Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    if you hold them upside down by their legs they ust hang there and dont do anything!
    not if they are ixwoth cockerals!! they are *******s! the most violent birds i swear. They always went for just above and under your kneecaps when you went nea them, and even if you managed to get them hanging upside down and held them at arms length then they still managed to get you!

ReputationRep:
    I saw a BBC animal documentary thing where they kind of hypnotised chickens by laying them down and then drawing a line away from their head with a finger so that the chickens were concentrating on it and they all just went off into this hypnotic like state. I really want to try it sometime!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rupertbear91)
    i HATE chickens
    :chicken: I LOVE Chickens :chicken:

ReputationRep:
    Yep theyre awesome

ReputationRep:
    wee update from the world of the glasgow vets

Our lectures have almost finished, we still have a couple here and there, but nothing much is happening anymore which *should* give us plenty of time to revise.
    People are starting to get seriously stressed out and I seem to have lost all motivation. It doesn't help that i've got a horse to look after at the moment. He came off loan just after easter and I've now got him up in glasgow with me which means a hell of a lot of procastination is going on... I can revise horsey anatomy right?

On the plus side my flat for next year is sorted and its amazing! Absolutely love it and really looking forward to moving out of halls.

Right away to actually attempt some more neuroanatomy revision before i go up and see the pony

Hows everyone else getting on with studying?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much same as you! Stress setting in cos I know exams are looming and theres so much to learn, just cant muster up the motivation! Especially when the weather is so nice

ReputationRep:
    i will of finished 1st year in 3 weeks today, not that my exams have started yet though. major panicing cause im supposed to know stuff i cleary dont and only seem to know stuff that seems pointless. gah.
    Also my last week of exams could be interesting, most other courses finish their exams by the latest the week before except medics who dont finish till june (ahahah) and they have a reduced noise level policy in halls at the moment but its lifted the 22nd may, when i still have a week left and 2 more exams to cram for. and since my room is oposite the kitchen and im not the heaviset of sleepers....

On a brighter note, i came top 10 in the pole vault at BUCS outdoors at the weekend, even though i vaulted rubbish and top 20 in the long jump even though my run up was screwed up, damm the stupid windy weather!
    plus my lambing placements eldest son + some of his rugby team are coming to liverpool after we finish exams! fitties! lol
    o and i went shopiing today when i should of probably been in the libary doing some genetics or welfare or whatever but o well.

ReputationRep:
    We had our last lectures of first year today!!!
    SO thats it, all we've got left now is revision and then exams on the 18th and 20th May. Our exams are later than most as well, a couple of my flatmates have allready finished for the year and there us going to be a huge 'end of halls' party on the 17th may, i might go and sleep in my horse's stable that night.

Can't believe that its practically the end of first year *cries*, Its really flown by. Still a lovely long, possibly wet and cold summer to look forward to.

I'm finally really getting on with studying, but yesterday and today have been the first days I've actually felt like i was doing something. Going to get up at 7 tomorrow and head straight to the library for a couple of hours of biomolec... yuck.

ReputationRep:
    so you made it then? how was your cheese baguette? I'm not saying anything about llamas, snadwiches or E. tee hee!
    anyhoo, as fantastic flo said its all revision now, eep, its gone incredible fast, it doesnt feel like five minutes ago that I was sitting in the lecture theater for the first time, its scary to think that (fingers crossed) we only have to do that four more time (obv harder, but just as fast) and then we get let loose on the real world. with scalples!!!

ReputationRep:
    my day, get up eat, revise, eat, revise, eat, revise, eat, revise, eat, watch friends DVD, heros or apprentice, shower, sleep, get up.....

interspered with, naps, neighbours, walks round the botanics, emergancy food shopping, i.e. chocolate, ice cream, caffeine, phoning my mum.

ReputationRep:
    sounds familiar.
    was revising till 2 last night! erghhhh but was determined to finish all of respiratory physiology and pharmo before i went to bed.

Todays aim: the renal system. physiology, pharmacology, embryology, histology.
    im still on physiology atm, but that is the biggest chunk.....

ReputationRep:
    More exams tomoz! Cardio and Resp modules. Quite interesting modules I think, but exams are never fun. Worth 5-10% of 4th year I think.

ReputationRep:
    i though you were 3rd year?

first exam on monday. renal, respiratory and endocrine systems and a bit of thorax anatomy.

ReputationRep:
    anatomy exam (female reproductive, respiratory, skin and cutaneous organs, sense organs, mammary gland, avian anatomy and lab and companion animal anatomy) yesterday. breeding and diseases of reptiles and terrarial animals exam today. now onto the physiology revision for next week. it never stops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMashMash)
    More exams tomoz! Cardio and Resp modules. Quite interesting modules I think, but exams are never fun. Worth 5-10% of 4th year I think.
    it's worth 6%!!! (5 in-course assessments worth 30% in all)
    Arghhhhhh I think I might give up revising soon and watch the apprentice on iplayer!
    Jenny: We've technically already started 4th year! Our big 4th year exam is at Christmas, and it includes all the stuff we've covered since January, so the exams we have now count towards that.
    (we had our 3rd year exams a bit more than a month ago)
    it's a bit complicated!!
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hel' in Heaven)
    Arghhhhhh I think I might give up revising soon and watch the apprentice on iplayer!
    Jenny: We've technically already started 4th year! Our big 4th year exam is at Christmas, and it includes all the stuff we've covered since January, so the exams we have now count towards that.
    it's a bit complicated!!
    how confusing! lol
    we do all our exams in the correct year lol, well im pretty sure we do.
    jan and may exams in years 1-3 (+disitation (sp) in 3rd year)
    4th year exams in march
    5th year mocks in feb/march? and finals in may/june

i just spent about 15 minutes trying to work out what the hell vc stood for on the renal physiology powerpoint. vasocontriction! i cant believe it took me that long to work it out, stupid me.

ReputationRep:
    it's a bit complicated!!
    Aha! Thanks Helen! I never know these things.

And yes, complicated or what?!

At least, after tomorrow, we have no more exams til xmas Be nice to be a little less stressed for a while...

ReputationRep:
    Just had animal husbandry today, think i did well. Im a 'farmer' as my flatmate says so it does come a bit more naturally (havent lived on a farm for 5 years, its a smallholding now!). Just got anatomy written and practical left. 3 days to revise it... we'll see how that goes! All others went okk i think. Revisions stressful but glad im getting through it and none of its seeming a disaster (touchwood!).
    Now am more worried about what im doing in the summer, gotta find a job!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMashMash)

At least, after tomorrow, we have no more exams til xmas Be nice to be a little less stressed for a while...
    umm I think you might have forgotten the exam we have on 26th June? and the two ones next Autumn?!! arghh they never end!!
    (good luck for tomorrow! I've finally given up, completely missed out the last surgery lectures, oh well!!)

ReputationRep:
    (good luck for tomorrow! I've finally given up, completely missed out the last surgery lectures, oh well!!)
    LOL, I dont know...

Good luck too! I am past revising now :|

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 3, 2012

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.