Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bvmf99)
    "Bullying is banned in this school" 🙄😒
    Unfortunately, it's the same in every school; I think bullying is one of those things that just won't ever stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Having went to a pretty religious primary school, that insisted pushing their indoctrination even during P.E most of it was a lie.

Learnt some absolute bangers though like "'He's got the whole world in his hands', 'All things bright and beautiful' and my personal favourite and all time classic 'Little Donkey'.

ReputationRep:
    In Reception or Year 1, they would tell us if we worked hard enough they would wheel in the TV and show us a video.

They obviously removed the wheels...

ReputationRep:
    "Pythagorus theorem will come in use in your life.."

ReputationRep:
    Not quite a teacher but the jumped up receptionist at my school always threatened us that if we kept being late she would 'tell UCAS' and we wouldn't get into uni. Stupid *****.*

ReputationRep:
    My teachers always used to come up with ridiculous stories to stop children rocking on their chairs. :yep: :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    At beginning of year 8: I'll bake you guys cake every week!

At the end of year 9, having had absolutely no cake: Hey, I totally baked you guys cake every week.

Turns out she'd been giving it to a different class...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    This is a golden thread. Join in with the discussion before 26 August 2016 to be in with the chance of winning an iPad air 2!

I remember being in reception, so only about 4 or 5, and our teacher told us that a rocket was going to the moon that day and if we worked really really quietly we'd be able to hear it take-off..

It totally worked. We were silent for the whole day, but never did hear that rocket go off.

What are the fibs your teachers told you at school to get you to be quiet, or stop asking silly questions?

Other golden threads:

1. List the fibs your teacher told you at school

2. What's your ultimate summer tune?

3. Which GCSE subject can you not wait to ditch?

4. Sum up how you’re feeling about results day in a meme or gif

5. How do you plan to celebrate your exam results?

6. Starting uni: what are you most excited about?

7. One essential piece of advice you'd give to someone starting their A-levels

8. What's the one thing will get you through results day?

The competition runs from 3 August to 23:59 on 26 August 2016. The random draw will be made on 30 August 2016.
    That one kid who fell off his chair... and DIED!!

ReputationRep:
    Latin teacher told me I could get no higher than a B. Ended up proving her wrong with full marks for 3 out of 4 exams and losing only 4 UMS in total

ReputationRep:
    "You won't pass if you don't revise"

ReputationRep:
    If you don't attend you're going to fail everything.
    You have to do that homework... It matters.
    This test won't contribute to your grades.
    It's not a hard test.
    She's a nice supply teacher honest.

High school teachers tell a lot of fibs.

ReputationRep:
    "You can do whatever you want, you just have to put your mind to it".I still haven't won the lottery. Then again, I suppose me not buying any tickets may have something to do with that. xD

ReputationRep:
    My physics teacher, who was a very old lady, used to tell many stories about her life. Pretty sure the truth was a bit changed. That + the actual physics that were taught; we need to update the curriculum!!!

ReputationRep:
    "Everything you learn inside this maths classroom will come in useful."
    ... I'm still waiting to use my fantastic simultaneous equation skills.

ReputationRep:
    -Your French coursework is an a, you'll be fine (um, no, more like an e)
    -If you don't take a language you won't get into uni
    -French (seeing a pattern here?) gcse is a good introduction to the language
    -There's been a letter on the writing paper every year for the last decade, let's do lots of revision for it
    -There was a speech last year, that won't come up (wjec 🙄)
    -We listen to what you say at student parliament
    -We're fixing the toilets this year (heard that every year from y7, I just left y11 and they sorted them this year 😒)

ReputationRep:
    "You're gonna be amazing at a levels"

ReputationRep:
    Don't become overconfident with your mock results otherwise you will fail your final real GCSEs!

ReputationRep:
    I have two, one is 'Don't rock on your chair because one child I taught fell of the chair whilst rocking it and cracked their head open' and the other fib is 'the moon is made of cheese'

ReputationRep:
    Another one 'You're going to pass maths at GCSE'

ReputationRep:
    'You'll be fine!'

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your exams so far?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.