Ask the Speaker II

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    The last post thing isn't working because I presume it has been deleted – you might have seen the user HEAVYDaz spamming the place and I presume the ST have deleted some of his posts, including one in the Labour Q&A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattElves)
    I think the last post was deleted so you need to click the main link rather than the arrow to the last post.
    (Original post by The Financier)
    I've been binning some of the spam from earlier on. It's accessible but you'll need to click the thread title rather than the last page button.
    Cheers both!

ReputationRep:
    Saracen's Fez - LP asked for a session of ESQs to take place last night, a few days ago, but nothing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Saracen's Fez - LP asked for a session of ESQs to take place last night, a few days ago, but nothing...
    OK, I think he asked for it so far in advance that I didn't write it down at the time. I will get it set up for you tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Mr speaker, please could my current amendment go to vote if it pleases you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Mr speaker, please could my current amendment go to vote if it pleases you.
    I will send it to vote tonight.

ReputationRep:
    B1031 (Sustainability Incentives) to Division please, Mr Speaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I will send it to vote tonight.
    No you won't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mongrels)
    No you won't
    Bit late for that.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,

The Acting Prime Minister's Conservative Party advertisement in his signature claims that it is endorsed by TSR blobbies. What I would like to know is if the TSR blobbies have actually given their endorsement to them. If the TSR blobbies have not given their endorsement, will the said party face disciplinary consequences for claiming that the TSR blobbies have endorsed them when they actually have not? If this behaviour goes unpunished, it sets a dangerous precedent, whereby parties will start claiming that so and so have endorsed them even though the person who the party claims to have endorsed them has not endorsed them, or has not given consent for their endorsement, verbal or otherwise, to appear in the party advertisement of the party which they have endorsed. The reason I am asking this is because I am genuinely concerned about the well being of the TSR blobbies and wish to check to ensure that they are not being exploited. I love the TSR blobbies - I have a great relationship with the TSR blobbies, and we have to ensure that their rights are upheld.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Mr Speaker,

The Acting Prime Minister's Conservative Party advertisement in his signature claims that it is endorsed by TSR blobbies. What I would like to know is if the TSR blobbies have actually given their endorsement to them. If the TSR blobbies have not given their endorsement, will the said party face disciplinary consequences for claiming that the TSR blobbies have endorsed them when they actually have not? If this behaviour goes unpunished, it sets a dangerous precedent, whereby parties will start claiming that so and so have endorsed them even though the person who the party claims to have endorsed them has not endorsed them, or has not given consent for their endorsement, verbal or otherwise, to appear in the party advertisement of the party which they have endorsed. The reason I am asking this is because I am genuinely concerned about the well being of the TSR blobbies and wish to check to ensure that they are not being exploited. I love the TSR blobbies - I have a great relationship with the TSR blobbies, and we have to ensure that their rights are upheld.
    I think you're referring to me, but:
    - I'm not, and never was the Acting Prime Minister
    - The real PM is back, and so no one is now Acting PM.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,

Are there any requirements for standing as an independent MP at the next election?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lockton)
    Mr Speaker,

Are there any requirements for standing as an independent MP at the next election?
    Just not being a member of a party – I am not aware of any experience requirements. If I were doing more than passing through the House tonight I would check and I will double-check for you tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lockton)
    Mr Speaker,

I think you may need 100 posts and have been a member of TSR for over 3 months, as that's what you need to vote, though I'm sure Fez will confirm that or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I think you may need 100 posts and have been a member of TSR for over 3 months, as that's what you need to vote, though I'm sure Fez will confirm that or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Imagine if they weren't requirements, and you just simply couldn't vote for yourself :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if they weren't requirements, and you just simply couldn't vote for yourself :lol:
    Oh the pain!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Oh the pain!
    I have checked the Constitution and GD and there do not appear to be any restrictions – perhaps unsurprising given there are none to sit as an MP.

ReputationRep:
    Could you mention the vote of the Assisted Dying Bill in the written/bolded part of the update when it actually gets added to the Lobby? I assume the 'invalid thread' link is a problem with the suicide link (same reason my 'suicide can be rational' post got deleted).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Could you mention the vote of the Assisted Dying Bill in the written/bolded part of the update when it actually gets added to the Lobby? I assume the 'invalid thread' link is a problem with the suicide link (same reason my 'suicide can be rational' post got deleted).
    It's annoying they get rid of these kind of posts, because in the context of yours, that would've been an interesting read!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    It has been approved now, and I will include another link to it tonight.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.