Current Year 12 Thread Mark I (2012-2013) Watch

This discussion is closed.
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Deziah)
I knew so many people on the bus as well.
Plus, it's even worse when you're on your own and have no one to laugh it off with.
I know that feeling oh so well :hugs:
Choppie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)
Smooth

you get all the girls :ninja:
Oh how I wish! Rather the contrary, though.
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Choppie)
Oh how I wish! Rather the contrary, though.
:console: I'm sure that's not true
g.k.galloway
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
fill in the gaps question for biology (proteins)

Biuret test (tests for proteins)

The chemical works by reacting with the peptide bond, so it always gives a negative result with ............ even though they are proteins.

what's the gap? I was thinking enzymes...not sure though
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Took me two hours to write a French essay, then reread what I was supposed to do and found out that I missed a section of criteria out, so I've just had to rewrite it. :eek:
Progress tests in every subject tomorrow, dreading biology considering my teacher hasn't even taught us anything. -.-
Don't really know what to expect with chemistry either. :eek:
OMG I have those in October, I am really scared about them, some people will have to leave in my school if they fail every one, thank god I take two subjects that you actually revise for (History and English lit.) Good luck with yours but its a bit early to be having progress tests
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I feel ike I should come back to TSR now I've settled down at my new Sixth Form.

Taking Government & Politics, Chemistry, Geography and Modern History

Its going really well! The homework is a killer though!
mynameisntbobk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
:woo: miss goulding you've finally made it with this single https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NKU...e_gdata_player although I do wish that people would realise that she has WAY better songs out/released. To be honest, hipsters are just following us indies and its not cool -no offence to anybody. I've had this song since 2009/2010 and its only getting big now. Especially in America, when I went this summer, EVERYDAY, it played at least 10 times. Not even exaggerating.

Rant over, let's just listen to more Goulding. May I recommend you all listen to her cover of roscoe, don't panic or the cave. Maybe sleepyhead if you're feeling more adventurous

Posted from my [insert name of device to exaggerate my wealth]
Deziah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ndella)
OMG I have those in October, I am really scared about them, some people will have to leave in my school if they fail every one, thank god I take two subjects that you actually revise for (History and English lit.) Good luck with yours but its a bit early to be having progress tests
Had my biology today and it's basically loads of exam questions, and we've only been doing A-levels for two weeks. D;
A lot of people failed it. :eek:
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Made myself a thai green chicken and vegetable curry :yum:
justinawe
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mynameisntbobk)
:woo: miss goulding you've finally made it with this single https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NKU...e_gdata_player although I do wish that people would realise that she has WAY better songs out/released. To be honest, hipsters are just following us indies and its not cool -no offence to anybody. I've had this song since 2009/2010 and its only getting big now. Especially in America, when I went this summer, EVERYDAY, it played at least 10 times. Not even exaggerating.

Rant over, let's just listen to more Goulding. May I recommend you all listen to her cover of roscoe, don't panic or the cave. Maybe sleepyhead if you're feeling more adventurous

I'm pretty sure that song hit its chart peak quite a while back? So she didn't only just "make it". Or an I mistaken?
Ndella
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Had my biology today and it's basically loads of exam questions, and we've only been doing A-levels for two weeks. D;
A lot of people failed it. :eek:
Thats understandable, how did you do?
Deziah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ndella)
Thats understandable, how did you do?
I got 75% which was the highest in the class apparently. :')
A lot of people got about 40-50%.
Ndella
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got 75% which was the highest in the class apparently. :')
A lot of people got about 40-50%.
:congrats:Cool, well done
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by justinawe)
I'm pretty sure that song hit its chart peak quite a while back? So she didn't only just "make it". Or an I mistaken?
In the UK, it never really peaked, whereas in the US it literally was climbing for like 30 weeks then finally made it to number 1, hence why I heard it a lot there. In the UK, I think it only got to 11 or 7 in the charts. I love Ellie Goulding.

mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So guys. What do you think of this mashup. I think it was done perfectly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzuo...e_gdata_player even if you don't particularly like her or her music, you'll love this

Sorry again for the Ellie post. It's got to start sometime

justinawe
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In the UK, it never really peaked, whereas in the US it literally was climbing for like 30 weeks then finally made it to number 1, hence why I heard it a lot there. In the UK, I think it only got to 11 or 7 in the charts. I love Ellie Goulding.

If you're talking about the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, it peaked at #2, not #1. It's at around #7 right now.

Gangnam Style is #11! :woo:
diggy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)
Made myself a thai green chicken and vegetable curry :yum:
I have little to no time for cooking anymore during the half term im going to try my hand at baking cakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by diggy)
I have little to no time for cooking anymore during the half term im going to try my hand at baking cakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm home alone (from Friday just gone to Wednesday) so I have to cook for myself :yep:

:dance:
justanotherindigo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kishihime)
Thank you so much! I think they only give you another chance if you don't completely flop. But yeah pretty much the same.

Can anyone here quickly explain to me what lymph/lymph node/lymph system is?
Your welcome! How did you find it? And yes, I'm actually starting to feel the strain now, they are being very tough on us this year. I hope you did really well though, so that you wouldn't have to do it again
justanotherindigo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So guys. What do you think of this mashup. I think it was done perfectly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzuo...e_gdata_player even if you don't particularly like her or her music, you'll love this

Sorry again for the Ellie post. It's got to start sometime

I love ellie goulding too :love: she's amazing!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?