Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
tribalium
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by splee)
Had you ever heard of a theory about 'LSE gives offers/rejections on alternating Fridays'? It seems the rule does not apply this year....

Anyway, we could look forward to next Monday (or the coming Friday?) for possible offers.
well yea last year one of my seniors told me about that...
but I guess there are more than 5 ppl got rejected today...simply they are at school or not realised yet...
shinhans31
Report 10 years ago
wow already?
yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Damn - do all the rejects have something in common? i.e. international, low predicted or something?
Details please!

Oh and for those who were rejected, good luck with all your apps, I'm sure you'll get into somewhere great!
shinhans31
Report 10 years ago
hmm can't believe that tbh
that early...?
lili_220
Report 10 years ago
rejection lse.. economics.
jc_bach
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Geography and Economics. Unsuccessful. and believe me the trend of rejections doesnt correlate with your predicted grades!!
yodude888
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jc_bach)
Geography and Economics. Unsuccessful. and believe me the trend of rejections doesnt correlate with your predicted grades!!
What were you predicted? Sorry to hear you won't be at LSE... I'm hoping not not end up in the same boat
jc_bach
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by yodude888)
What were you predicted? Sorry to hear you won't be at LSE... I'm hoping not not end up in the same boat
Lower 40s. Youre applying the same course as well??
yodude888
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jc_bach)
Lower 40s. Youre applying the same course as well??
42-43 prediction, applying for 'Maths and Econ'
dramaminedreams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can't afford to get a rejection from LSE... I already have one from UCL, and my other choices are equally risky.
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Commiserations guys. Look at the bright side, some of you already have offers from other great places and, well theres still 4 other Unis!
Is there possibly a first/last name alphabetical link?

sorry to be asking all these details after you've been unsuccessful (i know how it feels!), but all these decisions from different departments! Theres got to be some sort of correlation. Application Send of date?

(Original post by dramaminedreams)
Can't afford to get a rejection from LSE... I already have one from UCL, and my other choices are equally risky.
Ditto

EDIT:

Guys who get offers/rejections, could you please put it in this format:

Course:
Predicted:
Date of UCAS sent
Date of Offer/Rejection
Offer Details:
Dionis_antic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)

Guys who get offers/rejections, could you please put it in this format:

Course:
Predicted:
Date of UCAS sent
Date of Offer/Rejection
Offer Details:
it is impossible to make any correct correlation with such sample size, think logically.
The correlation does not exits between date of ucas sent and date offer/rejection.
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dionis_antic)
it is impossible to make any correct correlation with such sample size, think logically.
The correlation does not exits between date of ucas sent and date offer/rejection.
This is not for correlation....this is because i am the thread creator and im compiling a list of info for this years applicants. I found last years very useful and im hoping next years (and this years) applicants will find this useful
As for the stuff i said before, i know its very unlikely to find a definitive correlation, its possible that there is SOMETHING linking the applicants.
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dionis_antic)
This is not for correlation....this is because i am the thread creator and im compiling a list of info for this years applicants (See page one of this Forum). I found last years very useful and im hoping next years (and this years) applicants will find this useful
As for the stuff i said before, i know its very unlikely to find a definitive correlation, its possible that there is SOMETHING linking the applicants.
Janos_D
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Economics and Economic History
AS 4A's
A2 pred AAAA Hist Econ Maths F.Maths
Applied October (10th-ish)
Deipnosophist123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry to hear about your rejections people, but cheer up, everyone seems to be complaining about the social life (or lack thereof) at LSE, and I'm sure you'll find an equally good uni to end up at.
xaxass
Report 10 years ago
Rejection for Government and Economics. I have a perfect Bulgarian Diploma, so the reason must be the PS? I sent my application on the 29th Sept. 1 down, 4 to go.
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by xaxass)
Rejection for Government and Economics. I have a perfect Bulgarian Diploma, so the reason must be the PS? I sent my application on the 29th Sept. 1 down, 4 to go.
Unlucky...GL with the others...Where else did you apply?
Jong Il Kim
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wow, it seems the Personal Statemenet plays the most important role here.
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jong Il Kim)
wow, it seems the Personal Statemenet plays the most important role here.
Hehe...Love your Screenname.....^^It looks like it. Otherwise theres not much to go on...everyone has perfect grades!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (102)
19.73%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (211)
40.81%
Nope, not that interesting (204)
39.46%