• Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    To be fair, the MEU, though I am loathe to discuss it here, is a victim of its own inaction - it's excuse after excuse as to why debate can't start over there. I don't get how no hidden subforums and no Constitution prevents people from debating about the EU, i.e. members put forward motions for debate, adam puts one out each evening, and people then debate said motion while forming the Constitution to allow the equivalent of Bills etc. I've often suggested it, as I believe have others, so I can only conclude that there is little appetite to actually get the project off the ground. I do, however, think that if the project isn't up and running by the end of the summer, CT should put it out of its misery, close the MEU down, lock the MUN and mothball it as an archive of that subforum.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by toronto353)
    To be fair, the MEU, though I am loathe to discuss it here, is a victim of its own inaction - it's excuse after excuse as to why debate can't start over there. I don't get how no hidden subforums and no Constitution prevents people from debating about the EU, i.e. members put forward motions for debate, adam puts one out each evening, and people then debate said motion while forming the Constitution to allow the equivalent of Bills etc. I've often suggested it, as I believe have others, so I can only conclude that there is little appetite to actually get the project off the ground. I do, however, think that if the project isn't up and running by the end of the summer, CT should put it out of its misery, close the MEU down, lock the MUN and mothball it as an archive of that subforum.
    The MEU is a project that has potential - I just don't believe it has been handled that well.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    The MEU is a project that has potential - I just don't believe it has been handled that well.
    It has, but how long are we going to keep kicking the can down the road before we accept that the length of time that has gone past means that it's now toast? If it's got potential, why don't you and others step forward to lead it?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Lime-man Looks like I Lolled too soon. I assume you're watching the play-off final?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    In relation to the MEU, it's now a year since the MUN decided to become the MEU.
    It's also, from what I can tell 6 months since Adam took over and was ment to kick start it.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Aph)
    In relation to the MEU, it's now a year since the MUN decided to become the MEU.
    It's also, from what I can tell 6 months since Adam took over and was ment to kick start it.
    I honestly think that we give it until the end of the summer and if it's still not up and running, ask CT to close the forum and archive the MUN. It's ridiculous that it's taken so long and that there is excuse after excuse as to why it can't start when a method of getting it up and running has been suggested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Lime-man Looks like I Lolled too soon. I assume you're watching the play-off final?
    2-1 atm but its anyone's game. Were playing quite well just a few too many silly errors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Saracens win the double, England beat Wales at Twickenham and Connacht come out of nowhere to win the Pro12. A good weekend in the rugby.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Nice to see Isgrove scoring the final goal for Barnsley. Poor guy deserves more consistent football than we're giving him by just loaning him out.

(Original post by Lime-man)
    2-1 atm but its anyone's game. Were playing quite well just a few too many silly errors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Nice to see Isgrove scoring the final goal for Barnsley. Poor guy deserves more consistent football than we're giving him by just loaning him out.

Unlucky.
    **** you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Half a second.

That's how long it took to ruin the new Top Gear.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Half a second.

I can't stand Chris Evans.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Half a second.

I decided to turn Top Gear off because Chirs Evans is worse than I thought he would be, he is trying to emulate what Jeremy Clarkson did. The introductions in the opening credits were similar, the words used to describe the cars were similar, and at one point I thought he was purposely trying to make a dig at Jeremy Clarkson by doing a bad impression of Jeremy Clarkson.

ReputationRep:
    So... in conclusion, Top Gear goes from crap with no redeeming features to abominable crap with no redeeming features?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I never really got into Top Gear but now I feel like I have to watch to see if it's as bad as you're saying it is.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    So TGI Top Gear was a bit disappointing. Chris Evans is a first-class broadcaster and can do so much better than read Clarkson's script.

I would take Evans off the challenges altogether and have him just do the studio presentation and the celebrity guests, ideally live because that is his forte and he is more genuine when he does things like his breakfast show.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    So TGI Top Gear was a bit disappointing. Chris Evans is a first-class broadcaster and can do so much better than read Clarkson's script.

I would take Evans off the challenges altogether and have him just do the studio presentation and the celebrity guests, ideally live because that is his forte and he is more genuine when he does things like his breakfast show.
    Matt wasn't too bad. He did his own thing which was needed. They shouldn't have continued Top Gear , they should have done a whole new thing, as IMO those bits worked.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Evans needs to stop trying to be Clarkson and restyalise the presentation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)

Thank you for advising me that I missed nothing of note.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.