Chess games

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    oops so sorry! I meant irrational root! (if you are indeed "elliptic curve". but yeah I told him to have week off so maybe thats y.
    Yeah that's me .
    Did he end up getting fished out or no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electrospective)
    Depends if you wanna join
    I do! I played against K-Man_PhysCheM and won, did that count as my first round?

ReputationRep:
    How good are you btw?
    Idk lol. I know all the rules. I play on chess.com sometimes. Only played on lichess once but I remember it being a good site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    internet randomly slows down while I'm winning against someone way worse, it shows their counter going down, it gets to 0 then suddenly their move is made, their time goes up, mine goes down, I make a move, my timer continues anyway, I time out, 107 rating points gone. gg lichess
    sounds like cheating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    sounds like cheating
    how? :beard: Do note that I have unimaginably awful internet (right now 1.65 Mbps download, 0.39 Mbps upload).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Yeah that's me .
    Did he end up getting fished out or no?
    unfortunately no, gonna reapply next year. Atleast he'll be fully ready next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Idk lol. I know all the rules. I play on chess.com sometimes. Only played on lichess once but I remember it being a good site.
    You're just being modest...aren't you?

I do! I played against K-Man_PhysCheM and won, did that count as my first round?
    Erm...one sec okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    how? :beard: Do note that I have unimaginably awful internet (right now 1.65 Mbps download, 0.39 Mbps upload).
    could be that as well. but you would be surprised the tricks they get up to.

ReputationRep:
    You're just being modest...aren't you?
    Haha. I know I'm better than plenty of people I know, but I also know plenty of people better than me. I really want to become properly good but haven't had much chance to play in a while.

How does this tournament work?

ReputationRep:
    Athematica vs Kyx

does anyone know who won this?

(Original post by john2054)
    x
    Would you like to join the tournament thing? (it's not as serious as you think )
    If so what's your chess ability level? Beginner, intermediate or advanced/expert?

Haha. I know I'm better than plenty of people I know, but I also know plenty of people better than me. I really want to become properly good but haven't had much chance to play in a while.

How does this tournament work?
    Okay so I try find you someone with similar chess abilities for you to play against. So shall I class you as intermediate? ('cause you're not a beginner and you wouldn't class yourself as advanced/expert...would you?)

x
    Hey what's your chess ability level? Beginner, intermediate or advanced/expert?

Hola what's your chess ability level? Beginner, intermediate or advanced/expert? ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I try find you someone with similar chess abilities for you to play against. So shall I class you as intermediate? ('cause you're not a beginner and you wouldn't class yourself as advanced/expert...would you?)
    I guess???

ReputationRep:
    I mean technically expert but thats debatable

ReputationRep:
    Athematica vs Kyx

Would you like to join the tournament thing? (it's not as serious as you think )
    If so what's your chess ability level? Beginner, intermediate or advanced/expert?

Hola what's your chess ability level? Beginner, intermediate or advanced/expert? ^_^
    I feel as though I'm still pretty terrible at chess, but hopefully I would be considered intermediate.

ReputationRep:
    I feel as though I'm still pretty terrible at chess, but hopefully I would be considered intermediate.
    I know what you mean, it's one of those things where the more aware you become of what the top standard is, the worse you feel lol

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, it's one of those things where the more aware you become of what the top standard is, the worse you feel lol

Yep and despite the fact that I feel I have a lot of potential, I've never had to chance to really practice and get familiar with the game.

ReputationRep:
    Yep and despite the fact that I feel I have a lot of potential, I've never had to chance to really practice and get familiar with the game.
    Yeah, I wish I'd played more when I was little - I'd (hopefully) be a lot better than I am now. *shrug* Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    I guess???
    I mean technically expert but thats debatable
    Check the first post
    Spoiler:
    Show
    PS: let me know who wins, you can decide if it's one game or best of three...up to you. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    1v1 me right now
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Athematica vs Kyx

Yes thanks Electro i would. My score is about 1700, on lichess, but i think that can be deceptive. I have the ability to teach children chess, which i always think is the sign of a good player.

ReputationRep:
    Check the first post
    Spoiler:
    Show
    PS: let me know who wins, you can decide if it's one game or best of three...up to you. ^_^
    Expert lol, I have been forsaken.

EnglishMuon You mind if we play in like half an hour? I just need to quickly do something. 10/15min timer game ok? Idk if there's some kind of standard rule for all the games in this tournament.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.