talking and so on?
    No it's one long speech that one person says. All Question 1 responses should be the same length (250 to 350 words)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by partallaboutme)
    Everyone seems to think this paper is really easy and I don't think it is.... I really struggle with the analysing question .. usually analyse too much and I hate hate hate the bullet points
    the bullet points make it easier, bub! it allows you to split up your work and write the number of points depending on the bullet.

although I agree analysing can be a pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.m.b)
    Is it true that you cannot get an a* in this exam?
    If you are doing iGCSE where 50% is coursework, you get A as a maximum in this exam. However combined with your coursework the marks could tally up to A*.

E.g I got 48/50 in coursework, 28/30 in Speaking and Listening so I have 76/80. To get the A*, in this exam I need to get 29/50 in the exam. In the exam alone 29/50 could be a B however the marks add it up to an A.

ReputationRep:
    the paper will have a certain number of lined pages for you to write the speech. just write according to the number of pages you've been given

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    Nov 2013
    I think it's more of a newspaper report than a formal report as the questions they're asking contains how the characters are feeling. Usually in a formal report, there is no emotive language. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    How do I write a formal report?
    Would I use first person saying what I found out etc?
    Is it a bit like a recount but just formal?
    I haven't practised a report and I'm stressing out about it
    That's basically the idea, yeah.
    But in paper 2, it's more about developing your ideas from the text rather than the actual writing of the report itself.

you get 5 marks for WRITING
    10 marks for READING - so pick out ideas + developing them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    No it's one long speech that one person says. All Question 1 responses should be the same length (250 to 350 words)
    Oh okk! Thank you ahaha

I am doing the fisherman past paper and after I am done I was wondering whether you could read it after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZiggyStarDust_)
    the paper will have a certain number of lined pages for you to write the speech. just write according to the number of pages you've been given
    Oh okk thank you so much I hope we don't get a speech tomorrow. I really want a newspaper article or a diary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_geniya_jery_x)
    I think it's more of a newspaper report than a formal report as the questions they're asking contains how the characters are feeling. Usually in a formal report, there is no emotive language. Please do correct me if I am wrong.
    it could be. but notice is it labelled report and in june 2015 the report was labelled newspaper report

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh okk! Thank you ahaha

I am doing the fisherman past paper and after I am done I was wondering whether you could read it after?
    yeah sure just send it to me over pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfection Ace)
    Thanks a lot bro!
    No Problem. Although you may want to try and find structures for an Interview, Speech, Diary entry or maybe even a blog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    yeah sure just send it to me over pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    I got 45/50 in my coursework and 27/30 in my speaking and listening, how much guess wise would i need for an A in my exam

ReputationRep:
    Oh okk thank you so much I hope we don't get a speech tomorrow. I really want a newspaper article or a diary
    You're welcome c: Good luck.

Me too! I find diary's pretty fun to write.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.