Turn on thread page Beta

Physics P3 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trance addict)
    you might still get the mark for convex lens, not sure though
    haha but converging lens is made my concave not convex although the average human mind thinks of convex when using logic
    That's what happens when you use logic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight)
    It was exact - no rounding
    Yeah I seem to have completely fricked up on that question. Whoops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirie15)
    aww, I put convex lens.

What's a biconvex lens?

That.

Biconvex or Converging lens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erm...)
    Yeah I seem to have completely fricked up on that question. Whoops
    haha same here at first. I got a ridiculous answer which was 0.27689 or something

ReputationRep:
    you can say convex lense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Locke)

That.

Biconvex or Converging lens
    thanks, well I got that wrong. oops.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get 100m/s for the toy?

ReputationRep:
    That's P2

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the reassurance people

tbh i thought this was easier than the jan paper but i guess we people think differently

ReputationRep:
    The proplem with aqa science is that many of the markers are students and only accept whats written on the mark scheme, so if you don't put exactly whats on the mark scheme you are unlikely to be credited. That is why i believe the grade boundaries are so low

If it were real science teachers then they would allow more lee-way with answers

ReputationRep:
    Marking the AQA science papers is like marking english papers at the moment. Also, if the markers didn't get paid such crap money we might have an extra few marks here and there.

ReputationRep:
    this was my LAST EXAM. it was alright. I don't care right now about what grade I might have got, I'm just ecstatic that I've finished my gcses. don't quote that on august 21st though!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by trance addict)
    Marking the AQA science papers is like marking english papers at the moment. Also, if the markers didn't get paid such crap money we might have an extra few marks here and there.
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Now WHAT was that space exploration question about? I think that's proof enough these exams are becoming a bit abstract.

Edit: I mean, I could think up of an answer for it, but the question itself had be reading it again and again to see if my eyes had deceived me.

ReputationRep:
    that question about should we explore space was laughable, not science! They managed to force a fair bit of how science works into it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that was a bad question

ReputationRep:
    For the light capturing device, I thought they were trying to find a cryptic way of saying 'film'. I also completely messed up the crane question by saying that the weights balance it, but then that the perpendicular distance adjusts to change the overall moment acting on the crane so it tips forwards and backwards So, basically, fingers crossed for an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piece_by_piece)
    What do you mean?
    there seems to be no right or wrong answer for the 'how science works' questions yet they are marked according to a mark scheme. I think I may be wrong though since i'm sure I read a mark scheme that said "any sensible answer will do"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoTango)
    I also completely messed up the crane question by saying that the weights balance it, but then that the perpendicular distance adjusts to change the overall moment acting on the crane so it tips forwards and backwards .
    I fricked up that question about the crane I started talking about stability and how it lowered the centre of mass so you messed it up much less than me tbh. I put film too though
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I thought the "why should we explore space" question was a ****ing joke lmao.

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.