Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Offer to study physics at Cambridge my 42 inch ass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Offer to study physics at Cambridge my 42 inch ass
    I'll have you know, I study Harry potter studies at Leeds.
    Dont believe me? Check my page, if its on my page its super legit.

So yeh, because I study Harry potter studies I have now concluded that Harry potter is actually real. soz folks.

ReputationRep:
    Funny because physics doesn't get offered at undergraduate level at Cambridge. Didn't Mummy tell you lying was bad?

I've been here longer than you have so I post more. Problem? Unfortunately, I was born with boobs and a vagina. So wrong gender. Hilarious you can't see the female sign on my profile.
    Philosophy sorry a typo. I can take a screenshot of my UCAS track and post it on here if you dont believe me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    Wont have the brain to understand science? Lol I got an offer to study physics at Cambridge. If you don't believe me have a look on my page :-)
    You're telling me to get a life when you've got full bars on your rep thing? I suggest you go get a job. Silly boy
    sorry, i can't seem to spot anything on your page about holding an offer for cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy sorry a typo. I can take a screenshot of my UCAS track and post it on here if you dont believe me?
    Definitively a typo.
    From arguing that scientific experiments are false by justification because you're studying Physics to Philosophy.

Well that escalated quick.

ReputationRep:
    I remember you writing in a Cambridge thread and you mentioned the A level subjects. None of them have anything to do with Philosophy. You can still be ignorant and someone who got into Cambridge. Honestly I doubt that you have an offer.

And you have an offer from Queen Mary right? Interesting, how did you manage to write a philosophy AND a computer science personal statement in one?

Cobalt_
    hannahrobinsxn

(Original post by Cobalt_)
    I'll have you know, I study Harry potter studies at Leeds.
    Dont believe me? Check my page, if its on my page its super legit.

So yeh, because I study Harry potter studies I have now concluded that Harry potter is actually real. soz folks.

Makes everything super legit....

ReputationRep:
    I remember you writing in a Cambridge thread and you mentioned the A level subjects. None of them have anything to do with Philosophy. You can still be ignorant and someone who got into Cambridge. Honestly I doubt that you have an offer.

And you have an offer from Queen Mary right? Interesting, how did you manage to write a philosophy AND a computer science personal statement in one?

Cobalt_
    hannahrobinsxn

Makes everything super legit....
    Name:  image.png
Views: 58
Size:  156.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobalt_)
    Name:  image.png
Views: 58
Size:  156.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    There's about as much evidence of Harry Potter being a real person as there is for GodAllah/Zeus/whatever the **** you choose to call him existing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    There's about as much evidence of Harry Potter being a real person as there is for GodAllah/Zeus/whatever the **** you choose to call him existing.
    Apparently having a "Cambridge" offer means you can be clever enough to reject science

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why people have a problem with it at all. Why care so much? If you love someone you should be able to decide whether you want to marry them or not. I think it's appalling that people STILL have such historical views on the situation. This is the 21st century for God's sake, be a bit more open minded!!

ReputationRep:
    No I don't support it. But it does not mean I treat anyone LBGTQ differently in real life. Partly my disapproval lies because:
    1. There is civil partnerships for gays/lesbians but not for straight couples- created exactly for that reason...
    2. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman by principle (partly based on what I interpret from contemporary Christianity)
    3. I believe the purpose of life is to have a family, and marriage is a union in which a family can be made securely - men and women have "complementative reproductive parts"
    So yeah, marriage is between man and woman, and I don't think my opinion would change even with more threads like these.

ReputationRep:
    I fully support it. Only low life's don't support it. This is coming from a Roman Catholic.
    Do you think that people WANT to be gay? You're obviously born gay.
    Plus there's gay's in every religion from muslim. christian etc etc.
    If they love someone that much why should we judge them?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    meh; totally indifferent. I dont wanna rain on anyone's parade so if im good and they're good + we both got good things going for us... what's there to get worked up about... let's just do our own thing, each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pereira325)
    1. There is civil partnerships for gays/lesbians but not for straight couples- created exactly for that reason...
    Separate is not equal. There were also separate water fountains for black people in 1950s America.

2. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman by principle (partly based on what I interpret from contemporary Christianity)
    You're entitled to your beliefs, but I will say that Christianity does not own the definition of marriage. It existed long before Christianity was conceived.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed9727)
    Only lesbians, one woman is enough, just imagine 2 going at it :rofl:
    fck boy comment of the year

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbanlocations)
    I fully support it. Only low life's don't support it. This is coming from a Roman Catholic.
    Do you think that people WANT to be gay? You're obviously born gay.
    Plus there's gay's in every religion from muslim. christian etc etc.
    If they love someone that much why should we judge them?
    Of the people I know who are religious the ones who are most open to gay marriage have been catholics. This might be surprising at first considering the media portrays catholics as pious and traditionalist but this has been the opposite of my experience. I have seen more vitriol spouted from the mouth of evangelicals and muslims.

Being anti gay is no different than being racist or holding a prejudice to any religious person.

Be accused of Islamophobia then you are a bad person so why is a a muslim who happens to be homophobic not viewed the same way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pereira325)
    No I don't support it. But it does not mean I treat anyone LBGTQ differently in real life. Partly my disapproval lies because:
    3. I believe the purpose of life is to have a family, and marriage is a union in which a family can be made securely - men and women have "complementative reproductive parts"
    So yeah, marriage is between man and woman, and I don't think my opinion would change even with more threads like these.
    Why should Christianity be concerned about a marriage conducted in a secular institution?

So why about adoption? Is an adopted child more secure in a home because the adoptive parents have "complementative reproductive parts" ?

There are more holes in your conclusions than my colander.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooliomed)
    =
    So why about adoption? Is an adopted child more secure in a home because the adoptive parents have "complementative reproductive parts" ?=
    You'd be surprised how many think that.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.