Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me a guess as to how many marks I'd lose for getting the limits wrong on th eQ7b integral for the volume generated y=8 and getting the final answer wrong too? And getting the wrong time for Q4? I'm thinking I'm losing anywhere from 3 to about 7 here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramil Ahmadov)
    How many marks do you think i will get for the last part of the last question if i only did until the point where you get a quadratic equation for lambda? I just didn't have time to finish it off.
    You ended up with a quadratic? What method is that? I compared the magnitude of AP to the magnitude of the direction vector of the second line, and from comparing you get lambda=2/5 for the same magnitude to occur

ReputationRep:
    how many marks was question 3 worth? It was an easy question which I carelessly messed up. I want to know how many method marks I would get or if you get method marks for this question.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How would method marks be allocated for the last question; I considered similar triangles and found a scale factor enlargement and multiplied it the the unit based vector of AB then added it to P to find E, my answer was a weird surd, so I definitely got it wrong, but would I definitely get 0 for the whole question?

ReputationRep:
    Got a different position for E, how did you work them out?

Also for 4a didn't it ask us to solve the differential equation, not form it?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks is each question worth?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got the actual questions rather than just answers? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somebodyelse98)
    guys i put lamda as 16 but i think i integrated correctly, why did i get 16???
    same. No idea what I did.

I remember multiplying 8cosxsinx by something. Which means I must have multiplied it by 2tanx? But idk where I got 2tanx from. I'm guessing I lost a mark then

(Original post by Gavrielrudolph)
    The same for me. I think I got root 15 something. The angle turned out to be 67 something. Was that similar to yours?
    That's what my friend did. I think you just worked out the wrong angle somehow. You could do 90- 67.(whatever) to get the actual answer. But if your angle is the wrong angle then surely you must have made the original error in a previous part to the question?

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure about 7d), the shade region should be in the form of x-y(pi), where x and y are constants i don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I think I forgot to integrate the partial fractions lol :')
    Do you think 65 for C3 and 72 for C4 would be enough for an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angoranimi)
    I think I forgot to integrate the partial fractions lol :'
    depends what you got in c1 c2 and the 2 other modulus

ReputationRep:
    Is someone able to tell me how many marks each question was...thanks

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I lose if I wrote all the correct working for the final vectors question but did not have time to actually sub in 2/5 and work out the coordinate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angoranimi)
    I think I forgot to integrate the partial fractions lol :'
    I reckon so

ReputationRep:
    Full worked solutions: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4185241

ReputationRep:
    What would you guys say 66 or 67 would be?

Like what UMS??????????

ReputationRep:
    Hey gus for the differential equation qiestion , I left it in terms of ln , how many marks do you think ill lose . Also do you think ill lose a marl for not cancelling 8pi/6 to 4pi/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asurat)
    Can anyone give me a guess as to how many marks I'd lose for getting the limits wrong on th eQ7b integral for the volume generated y=8 and getting the final answer wrong too? And getting the wrong time for Q4? I'm thinking I'm losing anywhere from 3 to about 7 here

For question 4 when you say the wrong time this will depend whether you calculated the time correct in hours but didn't convert to minutes - in which case you'd lose the final A1 mark.

For question 7 for the integral you'll likely use 2 marks for this- M1 mark for calculating the volume, and the A1 mark for getting the incorrect volume. You may lose a further mark depending on how many marks this question was worth, and if your final answer was incorrect then your may have made another error in your method ?

I'd say to be safe you've lost 5-6 marks here.

ReputationRep:
    Wud a 69 in c3 nd a 66 in c4 be an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turtlebunny)
    What would you guys say 66 or 67 would be?

Like what UMS??????????
    You're looking at a mid to high B, seeing as the grade boundaries WILL skyrocket. An A will be 68/69.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.