Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.17%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.54%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.29%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Ummmm I think you have the footsteps wrong...
    http://serebii.net/pokemongo/capture.shtml
    Whoops, thanks for pointing that out. 👀

XxKingSniprxX see quote.

ReputationRep:
    Woo just caught a drowzee in the dustbin lol :lol: with 44cp, strongest pokémon I have so far.
    In total I have caught 6 pokémon so far, plus I reached level 3. All within my house haven't even left my house, not even once lol. :proud:

ReputationRep:
    I have 28 so far

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think about sunscreen so now I have red arms so I guess I'll have to take a day off from the hunting thankfully it's just barely not bad enough that it would peel so it should turn into a tan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    Never really done any Pokemon stuff before but I downloaded this since it's just THAT popular.

Managed to sign in using Google but it crashed just as it looked like it was getting somewhere; reopened, now it's stuck on the loading screen with about 75% left to go, and it hasn't gone up and just comes up with errors. It's also taken about 15% of my battery up already.
    I suggest trying it earlier in the day. There are usually problems from around 5pm as a lot of people who grew up with it have jobs and can only use it from then, so there's and increase in users and the servers have problems keeping up.

It does eat the battery. Mine goes from 100% to 5% in about 2 hours of constant use.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one really disturbed by the way the poll has been coloured

You're supposed to be a professional Puddles :no:

ReputationRep:
    Personal report, the game is HUGE around where I live, I'm seeing players everywhere... and they're so obvious because they're standing still in the most random locations :lol:

Driving through the suburbs past a church, one guy on his phone on one side stopped with his bike, another guy on the other pavement also staring at his phone - its nice, you get a fuzzy feeling knowing you know what they're doing!

Walking my dog in the park with the app on, noticed someone had dropped a lure so I went over, a trio of kids were running around catching pokemon - the same age I was back when the original blue/red/yellows launched :awesome:

Went to pick up my mum from the local uni, went a half hour early so I could drop a lure up there.. saw loads of people stop by from army cadets to lecturers and students, someone else dropped a lure so we had a right bonanza going!

In short this game is a ton of fun, not sure how well it'll hold my attention a few months down the line though. At the moment everyone's caught up in the desire to level up as fast as possible to get ahead of the wave, so when it becomes more grindy and everyone has massively tanky pokemon holding down gyms..?

edit: I'm trainer level 9.8 - going to get level 10 tomorrow and then set up shop somewhere with a lucky egg and a lure, evolve all my stockpiled pokemon and try to powerlevel to 12

ReputationRep:
    Is there a reason why team blue and red are so popular and team yellow is not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    Is there a reason why team blue and red are so popular and team yellow is not?
    A lot of people are simply choosing by the colour they like best. Yellow in general isn't a very popular colour.

If you ask people for their favourite colour, there will be loads more of blue and red compared to yellow.

It would be different if the team colour meant anything. For example, since yellow team is about hatching eggs it would require shorter distances or would be more likely to hatch rarer Pokemon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    A lot of people are simply choosing by the colour they like best. Yellow in general isn't a very popular colour.

If you ask people for their favourite colour, there will be loads more of blue and red compared to yellow.

It would be different if the team colour meant anything. For example, since yellow team is about hatching eggs it would require shorter distances or would be more likely to hatch rarer Pokemon.

Well people should be choosing teams based on personality and not colour of the team.

For example, red team takes an aggressive approach to battles and is about improving strenght, blue team takes calm and collected approach to battle and is about evolving pokemon, and yellow team chooses to battle with instinct and following your gut and is about hatching of pokemon.

ReputationRep:
    What team should I join? 🤔

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else like me, never been interested in Pokemon or anything like it whatsoever but going mad for this. I'm kind of at a disadvantage cause idk what the hell is going on. But I caught one on the toilet today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCherry)
    What team should I join? 🤔
    Read my message above

ReputationRep:
    Well people should be choosing teams based on personality and not colour of the team.

For example, red team takes an aggressive approach to battles and is about improving strenght, blue team takes calm and collected approach to battle and is about evolving pokemon, and yellow team chooses to battle with instinct and following your gut and is about hatching of pokemon.
    That's what it is supposed to be, yes. But since there are no in game differences depending on the choice, majority doesn't really care. They either chose whichever colour they like better or the team their friend chose.

ReputationRep:

I was actually doing to choose based on mascots. I'm a big fire and dragon user in the main games (dable with other types like dark, fighting and psychic but don't go out of that really) so I was going to do the same here and team with moltres.
    I wasn't aware that teams have personalities so thsi might change my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    That's what it is supposed to be, yes. But since there are no in game differences depending on the choice, majority doesn't really care. They either chose whichever colour they like better or the team their friend chose.
    Yes that’s true which is kind of disappointing as well. I mean they should have added some type of advantage/disadvantage of each team like;
    Blue team can evolve their Pokémon with less points or evolve a lot quicker, red team able to power up the Pokémon a lot quicker or need less points to power up and yellow team has higher chance of hatching rarer eggs and have access to more eggs.
    That would have made the game a lot more interesting and gives each team a meaning as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I was actually going to choose based on mascots. I'm a big fire and dragon user in the main games (dable with other types like dark, fighting and psychic but don't go out of that really) so I was going to do the same here and team with moltres.
    I wasn't aware that teams have personalities so this might change my mind.
    Well tbh even do each team have their own personality, it doesn't make a difference what team you choose. Since there isn't any particular advantage of one team over the other as of yet. Hopefully when they update the game they might change that. So you can choose whatever team you like it won't make a difference when playing.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that’s true which is kind of disappointing as well. I mean they should have added some type of advantage/disadvantage of each team like;
    Blue team can evolve their Pokémon with less points or evolve a lot quicker, red team able to power up the Pokémon a lot quicker or need less points to power up and yellow team has higher chance of hatching rarer eggs and have access to more eggs.
    That would have made the game a lot more interesting and gives each team a meaning as well.
    They may add it in the future. Heard stuff about them adding Pokemon trading with other players which would nice because it feels like it's a pretty big part of playing Pokemon. And there's just not enough interaction with other players.

:zomg: You got a zapdos? Damn how did you manage that
    I.. Took a pic and was pretending as if I was actually playing this game.. - that was before release.

ReputationRep:
    Had to give up on my quest finding Dratini was on a stupid uni campus tour... :cry2: :bawling:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.