Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Israel/Palestine Conflict Mk. IV Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sic semper erat)
    haha, we're in this situation now because muslims lost 1967 and don't seem to learn their lesson
    If you imagine having no knowledge of the crisis, it gets funnier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merrill)
    No, it started 1000 years ago (ish).

And no, Russia would not wipe the UK from the map.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Largest nuclear stockpile in the world, repeat that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahbaz)
    Largest nuclear stockpile in the world, repeat that.
    Doesn't matter. You can have 1 billion nuclear missiles in your arsenal and it would still count for nothing.

Britain could kill every single Russian with just 160 missiles, less even. Probably only need about 40 - 50.

Then you have France and the USA. Plus the missile shield (forgot what its called) thats based on a few US frigates.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    Israel are innocent in all of this. Hamas has been planning for years to destroy Israel, they have made it clear with their propaganda and more recently the tunnel networks. Almost every nation in the world including the EU and UN has declared Hamas a terrorist organisation. The people of Palestine voted these monsters into power so must face the consequences of their actions
    Okay, as a terrorist organisation, why didn't Hamas make a plan to attack the USA for example?? Why did it chose to attack Israel? Did you ask yourself if there is a reason which made Hamas pick Israel?

ReputationRep:
    I think a major part of the problem is that western people feel responsible in some way for Israel's actions.

After all, Israel was brought into existence by Britain.

Of course Israel has the right to defend itself, but then again so does Gaza.

The problem is extremists on both sides. I must admit that a few of my Israeli friends have very very extreme views. To be honest, they have views that would cause me to reconsider them as friends. I don't have any Palestinian friends, so I can't make a comparison.

Overall in my opinion, Israel is of course winning the battle at the minute, but it's starting to loose the war. The country should consider the long-term sentiment against it that is now emerging across the west, especially in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    Oh please. Israel hasn't "face[d] immediate punishment" is not because of HAMAS. It's because they hold an ace over the Americans who effectively control the UN through funding.

Hell, they withdrew funding of UNESCO because it recognized Palestine.
    No matter what hold they have if they attacked Palestine without any military force coming from the other side, the international outrage would be overwhelming. The 70 so on this thread who support Israel for example would support Palestine including me. The fact that Palestine does house a terrorist organisation and is a threat is why we oppose it.

Lets say Hamas did not exist, the tunnel network was never built, the 3 teens not executed, no rockets fired and no hate propaganda spread throughout the region, and Israel attacked as they are now there is no doubt they would face international sanctions or military intervention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic_Legends)
    Since you support the state of Israel, I just want your opinion on how you feel about Millions of Palestinians being denied their basic freedom of health care. Since, after all it is being denied by Israel
    What exactly are they being denied? They have health care in Gaza. And when the facilities in Gaza are not good enough they are often treated inside Israel.

ReputationRep:
    Loool
    I'm sorry, I don't converse in slang or what seems to be gibberish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    For those who don't want to look at life expectancy, let's look at infant mortality rate. According to the Palestinian Authority in 2010 it was 22.4. (source: http://www.pcbs.gov.ps/Portals/_Rain...in%20ind_e.htm). The CIA Factbook puts it at 16 in 2013. You can compare both figures to other countries here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mortality_rate
    And who do you think is recording these results in the middle of a god damn seige/war.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter. You can have 1 billion nuclear missiles in your arsenal and it would still count for nothing.

Britain could kill every single Russian with just 160 missiles, less even. Probably only need about 40 - 50.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    But still we wouldn't have a chance without our allies.

ReputationRep:
    How can the death of people be funny in any context.
    Because I said no knowledge, in reference to reading yours and Sic semper erat's comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarRevisionist)
    How can you compare Hamas firing a few rockets that rarely hit or kill anyone to Russia? Not to mention the West have largely been aggressors towards Russia 1st by hijacking nearby Ukraine and putting in anti-Russian leaders then NATO and western powers threatening of military action. Oh I forgot about the crippling sanctions similar to what they've imposed on innocent Iran.
    Both have had trade restricted, both are undergoing difficulties both oppose the west from what it has done to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    It appears the motive of both sides is genocide. However i feel Israel as a legitimate state will go less likely on "Palestinians" as it already has offered the two state agreement twice and has been rejected for war.

If Israel lost the 1967 war against Egypt, Syria, Jordan. We would of 100% seen a another Jewish holocaust.

Muslims are not well known for their tolerance of non muslims :rolleyes:

ahem.
    neither are jews from what we have seen and continue to see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sic semper erat)
    I'm in Israel now, I can visit the Golan Heights or the West Bank and laugh at islamonazi loss of land with my own eyes, haha
    Tbh, Arabs in Israel have the highest quality of life of any Arab in the near vicinity.

ReputationRep:
    But still we wouldn't have a chance without our allies.
    We would, as I said, we have enough missiles to kill every single Russian. We dont need thousands of missiles, when there is only about 70 Russian cities.

We could hit them with dirty bombs too, before they even know what is happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    What exactly are they being denied? They have health care in Gaza. And when the facilities in Gaza are not good enough they are often treated inside Israel.
    Israel didn't allow Turkish ships to send medical aid to Gaza.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    I'm sorry, I don't converse in slang or what seems to be gibberish.
    So you think I am a Sunni Muslim, who happens to be a Kurd that lives in Northern Iran and at the same time is pro Zionist. I thought any sane person could tell I was feeding that troll who came on here to tell us to "die in gas chambers"..."resurgence of hitler" all that rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    No matter what hold they have if they attacked Palestine without any military force coming from the other side, the international outrage would be overwhelming. The 70 so on this thread who support Israel for example would support Palestine including me. The fact that Palestine does house a terrorist organisation and is a threat is why we oppose it.

Lets say Hamas did not exist, the tunnel network was never built, the 3 teens not executed, no rockets fired and no hate propaganda spread throughout the region, and Israel attacked as they are now there is no doubt they would face international sanctions or military intervention.
    You only consider them terrorists because they're Muslim. Admit it.

How come a group that are trying to protect themselves called terrorists? Yet those in Ukraine doing the same are referred to as 'rebels'

ReputationRep:
    We would, as I said, we have enough missiles to kill every single Russian. We dont need thousands of missiles, when there is only about 70 Russian cities.

We could hit them with dirty bombs too, before they even know what is happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You forget missle defence and how large Russia is they can spread out.

ReputationRep:
    What if it "housed an organisation" which simply did not recognise Israel?

a) HAMAS only exists because the people want it to exist.

b) There are also extensive tunnels under Rafah. I have not heard of one incident in which the tunnels were used prior to this Operation. If you have, perhaps you'd like to point me towards such a source. It's ironic that the objectives that the Israeli's would like to crush end up hitting them harder. Want to stop rocket attacks? Invade. What happens? More frigging rocket attacks.

c) The 3 teens were not executed on the instructions of HAMAS.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.