Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VedikaA)
    There are two offer days. It's not based on when you got your offer, but on your course. http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad...oldersDay.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah cool cheers boss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewbacca)
    yep! are you taking either of your parent as a guest?
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    We're flying over for offers day on the 15th and I'm the parent.
    If my dad is well enough, he will come with me. Last year for the Open Day they let my Mum come as well so she could be his helper/carer while I was having a look around. They might let them do that again this time.

Not suggesting anything wild - just maybe meet for a coffee or lunch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewbacca)
    yep! are you taking either of your parent as a guest?
    I reserved am extra space just in case but I think I'll go on my own

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from lse for mathematics and economics. (Predicted the equivalent of A*A*A*) Freakin' sad. I know that My opinion is a bit biased but I think their admission system is terrible. How can they judge only on the statement? We can ask a private counsellor to write it for thousands of dollars so what's the point. If they had a better system they would interview us, or give an admission test like institutions such as Oxbridge and imperial college. I will hopefully be over it soon... Leaning towards imperial college for mathematics with finance though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samu16)
    Rejected from lse for mathematics and economics. (Predicted the equivalent of A*A*A*) Freakin' sad. I know that My opinion is a bit biased but I think their admission system is terrible. How can they judge only on the statement? We can ask a private counsellor to write it for thousands of dollars so what's the point. If they had a better system they would interview us, or give an admission test like institutions such as Oxbridge and imperial college. I will hopefully be over it soon... Leaning towards imperial college for mathematics with finance though
    You've got a good offer from Imperial. So sad for you. My son felt like that after being rejected by Oxford. Interview system isn't always good. If a tutor doesn't feel he bonds with you at interview, no matter how good you are,you are unlikely to get a place.

ReputationRep:
    Did they say why they rejected you?

We all knew the admissions criteria when we applied and while I am not a big fan of them using the PS as the deciding factor between similarly academic applicants, it is the only method they have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)

We all knew the admissions criteria when we applied and while I am not a big fan of them using the PS as the deciding factor between similarly academic applicants, it is the only method they have.
    Ps has to show a real passion for your chosen subject and stellar grades. It's a difficult one.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand about the stellar grades as that's the same rule
    for everyone
    But this PS thing is way above me
    How can one show passion for a subject they have just started
    studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AQUF42)
    I can understand about the stellar grades as that's the same rule
    for everyone
    But this PS thing is way above me
    How can one show passion for a subject they have just started
    studying?
    Apparently they know straight away when they look at a Ps, who is going to be interesting to teach. Beats me!! I would think a lot of exceptional students get turned away from Oxbridge and LSE. Are you going to offers day with your son?

ReputationRep:

They said it was because of my statement.
    This is why I say that they should interview applicants

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone can interview their applicants. Oxbridge spend a lot of money to organise their interviews, and they can afford to do so due to their endowments.

Sorry for the decision though :/ I know it feels unfair, and in all honestly it's a bit like lottery with LSE!

ReputationRep:
    What would you have said if they did do interviews but then rejected you after the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Actuarial Science yesss. Now I just have to decide between LSE and Cass...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SIndar)
    Got an offer for Actuarial Science yesss. Now I just have to decide between LSE and Cass...
    LSE has the prestige and the door opening potential but I have read that the course is supposed to be better at Cass. One thing that helped me choose to apply to LSE was the fact that the first year is the same for BMS, AS and AS & F but you could change at the start of the second year if you hit the required standards.

ReputationRep:
    Cholesta
    i will not be going on the offer day with my son
    The young man is now on his own. We have done
    our duty It is now upto him to capitalise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AQUF42)
    Cholesta
    i will not be going on the offer day with my son
    The young man is now on his own. We have done
    our duty It is now upto him to capitalise
    Ok, I am going to have a look round and catch up with friends. 😃

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer for Social Policy last Friday I'm an international student from Canada.

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed my LSE offer and insured Bath even though it is a higher offer.

Felt a little sad rejecting UCL, Bristol and Cardiff but it needed to be done. London here I come.

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed my LSE offer and insured Bath even though it is a higher offer.

Felt a little sad rejecting UCL, Bristol and Cardiff but it needed to be done. London here I come.
    Thinking of doing the exact same soon, although my Bath offer is lower What subject is this for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Thinking of doing the exact same soon, although my Bath offer is lower What subject is this for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Business Maths & Statistics. LSE offer AAA, Bath offer A*AA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.