Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    Reading this thread reassures me that I am not the most overstressed person for results!
    I'm not overstressed....well I suppose I am :confused:

I was fine during the wait for GCSE and AS, I just feel so anxious about these results. My offer depends on getting an A in English Lit and I have this dreadful feeling I just missed the grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I'm not overstressed....well I suppose I am :confused:

I was fine during the wait for GCSE and AS, I just feel so anxious about these results. My offer depends on getting an A in English Lit and I have this dreadful feeling I just missed the grade.

I can understand the year 13 students' getting stressed... but AS students- just no!

ReputationRep:
    I can understand the year 13 students' getting stressed... but AS students- just no!
    Well I can understand the AS students getting stressed,
    1) Most students will not want to retake while struggling with A2
    2) AS results are used by teachers to determine predicted grades...Universities are influenced by predicted grades...etc

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm an AS-waiting-for-results-person and i'm not "stressed". I'm more concerned over the UMS than grades.

ReputationRep:
    I remember when I did my AS it was only till Sept did I actually realise that they were quite important! :rolleyes:
    UMS marks are important, they are quite easy to pick up at AS than in A2. I reckon if you got 250/300 + you should be in a good position for A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    I remember when I did my AS it was only till Sept did I actually realise that they were quite important! :rolleyes:
    UMS marks are important, they are quite easy to pick up at AS than in A2. I reckon if you got 250/300 + you should be in a good position for A2.
    I kind of worked out what i reckon i got and it came out as 220 for biology and around 250 for the rest. Fingers crossed, hope i'm not being too optimistic!! General studies i have NO IDEA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I kind of worked out what i reckon i got and it came out as 220 for biology and around 250 for the rest. Fingers crossed, hope i'm not being too optimistic!! General studies i have NO IDEA!
    General Studies? I didn't even bother with that! My pen ran out half way through the exam and I couldn't be bothered to put my hand up so I inscribed the rest (large dents in the paper!)
    I can't remember what I got properly - I think it was 270 for Geog, 250 for English Lit, 260 for Law and for Business 230. (which I dropped at A2).

ReputationRep:
    1st exam dream last night. I got given a huge box at home, and in it were my results. I got all A's but i know for a fact the best i can do is AAAAB. i was wondering if the results were real cos they were on the proper exam result slips but were like 6 days early well weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    General Studies? I didn't even bother with that! My pen ran out half way through the exam and I couldn't be bothered to put my hand up so I inscribed the rest (large dents in the paper!)
    I can't remember what I got properly - I think it was 270 for Geog, 250 for English Lit, 260 for Law and for Business 230. (which I dropped at A2).
    A good set of marks there
    In one of my GS exams i wrote "I know this is crap" at the end. I wrote it like a 10 year old, it was such a poor essay. HAh can't wait to see my U for that exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I'm an AS-waiting-for-results-person and i'm not "stressed". I'm more concerned over the UMS than grades.
    Me too. A nice fat 270 would really make my life fun next year. To the person who said AS are used for predicted grades, that isn't the case at most schools- they only change if you exceed them at AS. My predicted grades will be AAAA regardless of how I do on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    In one of my GS exams i wrote "I know this is crap" at the end. I wrote it like a 10 year old, it was such a poor essay. HAh can't wait to see my U for that exam!
    Yeah, I didn't expect it though, but ah well it was a nice surprise :rolleyes:
    You wrote that? Thats hilairious (sp?) I got a C (or was it a D?) in General Studies. I didn't declare it on my UCAS form though...it spoilt it!

ReputationRep:
    Me too. A nice fat 270 would really make my life fun next year. To the person who said AS are used for predicted grades, that isn't the case at most schools- they only change if you exceed them at AS. My predicted grades will be AAAA regardless of how I do on Thursday.
    Well i was predicted AABBB for AS, one of those Bs was for sociology, BUT if i haven't got an A in socio then it will be a bit of shock because i already had an A from coursework and my Jan module and i the exam i did in June was my best one. So i hope my prediction for next year is an A!
    I agree, i would love to get 270+, but it just isn't gonna happen!

ReputationRep:
    General studies was a joke really. The only paper i needed a calculator for i forgot it. I keep forgetting i took the paper anyway. Likely to get a D or similar :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Well i was predicted AABBB for AS, one of those Bs was for sociology, BUT if i haven't got an A in socio then it will be a bit of shock because i already had an A from coursework and my Jan module and i the exam i did in June was my best one. So i hope my prediction for next year is an A!
    I agree, i would love to get 270+, but it just isn't gonna happen!
    Does anyone know how common 270 scores are in Biology and Chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    im crap*ing myself from now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    We should see who can get the lowest score in General Studies. I think I got no more than 20% in any of the ones I took in June! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TS2Master)
    We should see who can get the lowest score in General Studies. I think I got no more than 20% in any of the ones I took in June! :cool:
    I could be a competitor there. I did actually try to write a decent essay but i remembered how much i hate essays whilst writing them so i'm not expecting a good mark.

ReputationRep:
    In my experience it's quite unlikely in Chemistry. The cleverest people in my year (and they are seriously clever) got 241/242 or similar at AS.

Biology on the other hand is quite possible. I got 278 and I don't think I was the highest.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the teacher. Some of the meaner ones feel that because A2 is harder you should have the same grade that you got in AS as your predicted grade. Sometimes even lower

On the whole though I think what you're saying is right.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.