Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    for the rate equation i got the order with respect to acid (H+) as two and the other two as 1
    first bromine number as something like 185
    and the e value as -1.8
    and for the ir the substance was aponyclin (not valinnin) as it had a ketone right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliexox)
    Surely this can't be right because you've drawn carbon with 5 bonds attached ??
    Where have I done that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliexox)
    Surely this can't be right because you've drawn carbon with 5 bonds attached ??
    Every carbon has 4 bonds around it, I don't know where you see 5 bonds

ReputationRep:
    Didn't the vanadium E cell one say that the sign of the vanadium half cell was the same sign as the one in the question which was iron? So it must've been +1.80V, since the iron half cell was positive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kira Yagami)
    I out 0.26 for the e cell, that wrong?
    I got that too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the use of the membrane question in the cell, I put that it balances out the charges between the two half-cells. Would this be worth a mark?

For the partial hydrolysis question I just put the two forms of the amino acid - one with an NH3+ group and another with a COO- group. I understand this is likely to be wrong.

I got +0.26 for the E cell - I am confused why people are getting -0.26?

EDIT: I now understand how it was -0.26... what a silly mark to lose.

ReputationRep:
    I got 0.26V for the E cell value

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can we put F334 behind us now. Just sum it up like this. Cold drawing came up for the first time. 3 marks. Its one sentence in the OCR endorsed revision guide.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charmantell)
    For the use of the membrane question in the cell, I put that it balances out the charges between the two half-cells. Would this be worth a mark?

For the partial hydrolysis question I just put the two forms of the amino acid - one with an NH3+ group and another with a COO- group. I understand this is likely to be wrong.

I got +0.26 for the E cell - I am confused why people are getting -0.26?
    In terms of the Ecell if it was +0.77-0.26v it would not make 1.03 which was stated in the question. Instead i did 1.8v which 1.8-0.77 is 1.03v but this could be completely wrong on my part.

ReputationRep:
    For cold drawing i didn't say about the neck but i said everything else would i lose any marks?

And for the IMF's i said H-B and I-D in amide and P-D and I-D in ester and then talked about the standard stuff?

ReputationRep:
    But as 0.26 v is the negative half cell you have to do 0.77- - 0.26 because the less positive half cell is always taken away from the more positive one.Two minuses make a plus so that means that 0.77 + 0.26 = 1.03 v. I may be completely wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kira Yagami)
    For cold drawing i didn't say about the neck but i said everything else would i lose any marks?

And for the IMF's i said H-B and I-D in amide and P-D and I-D in ester and then talked about the standard stuff?
    I don't think you would lose marks.

ReputationRep:
    E cell was -0.26 V

Need to have the minus sign to get the mark.

ReputationRep:
    Cold drawing was 3 marks
    I said about necking...increases crystallinity...chains more linear....

Forgot to talk about chains being closer together.. Maybe 2/3 for me then?? Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    guys what do you think the grade boundaries will be like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fishhy34)
    UMS grade boundaries are out for this exam/year already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fishhy34)
    Who knows with OCR !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    UMS grade boundaries are out for this exam/year already
    are they not the same every year??

ReputationRep:
    What year was the hardest F335 paper, in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geor_thor)
    Who knows with OCR !!
    do you remember the values for the e-cell question?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.