Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    What a stupid statement.

He brought us to the final in 2006. My guess is you were too busy watching Tracy Beaker to even remember.
    Wtf.

Wenger won't ever get you to the SF again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid statement.

He brought us to the final in 2006. My guess is you were too busy watching Tracy Beaker to even remember.
    lol the wums leave and we end up firin shots at each other

ReputationRep:
    Oh Lawrd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Wtf.

Wenger won't ever get you to the SF again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We'll be chilling in the last 4 of the CL next season whilst you're spending your Tuesday/Wednesday nights reminiscing about Ferguson and strumming yourself to videos of 1999.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    lol the wums leave and we end up firin shots at each other
    Looool that's how it is man, you're so used to conflict you can't live without it :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    We'll be chilling in the last 4 of the CL next season whilst you're spending your Tuesday/Wednesday nights reminiscing about Ferguson and strumming yourself to videos of 1999.
    :rofl: that's bull and you know it man. You may not even get past the qualification (play-off) stage....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid statement.

You're funny, you should be a comedian :

No, he didn't have to be tactical when we had that calibre of players, which we no longer have. Tactics have never been Arsene's strong point and I don't even know why you are disputing this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    :rofl: that's bull and you know it man. You may not even get past the qualification (play-off) stage....

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we dont draw the best team in the round of 16 then I think we can do it.

If we dont get past the qualification stage I shall moonpig you an apology letter.

ReputationRep:
    Ffs pls today is supposed to be a happy day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, because teams from Turkey are much of a threat..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Ffs pls today is supposed to be a happy day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And it is, but the point remains that if we were to win the CL, it won't be with Wenger in charge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Nah it's just funny lol, Brendan has been talking all about Man City's resources. But Liverpool have spent loads as well, your defence is even more expensive than Man City's :lol:.
    If you take wages into account, Man City's spending increases by over £200 million a year, Liverpools wages is around £130 million a year (even less than Arsenals which is around £160 million a year :P) But yh, Liverpool spent stupid amounts of money on stupid players, atleast Man City did it right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The most difficult team we could face is Bilbao. Don't see it.

ReputationRep:
    We all felt like this didn't we : http://youtu.be/C4STBUAPnbo

ReputationRep:
    eh? United fans? hmmm....your revenue dropped, Cardiff made more TV money than you, and need to spend big to remain a top four team.

Oh, and you're not the best team in your city, and the true biggest club in the world will win the CL next week. lulz..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    And it is, but the point remains that if we were to win the CL, it won't be with Wenger in charge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I cant wait for that beautiful man to prove you wrong.

Arsenal to win the CL next season, Wenger to out with the mother of all bangs.

ReputationRep:

No, he didn't have to be tactical when we had that calibre of players, which we no longer have. Tactics have never been Arsene's strong point and I don't even know why you are disputing this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let me get this straight: the team beat Real Madrid, Juventus and Villarreal to reach the final irrespective of Wenger's tactics and knowledge of the game? Bear in mind we only lost the final because the King of Kings killed it with two assists.....

Are we supposed to believe that the starting XI in each CL game, during the '05-'06 campaign, were able to play without Wenger's guidance?

You must be having a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    If you take wages into account, Man City's spending increases by over £200 million a year, Liverpools wages is around £130 million a year (even less than Arsenals which is around £160 million a year :P) But yh, Liverpool spent stupid amounts of money on stupid players, atleast Man City did it right.
    Don't forget that those figures are for last season, I reckon given the bumper deal you gave Suarez and Reina's loan, yours probably stayed the same. Ours has probably declined given that we got rid of a lot of our deadwoods. Whilst Citys' is probably through the roof.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Utter, utter nonsense.

Getting to the final in 2006 took unbelievably clever tactical nous from Wenger. Our back 4 was Eboue Senderos Toure and Flamini for **** sake and we didn't concede for 995 minutes. Took a tactical masterclass against Juve and Vieira to do them 2-0 in the last 16. We'd have won that final too if we hadn't got the early red we were easily the better team even with 10 men.

Seriously, that run was the most tactically astute that he has ever been.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The players didn't manage themselves. I don't know how you can claim Wenger didn't have to be tactical to win trophies with our old teams when he's the one who revolutionised Arsenal's whole style of football.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.