Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Adding wrongly is not equivalent to going blank. Going blank implies that you have no recollection of the material required to do the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Clearly I had no recollection of the material required to do the question, because I had no recollection of basic maths.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Adding wrongly is not equivalent to going blank. Going blank implies that you have no recollection of the material required to do the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why are you back?

This is an AS thread.

ReputationRep:
    Guys don't worry about 2g, it was just a really easy question disguised as a hard question. As long as you talked about the two demad-side policies, drew a diagram and linked to the question, expect top marks
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Because you all keep quoting and tagging me.
    ServantOfMorgoth

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be for theme 1 and 2?

ReputationRep:
    i swear the 6g 20 marker was on fiscal policy only wtf?

ReputationRep:
    Would 55 for theme 1 and 62 for theme 2 be realistic for an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bulletman54)
    Na g was on demand side policies so monetary and fiscal
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by bulletman54)
    Nope, was demand-side policies.
    Hopefully you will still get half of the marks.

I know how you feel, by the end of the exam fatigue kicks in, and you don't always read the question properly.

Don't worry about it - there is nothing you can do, it is a rubric error - not a knowledge error.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries anyone????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kantth)
    Would 55 for theme 1 and 62 for theme 2 be realistic for an A?
    It's never been more than 61 for an A, I think it'll be 55-58 for an A in theme 1 and 61 for theme 2. Remember we don't need UMS anymore because it's a new spec, just raw marks so they might even combine it into one average grade required In both papers so like an average of 60 between the 2 for an A…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    It's never been more than 61 for an A, I think it'll be 55-58 for an A in theme 1 and 61 for theme 2. Remember we don't need UMS anymore because it's a new spec, just raw marks so they might even combine it into one average grade required In both papers so like an average of 60 between the 2 for an A…
    Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I estimated myself just scraping and A and being in that 74-78% range.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diastal)
    Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I estimated myself just scraping and A and being in that 74-78% range.
    Same, I think I got somewhere in the mid 50's for unit 1 and I think I smashed unit 2 today so if its combined and not UMS I should hopefully get an A just hope, you might get a nice examiner, you might've done better than you thought or there might be low boundaries for unit 1… I'm feeling very optimistic after today and I hope you are you too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryleavey)
    Nope, was demand-side policies.
    Hopefully you will still get half of the marks.

I know how you feel, by the end of the exam fatigue kicks in, and you don't always read the question properly.

Don't worry about it - there is nothing you can do, it is a rubric error - not a knowledge error.
    Pretty sure that if u expand on fiscal policy enough and evaluate you're still capable of getting all the marks, I wrote about response in gov spending benefits , borrowing to spend , fall in income tax , fall in corporation tax

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    same
    How do you know so much about economics? Do you read a lot of The Economist or The Financial Times? You seem to have so much information...
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lemauricien)
    Pretty sure that if u expand on fiscal policy enough and evaluate you're still capable of getting all the marks, I wrote about response in gov spending benefits , borrowing to spend , fall in income tax , fall in corporation tax

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Possibly. Although it did say 'policies' plural...

ReputationRep:
    Same, I think I got somewhere in the mid 50's for unit 1 and I think I smashed unit 2 today so if its combined and not UMS I should hopefully get an A just hope, you might get a nice examiner, you might've done better than you thought or there might be low boundaries for unit 1… I'm feeling very optimistic after today and I hope you are you too!!
    Haha yes definitely. Ive had three exams so far and this was by far the best as the others were rock solid (theme 1 and c1 maths)

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with all your other exams everyone!!! 😏👍🏿

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so am I. However the main problem for me is my terrible handwriting. It starts of ugly and then gets even uglier. So I just hope the examiner can read what I wrote... Otherwise I'm screwed 😅

ReputationRep:
    Possibly. Although it did say 'policies' plural...
    Yeahh, knowledge and application marks cap tho, also there's never been a mark scheme where they say to not givr marks if a certain other aspect isnt drawn on. But monetary policy is relevant ofc. Abit like unit 1 on the gov intervention, it was so broad with the help to buy scheme, the subsidies and max pricing so u can say whatever as long as it's detailrd

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.