Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwi111)
    Seems like half the people found it pretty easy and the other half found it pretty nasty? I didn't think it was too bad It's a synoptic paper so they're perfectly entitled to include a range of questions testing AS knowledge and data handling and stuff. I reckon 70 A*? For the second part of the first question though, I put DNA Replication and Cell Division? Not sure about the second one though as it seems a little vague, but then cytokinesis seems a little too specific? xD
    All this time I thought OCR wanted us to be specific but you telling me otherwise I just dont know what to do anymore lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwi111)
    Seems like half the people found it pretty easy and the other half found it pretty nasty? I didn't think it was too bad It's a synoptic paper so they're perfectly entitled to include a range of questions testing AS knowledge and data handling and stuff. I reckon 70 A*? For the second part of the first question though, I put DNA Replication and Cell Division? Not sure about the second one though as it seems a little vague, but then cytokinesis seems a little too specific? xD
    I put cytokinesis and then questioned myself cause it didn't look like the right word.. so I crossed it out and put cell division. That might have been a silly move :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouAgain)
    I put rejected lol .-. what did u put.
    I rejected it too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilenthia)
    That's what I said but is it enough for two marks?
    i think one for the contraction bit, but i literally couldn't think of anything else. i haven't looked at as since last may so i was impressed with that. or maybe you get one for smooth muscle and one for saying it contracts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDog14)
    how well does everyone think they have done ?
    Not well enough, it was fine but I think I've made a lot of stupid mistakes

ReputationRep:
    am i the only one started talking about with a decreased diameter in bronchioles cause deformation of smooth muscles and elastic fibres. etc and for the next partthe pressure gradient from alveoli and outside decreases due to decreased diameter , hence rate of gaseous exchange decreased, less CO2 is expelled out.

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone say about the thrombus affecting the brain cells?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioAgent)
    I acc dont get why that bit was in the f215 PAPER! like wth how do we relate it to f215?????/I just talked about lack of nutrients and oxygen

ReputationRep:
    worst day ever
    got fined on the bus then needed the toilet real baad during the exam so i left early
    u for sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janetconner)
    am i the only one started talking about with a decreased diameter in bronchioles cause deformation of smooth muscles and elastic fibres. etc and for the next partthe pressure gradient from alveoli and outside decreases due to decreased diameter , hence rate of gaseous exchange decreased, less CO2 is expelled out.
    correct lool I put mucus like wtfffffffffffff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    I acc dont get why that bit was in the f215 PAPER! like wth how do we relate it to f215?????/I just talked about lack of nutrients and oxygen
    Yeah I said not enough oxygen and co2 ant be excreted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saladisgreat)
    worst day ever
    got fined on the bus then needed the toilet real baad during the exam so i left early
    u for sure
    LOOL sorry but this mad me laugh. Hopefully low grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    70 a*
    64 a
    58 b

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone made an unofficial mark scheme? If so can where is the link?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I said not enough oxygen and co2 ant be excreted
    what else was there?

ReputationRep:
    nicotine makes platelets in blood sticky hence increases blood clots forming. If such event occurs in an artery supplying blood to the brain, there is reduced blood flow to the brain, they don't have sufficient oxygen to respire hence brain cells die

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley Williams)
    sounds logical
    Do bronchioles recoil?!?

ReputationRep:
    is it not less blood to the brain so less oxygen etc?

ReputationRep:
    I think the exam was better than last year's one. They could have made it much worse
    What did people put for the one about the significance of plants having more than one set of chromosomes to create new species?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em_mahoney)
    Not well enough, it was fine but I think I've made a lot of stupid mistakes
    At least you didn't answer the behavior question with just learned and innate and not the specific behaviors..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.