ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicyfruit)
    Thanks, I'll remember to add that in
    Ahhhhhhhhhh I'm scared
    What do you need in this module?

ReputationRep:
    Look back on the thread for my notes. x
    will do that was about page 9-10 wasnt it?

Osteoblasts make bone, osteoclasts breakdown bone when there are new stresses.
    Thank you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Depends what the stituation is... it could be heat for example.
    if you dont get a 100% on this paper i will be disappointed with you :woo:

ps bears elephant giraffe meerkat o_o

ReputationRep:
    What do you need in this module?
    B grade to get a B overall.
    Got ABC in AS, which was 10 marks off an A, then B in Central, hopefully an A/B in unifying plus my cwk, then a B in this one is needed.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what the stituation is... it could be heat for example.
    any other stimuli?

If muscle contraction doesn't come up, I'm gonna be upset

Oh god I'm having flashback of central concepts, but replacing it with this exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciaran)
    will do that was about page 9-10 wasnt it?
    Yeah should, be if you can't find it I'll copy and paste them from my word document I saved

ReputationRep:
    B grade to get a B overall.
    Got ABC in AS, which was 10 marks off an A, then B in Central, hopefully an A/B in unifying plus my cwk, then a B in this one is needed.
    Ah, you should be ok then!

ReputationRep:
    any other stimuli?
    Like I said, it depends on the situation.

If you have a chicken locked in a very very hot room, and the chicken had to peck a switch to turn the heater off, the stimuli would be heat. It depends.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got any ideas on what WONT come up... I'm running out of time now....I hear the eye is unlikely, anything else?

(Original post by sukhy_uppal)
    Has anybody got any ideas on what WONT come up... I'm running out of time now....I hear the eye is unlikely, anything else?
    I think theres a list of what came up in jan 09 a few pages back. Not sure how far as this thread is very active. But look at that, and its most likely to be that.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you should be ok then!
    I hope so, might be a bit close

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, it depends on the situation.

If you have a chicken locked in a very very hot room, and the chicken had to peck a switch to turn the heater off, the stimuli would be heat. It depends.
    ahh ok, so if you left the chicken for ages without giving it food and it had to peck a switch to get food, the stimulus is the starvation, and the reward is the food

ReputationRep:
    I hope so, might be a bit close
    You'll do better if you're relaxed!

ReputationRep:
    ahh ok, so if you left the chicken for ages without giving it food and it had to peck a switch to get food, the stimulus is the starvation, and the reward is the food
    That's just cruel though :p:

ReputationRep:
    In the brain, what neurones are used is it sensory and motor?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain root ganglia?

Is this right: Dorsal Root = impulses from the receptor to the spinal cord.
    Ventrl Root = impulses to the effector.

ReputationRep:
    could anyone go over metabolism by the liver please, i.e. carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism. cheers.. its the only thing i havent done yet
    carbohydrate is to do with how insulin + glucagon affect the liver glycogen
    protein is Deamination- Amino acids-> ammonia and organic acid (the ammonia enters ornithine cycle -> urea and the acid enters krebs cycle)
    transamination is one amino acid -> another
    fat metabolism: lipase hydrolyses lipid-> glycerol + fatty acids (glycerol enters glycolysis part way through as a substrate)
    fatty acid goes to hepatocytes cytoplasm and creates fatty acyl CoA, which enters the mitochondria and -> acetyl CoA that -> krebs cycle or converted to acetoacetate to be transported to other cells

i think thats what u mean?

ReputationRep:
    if anyone is having trouble remembering the order of the two bones in the leg and arm (radius ulna, tibia fibula) i found a small method which may seem gay but it works for me!

just remember T and U come in the alphabet together, and these are the larger of the two bones in the leg and arm respectively.

Naturally youll then remember tibia ulna, then fibula and radius will soon follow!

trust me, you may think knowing two bones won't get you more than two marks, but what about describing how an elbow is lifted? you need to make sure you say the muscles are connected in the correct places (brachialis humerus to radius, bicep scalpula to radius, tricep scalpula to ulna and humerus)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 19, 2009

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.