Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have any of your teachers had mini breakdowns yet? My Geography one was first to fall victim.

I'm expecting them all to be throwing chairs around the room before half term.

Such fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helfus)
    Have any of your teachers had mini breakdowns yet? My Geography one was first to fall victim.

Such fun.
    A French teacher at my school yelled at everyone then broke down crying. It was her recently deceased stepdad's birthday that week, she was ill and the head of department was off. Stress + grief = not good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igcse101)
    Yeah same we finished everything just before mocks, and now every lesson is just revision and timed exam questions etc.. And I've already got two of my gcses in the bag, so so happy about that! Only 9 more subjects now aha!
    I don't think we will be finishing any course off lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried that we won't finish the syllabuses for any of the Sciences, especially since they're pretty much my worst subjects

ReputationRep:

Such fun.
    Same, my geography teacher is our Head of Year so....ya not good
    Pressure + 3 classes full of stupid students = sky-high blood pressure :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    I'm worried that we won't finish the syllabuses for any of the Sciences, especially since they're pretty much my worst subjects
    Same here. I'm going to start looking from the end of my revision guide backwards so at least I'll have seen it before...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe look through the syllabus for the parts you haven't studied and read up on them in the textbook so you're prepared? That way, when your teacher gets round to them but has to rush through it, you'll understand the concepts quicker - win-win situation for both of you.

Hope you do finish tho.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad

Such fun.
    No, but has anyone in your classes had a mini breakdown yet? (students?)

I'm ashamed to say that i've had two in the past week and I'm still trying to get back on my feet for Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    No, but has anyone in your classes had a mini breakdown yet? (students?)

I'm ashamed to say that i've had two in the past week and I'm still trying to get back on my feet for Monday.
    We had a few for the mocks so I can see them happening soon.

If you don't me asking - why did you have the mini breakdowns?

ReputationRep:

Such fun.
    Nothing yet, I'm sure there will be once the teachers have marked our mocks. They are currently doing this thing of hinting how they went because they're not allowed to tell us... I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Same here. I'm going to start looking from the end of my revision guide backwards so at least I'll have seen it before...
    That's a good idea Which exam board are you on for Science? I'm doing Cambridge IGCSE and unfortunately there are no CGP revision guides for this exam board I do have a CIE revision guide for Biology though and it seems okay but for some reason it's all in black and white (no colour at all!) and just looking at it bores me to death, most likely due to me being a visual learner.

(Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Maybe look through the syllabus for the parts you haven't studied and read up on them in the textbook so you're prepared? That way, when your teacher gets round to them but has to rush through it, you'll understand the concepts quicker - win-win situation for both of you.

Hope you do finish tho.
    Thanks for the advice I've mainly been going over the topics we did in Year 10 but I'll look at the ones we haven't done yet too.

ReputationRep:
    That's a good idea Which exam board are you on for Science? I'm doing Cambridge IGCSE and unfortunately there are no CGP revision guides for this exam board I do have a CIE revision guide for Biology though and it seems okay but for some reason it's all in black and white (no colour at all!) and just looking at it bores me to death, most likely due to me being a visual learner.
    I'm on Edexcel, so there's a CGP guide for me. I'm also a visual learner, I'd hate to have a black and white textbook! I love CGP mainly because of that, but also because I like the jokes :holmes: Hope you find a happy textbook soon and I hope we both get through our courses!

ReputationRep:
    Ah lucky! Haha yeah I quite like the jokes in CGP books too Thanks, I hope we both get through out courses too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumb cabbage)
    Hey, I'm with Cambridge but I have speaking and listening as well. I'm speaking about the death penalty as its pretty much an open topic you can say anything about it. What did you speak about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey mate, I spoke about Germany in the years 1919-1923 and 1938-1945. Including post-WWI and pre-WWII and WWII... Screwed it up lol, can't wait to redo it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sushifish)
    Hey mate, I spoke about Germany in the years 1919-1923 and 1938-1945. Including post-WWI and pre-WWII and WWII... Screwed it up lol, can't wait to redo it...
    Awh haha, how did you screw up if you don't mind me asking? You're allowed to redo it? :O I need some advice for it, I just wrote mine up it seems quite good I think it's like four minutes when I timed I just need to learn it now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielBaranowski)
    :rolleyes:
    what is your first exam ?!
    My first exam is r.e and my last exam is also another r.e paper haha what about you? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    Most definitely - coursework is 60% of your final grade. The listening is only 20%.

Hey dude I'm back after my French Coursework is done! Could you tell me what my numbers are looking like now, I've just finished my French Writing that I had to do.

Writing 1 = 28/30
    Writing 2 = 30/30
    Speaking 1 = 27/30
    Speaking 2 = 38/30

What UMS am I on now and what would I need in the exams for an A* overall? if you don't want to go through the trouble of calculating it all, could you please link me to a UMS converter? Thanks (AQA GCSE French btw)

ReputationRep:

Such fun.
    Majority of our class failed our Business GCSE and now we're sitting the harder June exam
    Needless to say our teacher is now melting and lost it the other day

ReputationRep:

Such fun.
    my teachers are stressed and well i had a breakdown nobody understood what my predicted grades meant so id get accepted into sixth form and when i asked why i was barely predicted a b when i got 88%in the business mock and got a 5 second explanation i cried...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j-pritchett)
    Majority of our class failed our Business GCSE and now we're sitting the harder June exam
    Needless to say our teacher is now melting and lost it the other day

Snap for business! My business teacher and thinks we are going to fail business and is stressing out so much but it's fair enough as our last year work in year 10 was wrong and went to waste! (I did so much as well) so we are now expected to do two years in one year! I did the business exam in February and it was on finance it went all right and I find out what i got at the end of March, what's your exam about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.