Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Nottingham forest have won the champions league twice, are they a bugger club than Chelsea?

Give Sanchez time in prem before judging him hazard hardly set the prem alight in his first season and you're saying Sanchez is overrated after 2 games
    I've given him time after watching him at Barca. He's incredibly frustrating to watch. Messes up his final pass more often than not. He's a very inconsistent finisher, scores a couple wondergoals and gets away with his average finishing.

Can't cross, struggles with a final ball. He does have good technique but see him turning into Gervinho personally. Unless you play counter attacking football like Dortmund and not slow possession football like you generally do you will not get the best out of Sanchez.

Also Hazard did well in his first season and was 4 years younger than Sanchez when he first joined Chelsea, completely different situations.

ReputationRep:
    I would have personally liked to give Rabiot a chance to develop in the team. Arteta should be on his way out soon but so will Flamini. Even if we signed Khedira, by the time Khedira would be on his way out then Rabiot will most likely be entering his (early) peak years too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Better in the PL era, not better or bigger overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Liverpool, is that you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    You know, there's talks of Chambers being developed into a CDM. If so, he's more likely to be holding (seems that way anyway), in which case we don't need a young CDM if we get Khadira. Khadira is 27 and should hold his spot alongside Ramsey for 4/5 years so it will give Chambers enough time to develop into a holding CDM (cup games, injuries and such).

So essentially, if we get Khadira all we need is a CB
    dont mind this, but what I dont want to see is chambers end up like jones for united, not really being settled in any position because he is played in to many..

If he is going to be CDM, then great, but in that case more CB cover is needed, etc.

Personally though given how good he has looked (for a 19 year old) I would prefer to see him kept in defense, and seen as a longer term replacement for mert.. and buy another player for CDM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I would have personally liked to give Rabiot a chance to develop in the team. Arteta should be on his way out soon but so will Flamini. Even if we signed Khedira, by the time Khedira would be on his way out then Rabiot will most likely be entering his (early) peak years too.
    Not for £24m though. PSG are high, just the other week he was on the way out for £6m and now @DiMarzio is saying they want silly money for a child.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    I've given him time after watching him at Barca. He's incredibly frustrating to watch. Messes up his final pass more often than not. He's a very inconsistent finisher, scores a couple wondergoals and gets away with his average finishing.

Can't cross, struggles with a final ball. He does have good technique but see him turning into Gervinho personally. Unless you play counter attacking football like Dortmund and not slow possession football like you generally do you will not get the best out of Sanchez.

Also Hazard did well in his first season and was 4 years younger than Sanchez when he first joined Chelsea, completely different situations.
    All I'm saying I'd give him time, hazard was decent but not amazing in any way. Also has about 80mil of striking talent to aim for upfront Sanchez and ozil only have giroud to aim at.

Also you didn't reply to my comment about the Chelsea thread, why aren't you on there rather than on the arsenal thread?

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool, is that you?
    Surely not, you cannot argue against this. I even remember you saying when you won the CL that we are still bigger. For what it's worth, Bucharest have a European Cup and that doesn't make them bigger than us.

It goes United/Liverpool (personally I cannot separate the two) then Arsenal, Chelsea. Villa (historically one of the major players of English football) Everton/Spurs. New money teams like yourself and City prior to investment were nowhere near you are now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    If Khedira ends up going to Bayern, I'll just hang my head in shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    If Khedira ends up going to Bayern, I'll just hang my head in shame.
    Would make sense given they have a bunch of midfield injuries now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Exactly. That's the point what toms saying is absolute ****. By his logic Chelsea are a small club because they let a "superstar" sign for a rival club. That obviously isn't the case...
    Sanchez isn't a superstar

ReputationRep:
    You guys do realise that all of these wonderful rumours that have blossomed out of no where are more likely to be bull****.

Sky sports page says "Wenger keen to strengthen" and booooooom! Daily mail, independent, guardian, daily mirror, caught offside etc etc all get a boner and start posting articles such as "Arsenal's interest in Khadira is reignited, and sources in Jamaca say that Cavani is travelling to london for Arsenal medical" :/

Wenger is probably concentrating on the Saturday game and will really become active in the transfer widow in the final week (when we've secured champions league)

Also, Wenger was never even interested in Balo or Khadira, it's just been media speculation really

ReputationRep:
    Reports that Liverpool signed Balotelli for £16m.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Surely not, you cannot despite this. I even remember you saying when you won the CL that we are still bigger. For what it's worth Bucharest have a European Cup and that doesn't make them bigger than us.

It goes United/Liverpool (personally I cannot separate the two) then Arsenal, Chelsea. Villa (historically one of the major players of English football) Everton/Spurs. New money teams like yourself and City prior to investment were nowhere near you are now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did I say that Chelsea were a bigger club than Arsenal? I said we have more CL trophies than Arsenal. Did not say at any point that we are a bigger club than Arsenal. When people stop putting words into my mouth I can have a decent conversation.

And fwiw I agree with the second paragraph but Everton are a bigger and better club than Spurs. Would be above Villa if Villa didn't have a european cup to their name.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by llys)
    Reports that Liverpool signed Balotelli for £16m.
    Afternoon, just woke up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Afternoon, just woke up?
    Yeah, just saw they've been discussing this for hours on the Liverpool thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Sanchez isn't a superstar
    You're not allowed to say that. You have to give him time man despite having watched him for Barca and for Chile.

Also lol at making Sanchez main no.9 without a partner, without the finishing ability, or the passing ability of a false 9, or the hold up play of a 9. It's as if SHOO is playing FIFA.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by llys)
    Yeah, just saw they've been discussing this for hours on the Liverpool thread.
    Haha, I figured. News broke since about 9am

How do you feel about the transfer?

ReputationRep:
    You're not allowed to say that. You have to give him time man despite having watched him for Barca and for Chile.

Also lol at making Sanchez main no.9 without a partner, without the finishing ability, or the passing ability of a false 9, or the hold up play of a 9. It's as if SHOO is playing FIFA.
    Let's be honest though if he'd signed for Chelsea we wouldn't be able to hear you your head would be so far up his arse...

ReputationRep:

I knew you'll disagree. It's something that we'll see with time.. Personally - I see it working. But we'll see

No way should Wenger settle for Giroud up front and if we don't buy a striker I assume (and hope) it's because Sanchez is given an opportunity to play there.

Having said that, Walcott can play centrally & Sanchez can remain in the wing too actually.. But I doubt that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I've been a lurker. Don't know why everyone is out to get me tbh, this is a witch hunt and cyber bullying. I am the victim here.
    Its what happens on these threads, they're all narcisstic characters.

(Original post by 56isback)
    It's like that pyscho ex, the one who dumps you but when you try to move on she'll sabotage every single date you have :laugh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    not that you would remotely know anything about ex's or girls in general

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl:

Destroyed him.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.