Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaaa09)
    Oh that's great, well done! I've applied there too but haven't heard anything from anyone.
    I only heard from them at 11 this morning so fingers crossed for you! Welsh hospitals seem to be taking ages short listing!

ReputationRep:
    TLC exam was fun haaaaaaa prioritisng section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jin3011)
    Eyo guys! Let me know if you want me to send you a file of common pre-reg interview questions to go over. Helped me prep for my interviews. Best wishes!
    Hey! Mind sending me this too please? Much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Any replies from Welsh hosps yet?
    I've had responses from BCUHB and the integrated programme? Which are you waiting on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy_ac)
    I've had responses from BCUHB and the integrated programme? Which are you waiting on?
    Oh right, I'm waiting on ABMU, Cwm Taff, Cardiff & Royal Gwent.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, I'm waiting on ABMU, Cwm Taff, Cardiff & Royal Gwent.
    I've applied to the exact same health boards/ hospitals!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy_ac)
    did yeh get an interview from bcuhb?

ReputationRep:
    Eyo guys! Let me know if you want me to send you a file of common pre-reg interview questions to go over. Helped me prep for my interviews. Best wishes!
    Hey! Could you send me a copy as well? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicguru)
    did yeh get an interview from bcuhb?
    Yeah, I've not heard from them directly yet though, just the email from pharmalife. Did you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!)
    TLC exam was fun haaaaaaa prioritisng section
    Lol the prioritising section confused me...tick them high or low in comparison to the others..eh? What if you ticked them all high how can you compare haha! Should have been ranking them!

Numeracy was nice and easy though! *

ReputationRep:
    Hey, mind sending this to me also? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lysipud)
    Lol the prioritising section confused me...tick them high or low in comparison to the others..eh? What if you ticked them all high how can you compare haha! Should have been ranking them!

What kind of numeracy questions did they have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lateeefah)
    What kind of numeracy questions did they have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just pharmaceutical calculations you would have done in first year! Calculating doses and finding percentage concentrations.*

ReputationRep:
    I'd appreciate if you could send it to me too please! Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lysipud)

Yup maths was pretty basic! Bruhh it was ughhh had to force myself to rank 2 low..antibiotics part in the clinical had me caffuffled but the rest was straight forward...

ReputationRep:
    Yup maths was pretty basic! Bruhh it was ughhh had to force myself to rank 2 low..antibiotics part in the clinical had me caffuffled but the rest was straight forward...

Oh were you at 9am too?? I had the antibiotics one and was like eh? Haha! The only one I could remember was c.diff 😟

ReputationRep:
    Lol I thought the antibiotics were the easiest marks going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeredithGrey13)
    Pleaseeeee can someone name some of the hospitals that go into second round??
    Sorry to hear about the rejections. Don't worry though there is still hope! Also getting on reserve list still means hope too so if that happens don't be down hearted. The hospitals in 2nd round are different every year, really depends on what happens in their interviews. There were quite a lot last year and emails into spring about the Isle of Wight hospital!**

ReputationRep:
    Heyy! Would you mind sending me them too pleeaasse??
    Thank yoouuu!

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how people where preparing for interviews , I have a interview at hospital in Liverpool and they said that it would consist of just verbal questions no examinations/ assessments 😖
    I am kinda confused how to prepare and was wondering if any one had any advice ?
    Best wishes

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.