Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    They are playing with our nerves! It cant tke them so long to decide for 100 applicnts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is going on????? They're not sending us any emails regarding where they are and how much longer they plan to take and when people do phone up to ask, they don't stick to the deadlines they tell us -.- how much longer do they plan to take?!

ReputationRep:
    hey just here to vent my frustration
    King's is my last hope for medicine this year (3 rejections elsewhere). I am now becoming completely fed up with how long this is taking, it's almost mid-April and I still don't know whether I'm going to university next year or not! Just want to know whether to start planning a gap year or not... just hurry up Kings, please...

ReputationRep:
    Could someone call them? I have done so two times already!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Messaged them asking when we'll hear back..but they didn't give away much. They said that they could not tell me the time frame within which we should expect to hear back but just that they thank me for my patience.. :unimpressed:

I withdrew my application. (I feel like that might be what they're waiting for -people who have offers to withdraw..)

I'm not going to go on a rant on anything - but as I've said before, they've been extremely inconsiderate to the handful of us.

I would like to wish everyone waiting the very best and I sincerely hope you get that offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosine)
    Messaged them asking when we'll hear back..but they didn't give away much. They said that they could not tell me the time frame within which we should expect to hear back but just that they thank me for my patience.. :unimpressed:

I withdrew my application. (I feel like that might be what they're waiting for -people who have offers to withdraw..)

I'm not going to go on a rant on anything - but as I've said before, they've been extremely inconsiderate to the handful of us.

I would like to wish everyone waiting the very best and I sincerely hope you get that offer!
    I rang yesterday afternoon and basically got the same message with a little more detail as I pushed hard to get more detail.

It seems those left waiting are there for the "last few places", they have no specific timescales for deciding (if they decide to put out any more offers) except it would be any time between now and the 8th May (on a previous 2 calls I've been told "by Friday" when I rang before).

On that basis my son has decided he is firming his existing offer today so another one drops out of the waiting list.

King's you haven't exactly shown yourself in a good light with this drawn out selection process. They should have put out all remaining offers before the open day next week!

Good luck to those still waiting and only have King's left. Think a few others said they would give up this weekend so this may actually help your chances if King' is your only chance remaining and they do decide to put out a few extra offers before the May deadline.

ReputationRep:
    The waiting is kiling me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Birmingham, insured Nottingham

Adios Kings! (Application withdrawn)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Since we're all like a little kcl family, I think we need to put King's up on the top of the pedestal where it belongs on the forum in the link. Its basically a thread where people can either give or take 5 points from a uni 1 time each day. Let's go over there and give some points to King's…let show some love!!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...65719&page=230

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YOOZERNAYME)
    Hey guys! Since we're all like a little kcl family, I think we need to put King's up on the top of the pedestal where it belongs on the forum in the link. Its basically a thread where people can either give or take 5 points from a uni 1 time each day. Let's go over there and give some points to King's…let show some love!!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...65719&page=230

How about no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myflyisopen)
    How about no?
    How about, leave. Surely everyone here wants to support Kings...

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    :popout:Came back after a long time to see whats new in the thread. Shocked to see that people are still waiting!!:zomg:
    Good luck to everyone waiting!

How about, leave. Surely everyone here wants to support Kings...
      Not really. We'll be GKT students, not Kings.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Δεφιαντ1)
      So will I, but don't they all fall under King's College London? Like the medics and dentists go to Guys, St Thomas' and Denmark Hill, but it is still KCL.

ReputationRep:
      ... Definitely KCL..

ReputationRep:
      Just firmed KCL! It's finally done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So will I, but don't they all fall under King's College London? Like the medics and dentists go to Guys, St Thomas' and Denmark Hill, but it is still KCL.
        Haha that's not what I meant! Technically you're right, but once you start you'll realise medics hate being called King's students (Strandies) and always say they go to GKT. The Kings/GKT rivalry is one of the unique things about KCL

ReputationRep:
        Haha that's not what I meant! Technically you're right, but once you start you'll realise medics hate being called King's students (Strandies) and always say they go to GKT. The Kings/GKT rivalry is one of the unique things about KCL
        I can understand what you're saying but every single dental or medic student I have spoken to refers to them selves as a King's student and call the ones at the Strand the Strandies. Anyway, I guess we will see when we officially go there!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Aspiring Medic 7)
        Just firmed KCL! It's finally done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Same when do we get a conformation email?

ReputationRep:
        I think what they are doing is waiting for people to make their decisions about university choices. When people reject King's and firm their other unis, another place will be available at King's. This could take up to May 8th.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.