The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

I think I got something like that and I had no idea what I was doing
Original post by datguy1999
It should be 4, rounding up to 5 means that the power exceeds 100w when it's not meant to

the resistors were in parallel, the total resistance gets lower the more there was I think so the maximum would of been 5
Original post by mstrcvk
Not exactly, you have to use suvat
you werent given a velocity, just acceleration and time and you had to estimate the height the ball reached
Original post by bowliez
the resistors were in parallel, the total resistance gets lower the more there was I think so the maximum would of been 5

its a mixed opinion , we need to ask a physics professional
It was 2.7,
people got 1.7 because they took zero to be the start of the metal scale, when you had to actually calculate from the zero line on the scale (ie like measuring with a ruler and aligning the end of the ruler with the thing you are measuring as opposed to aligning it at the 0 division)
I got that first then realised it was wrong
Original post by BiopredatorZz
For Question 1, is wrote 2.8mm

I got that as well but for some reason it took me a while to look at the reading the right way
Reply 446
Original post by BethFM
It was 2.7,
people got 1.7 because they took zero to be the start of the metal scale, when you had to actually calculate from the zero line on the scale (ie like measuring with a ruler and aligning the end of the ruler with the thing you are measuring as opposed to aligning it at the 0 division)
I got that first then realised it was wrong

do you think error carried forward will be given for the mass question after, and the young modulus?
Original post by haes
do you think error carried forward will be given for the mass question after, and the young modulus?

I think they're gonna have to use error carried forward on this paper like a lot so yeah
Original post by Splaffie
you werent given a velocity, just acceleration and time and you had to estimate the height the ball reached

You use suvat to find the maximum height reached, with v = 0 since this will give the maximum height of the ball.

s = ? u = ? v = 0 a = -1.6ms^2 t = 4

Using s = vt - 1/2at^2, you should get that s = about 13m, and the closest approximation to this was 15m.
Reply 449
Original post by Abuali
The strangeness could be +/-1. so I think there were two answers to the question

The K0 is a down and an antistrange, so has a strangeness of +1, and an anti K0 is an antidown and a strange so has a strangeness of -1.
Therefore since the question had a K0, X would have a strangeness of -1 so the answer would have been D. (I think).
Original post by Chickenslayer69
You use suvat to find the maximum height reached, with v = 0 since this will give the maximum height of the ball.

s = ? u = ? v = 0 a = -1.6ms^2 t = 4

Using s = vt - 1/2at^2, you should get that s = about 13m, and the closest approximation to this was 15m.

wasn't it t =2 lol because the entire time of flight refers to the entire flight. but it reaches its maximum height halfway so t has to be half of the time of flight?

so the answer was 3m?
t=2 when v=0 cuz its half the time to reach maximum height
Original post by PawanAviator
wasn't it t =2 lol because the entire time of flight refers to the entire flight. but it reaches its maximum height halfway so t has to be half of the time of flight?

so the answer was 3m?

Oh... ****.
Um excuse me but we were told not to do question 9 on page 18?? The kaon and pion multiple choice one?? Did anyone else get told that as well??
Reply 454
Original post by d010534
Um excuse me but we were told not to do question 9 on page 18?? The kaon and pion multiple choice one?? Did anyone else get told that as well??

Yeah every was told because there was an error in the question
Original post by SusamS
Yeah every was told because there was an error in the question

Thank you!! I thought we were being trolled lol :tongue:
Reply 456
Did anyone else find todays paper hard to complete in the time limit?
Too much electricity...
What was the question we crossed out, I cant remember it?
Original post by CBPAS
Did anyone else find todays paper hard to complete in the time limit?

Yeah it got to the end of the time, the examiner goes "your time is up" so i literally guess the last three multiple choice questions quickly before closing my paper, honestly that exam was disgusting I may have died.

Quick Reply

Latest