Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016 watch

• View Poll Results: How hard did you find F211?!
    Hard
    34.29%
    Okay
    52.50%
    Easy
    13.21%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    Yes! Feel less prepared than last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    omg yes same boat and for some weird reason I'm just chilling afjfkgghaskf

ReputationRep:
    topics on last years paper;

Question one was on enzymes
    Question two was on malaria and the immune response part c appears to have been about globular and fibrous proteins e.g. collagen and haemoglobin
    Question three was a big question on biodiversity including species richness and evenness, phylogeny and classification
    Question four was about selective breeding in plants for a higher yield
    Question five was about DNA replication
    Question six was about the structure of an antibody(big mark question) and also neutralisation and agglutination
    and finally question seven was a tick the correct statement question about triglycerides, phospholipids and cholesterol

i only had the mark scheme to work with so i apologise if that is wrong but i don't think any of that will appear on our resit tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryheych)
    same! I think i have given up with exams because no matter how prepared you are OCR always make the exams impossible

ReputationRep:
    literally the same and I'm so relaxed about it XD

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have to 2015 paper?

ReputationRep:
    I got 116 ums last year (4 off an A) and feel like I've been so chilled in trying to get full ums now I'm panicking haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody please very kindly outline in detail the immune response involving T and B Lymphocytws and correct order of clonal selection and clonal expansion . Please

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    F212 - The Immune Response [EASY] Jack A-Level TTC watch this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anymorefor123)
    Could somebody please very kindly outline in detail the immune response involving T and B Lymphocytws and correct order of clonal selection and clonal expansion . Please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Clonal selection first (to select suitable lymphocyte) and then clonal expansion (divide by mitosis to produce clones of that suitable lymphocyte)

B lymphocyte differentiate after clonal expansion to produce plasma cells which are the ones that produce the suitable antibodies that have a complementary shape to that antigen.

T lymphocytes undergo clonal expansion producing the plasma cells helper, secrete chemicals called cytokines to stimulate other cells in the immune system to attack antigens, ie could stimulate the phagocytes to engulf and digest bacteria or encourage b lymphocytes to secrete antibodies.

Another plasma cell of t lymphocytes is the t killer cells literally kill the antigen but can only do that by also killing the cell that is infected.

Both t and b lymphocytes produce plasma cells but also memory cells, which remain in the body for long periods of time to provide a quicker and more effective response if it was to encounter that antigen a second time producing the secondary immune response.

Hope that made sense! Any questions just quote me x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    Clonal selection first (to select suitable lymphocyte) and then clonal expansion (divide by mitosis to produce clones of that suitable lymphocyte)

B lymphocyte differentiate after clonal expansion to produce plasma cells which are the ones that produce the suitable antibodies that have a complementary shape to that antigen.

T lymphocytes undergo clonal expansion producing the plasma cells helper, secrete chemicals called cytokines to stimulate other cells in the immune system to attack antigens, ie could stimulate the phagocytes to engulf and digest bacteria or encourage b lymphocytes to secrete antibodies.

Another plasma cell of t lymphocytes is the t killer cells literally kill the antigen but can only do that by also killing the cell that is infected.

Both t and b lymphocytes produce plasma cells but also memory cells, which remain in the body for long periods of time to provide a quicker and more effective response if it was to encounter that antigen a second time producing the secondary immune response.

Hope that made sense! Any questions just quote me x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey yea that helped a lot ! However I'm
    Still confused between the link between T helper cells releasing interleukins and this offsetting the "
    Proliferation and differentiation of B cells ".. What does that mean ? That's not clonal selection of B cells is it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so what can the possible larger questions be? 6marks+ ? Is there a list of question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FemaleBo55)
    Guys we should come up with our own predictions together

So far we have:
    food productions
    enzymes
    water
    natural selection
    Immune system
    Effect of smoking on lungs

I shall edit as we go along
    Questions of Enzymes came up last year, and there were questions asking for agglutination and neutralization which is the immune system and an antibody question

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have June 2015 f212 past paper????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzyportia)
    Does anyone have to 2015 paper?
    Here you go
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf F212-01 QP Jun15.pdf (719.4 KB, 294 views)
  2. File Type: pdf F212_MS_June15.pdf (264.5 KB, 228 views)

ReputationRep:
    do you need to know the lifecycle of HIV?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!
    I've attached my own personal answers to the entire specification, it's VERY condensed but hopefully someone will benefit from it;
    Day before the exam, wish you all the best!

-Nz ^_^
    Attached Files
  3. File Type: docx F212 Content Checklist.docx (417.7 KB, 435 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sid_xo)
    Here you go
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FemaleBo55)
    Guys we should come up with our own predictions together

So far we have:
    food productions
    enzymes
    water
    natural selection
    Immune system
    Effect of smoking on lungs

I shall edit as we go along
    Hey, do you reckon tests for biological molecules would come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sid_xo)
    Here you go
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ao_no_exorcist21)
    Hey, do you reckon tests for biological molecules would come up?
    i think you should learn it just to be on the safe side but the test for lipids did come up last year for one mark.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.