Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think she's pretty. But she has a beautiful personality and has helped me with my geog stuff a lot, so i'm probably a little biased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    I think she's pretty. But she has a beautiful personality and has helped me with my geog stuff a lot, so i'm probably a little biased.
    Is she another Readingite then..?

(Original post by polthegael)
    "By definition, kife is the group of pine needles, bark, ash, and other stuff that gets in your food when you're camping"

What..?! :confused:
    sam kife = underage girls or girls who look underage

kife = fit women

sam = lad we know who has a thing for young/young-looking girls :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Is she another Readingite then..?
    No, she lives somewhere in London I think. She's just helped me on here a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    sam kife = underage girls or girls who look underage

kife = fit women

sam = lad we know who has a thing for young/young-looking girls :rolleyes:
    Ah... All becomes clear..!

BTW - Aimée, are you planning on hooning to Cambridge as well? Where do you think you'll be applying to/have you applied to/are you going to (I think I've exhausted all possibilities there!)?

Pol,
    how do you say your name?

Is it like "opinion poll" or "fireman's pole" or what>?

edit: i just remembered that you say it like opinion pole... i think i am losing it.. must be the coriander

Is it like "pole" or more like "poll" as in "polly the parrot" ?

ReputationRep:
    Ah... All becomes clear..!

BTW - Aimée, are you planning on hooning to Cambridge as well? Where do you think you'll be applying to/have you applied to/are you going to (I think I've exhausted all possibilities there!)?
    I'm thinking about applying to Caius for Geog, not sure yet though! And my UMS wern't exactly great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Pol,
    how do you say your name?

Is it like "opinion poll" or "fireman's pole" or what>?
    Sort of, yes.

Irish is a strange language. Basically the language spoken in the Scottish Isles and in Isle of Man schools is the same thing.

With the English speakers moving in across the Gaelic speaking countries, the various areas where Gaelic was used grew apart. As the Gaelic speakers were generally poor and operated in family circles, they never had cause to to travel to other Gaeltacht areas.

This caused the language to seperate into different dialects and also there is vastly different pronounciation in different places.

I say my name like a (election/fireman's ) POLL, but other people may say it differently. (v.sup. pronounciation of Roisin)

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about applying to Caius for Geog, not sure yet though! And my UMS wern't exactly great
    Ah - go for it anyway! You can only lose one option out of 8 or however many non-medical students can apply for..!

ReputationRep:
    Ah - go for it anyway! You can only lose one option out of 8 or however many non-medical students can apply for..!
    Hehe, 6! So where are you off to?

Sort of, yes.

Irish is a strange language. Basically the language spoken in the Scottish Isles and in Isle of Man schools is the same thing.

With the English speakers moving in across the Gaelic speaking countries, the various areas where Gaelic was used grew apart. As the Gaelic speakers were generally poor and operated in family circles, they never had cause to to travel to other Gaeltacht areas.

This caused the language to seperate into different dialects and also there is vastly different pronounciation in different places.

I say my name like a (election/fireman's ) POLL, but other people may say it differently. (v.sup. pronounciation of Roisin)
    well, i am going to pronounce it haddock then

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, 6! So where are you off to?
    Girton

Everyone rips it out of me for choice of college - but, it's still Cambridge afterall and I'll get super-fit having to travel miles to lectures each day if they don't let me drive!

ReputationRep:
    Girton

Everyone rips it out of me for choice of college - but, it's still Cambridge afterall and I'll get super-fit having to travel miles to lectures each day if they don't let me drive!
    Nowt wrong with Girton! What subject you going to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    well, i am going to pronounce it haddock then
    That's just a tad OTT on the different pronounciation!

In Ireland, on the Ardteist, you get marked on (among other things) reading a text out loud whilst being taped.

The blag is that everyone gets full marks so long as they keep it going fluently as mistakes are written off as dialectical variation in pronounciation!

You also get extra marks for answering papers in Irish rather than English (15% on science papers down to 2% on art, I think). You obviously fail Irish using English and vice versa!

ReputationRep:
    Nowt wrong with Girton! What subject you going to do?
    Medicine

I hate sick people/blood/etc - but I want one of those houses down the Warren one day!

ReputationRep:
    Medicine

I hate sick people/blood/etc - but I want one of those houses down the Warren one day!
    Hehe! Did you drive down it? You may have seen my house! And medicine - you clever boy!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe! Did you drive down it? You may have seen my house! And medicine - you clever boy!!!
    No, but I asked Katie and her friends about it. If people from Caversham Heights can say it's a very nice place to be - then I want to be there!

Boy... That sounds good! I can temporarily forget my advanced age!

ReputationRep:
    No, but I asked Katie and her friends about it. If people from Caversham Heights can say it's a very nice place to be - then I want to be there!

Boy... That sounds good! I can temporarily forget my advanced age!
    Ah, being spoilt! And how old are you then? I assumed you were 17/18!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, being spoilt! And how old are you then? I assumed you were 17/18!
    17/18... I wish! Have you not seen the wee picture by my posts? I suggest you look at my profile!

ReputationRep:
    17/18... I wish! Have you not seen the wee picture by my posts? I suggest you look at my profile!
    I've seen it! You don't look a day over 17!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.