Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I'd appreciate if Notts would breach it and tell me NOW.
    I also agree with this
    Come on Notts, do your thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    I found them very good, I think ive definitely got my A, hoping for an a*. dont worry about silly mistakes, everyone makes them and you shouldnt worry too much about those the electrode potential was kinda tricky I gotta admit but I think I got it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's good It's a bit reassuring that I'm seeing predictions that the grade boundaries for F325 are lower than last year's, so hopefully that's the case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    If it was from UCAS and says something like 'now your place is confirmed' and carries on to tell her about bank accounts PQ's already said that isn't a proper confirmation.
    Apparently it was her uni saying congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    i need to stop being so superficial but this afternoon i actually sat down and told myself that even if i did make it into my firm, i'd take a gap year solely to grow out my hair because it is so awful
    Clearly in need of a gap year, people who are mature enough to go to uni do not care so much about their hair and what effect will it have on other people.

Nobody gives a crap about your hair. Chill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I'm actually really stressed about results, and I'm genuinely afraid of what may happen if I don't get the results I need. To some, it may just seem like I'm chasing prestige but it goes so much beyond that, I can't even begin to explain it.

I'm really, really scared. You know how people get high blood pressure when they're stressed? I'm so panicky that I've got low blood pressure (I've learnt how to check from my nursing trainee sister).

The next few days are gonna be pretty tough, and goodness knows what will happen when I see the grade boundaries.

I hate that this sounds overly emotional and desperate but this is truly how I feel about results day.
    I feel the same. I'm only getting AS results though - but I'm desperate to know where I stand for the next year! Will I be able to carry on and do my final A levels? Will I have to resit the whole year? Or, will I have to leave and start afresh at college? A part of me doesn't mind if it's any of those outcomes. As at the end of the tunnel is a light but, I would prefer the first outcome. It's crazy how a few letters on a piece of paper can determine your fate.

Whatever happens, GOOD LUCK. There is always light at the end of a tunnel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wise gone from thinking they had aaa to now thinking if they even got ccc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If it was from UCAS and says something like 'now your place is confirmed' and carries on to tell her about bank accounts PQ's already said that isn't a proper confirmation.
    They are talking about emails direct from the unis - this is 2 I have seen on here today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    They are talking about emails direct from the unis - this is 2 I have seen on here today
    Where? I've read this thread through from when I last posted last night and I haven't seen anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    I just looked on your profile and you did the same subjects with the same exam boards as I did, I kinda felt obliged to follow you :lol: Only difference is I carried on OCR psychology (I know, what was I thinking :rofl:). How are you feeling about your exams in general?
    Well that is awesome that we took the same exams! Haha actually, I wanted to do psychology but my 6th form scrapped it so I took physics instead. Realise physics ain't for me so I dropped it. Anyway, I don't really think I did my best this year, I kinda revise everything quite late. Biology was okay I guess, I tried everything I can. Chemistry was okay too, I knew I should have revised more on redox equations but that's okay. Maths was not so great. I have to take C1, C2, M1, S1, C3 & C4. That is because my 6th form changed the exam board :s Of course C1 & C2 was a nice exam to take again. M1 & C3 was quiet hard. C4, my last exam, went horribly wrong. At least S1 was cool. About you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    Clearly in need of a gap year, people who are mature enough to go to uni do not care so much about their hair and what effect will it have on other people.

Nobody gives a crap about your hair. Chill.
    why does no one on this website understand sarcasm ever

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually really stressed about results, and I'm genuinely afraid of what may happen if I don't get the results I need. To some, it may just seem like I'm chasing prestige but it goes so much beyond that, I can't even begin to explain it.

I'm really, really scared. You know how people get high blood pressure when they're stressed? I'm so panicky that I've got low blood pressure (I've learnt how to check from my nursing trainee sister).

The next few days are gonna be pretty tough, and goodness knows what will happen when I see the grade boundaries.

I hate that this sounds overly emotional and desperate but this is truly how I feel about results day.
    I feel exactly the same, though I always have LBP
    I think the best thing we can do is try to distract ourselves. I've been doing some art and playing video games, could you try something similar?

ReputationRep:
    Trust me I've read it myself and its directly from the uni saying congratulations your place is now confirmed and information about an induction day and some ID card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effie14)
    Hey everyone! I hope everyone isn't as nervous as me for results day
    A slight conundrum: I'm predicted ABB, and my firm offered my far lower than that (though I don't for the life of me know why), yet I'm still bricking it. I'm very lucky to have such a nice offer, but I can't help but feel like I still won't get into my firm. I'm so worried that I've been getting about 2 hours of sleep per day, and only falling asleep at about 8-10am every morning. I don't know what to do with myself! How do you guys calm yourselves down in the lead up to results day?
    I'm in a similar situation tbh (probably getting a tad more sleep tho since I barely got any during the exam season oops) but I wake up at random hours in the night just like "m8 u failed"...just find something you enjoy doing to keep yourself occupied. Being constantly 'busy' is probably not the best thing to do ever but it's a good distractor for the next 3/4 days (going by your avatar you're a FE fan, right?...see how long it takes you to complete a Lunatic/Classic setup..I find that I get too fixated on doing the game that I forget about actual real world things)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retardis)
    Trust me I've read it myself and its directly from the uni saying congratulations your place is now confirmed and information about an induction day and some ID card.
    Wow, well congrats to her I guess :') What uni is it for?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, well congrats to her I guess :' What uni is it for?
    She just couldn't go to a uni that I didn't need auto correct to spell it for me; Gloucestershire, nothing too famous our prestigious.

ReputationRep:
    Where? I've read this thread through from when I last posted last night and I haven't seen anything
    Someone above posted that their friend had an email from Gloucestershire and there was a thread earlier (which seems to have disappeared) where someone else had a similar email from another uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Why? I recall you stating your grades don't matter
    That is dependent upon university. For the UK, it does matter.

ReputationRep:

is there any particular reason why you think you missed your offer? did you count up your marks using an unofficial mark scheme for every module, estimate accurate (or high-ish to be on the safe side) grade boundaries and find that you may be missing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    My friend found one of the maths papers so disgustingly difficult that he gave up and started revising for another subject during the exam./

Oh my god no I never would have done that...no matter how awful it was. I couldn't even imagine revising for something else mid-exam.

I just remember CHEM4 being pretty bad for me compared to my usual performance and it was the paper I needed to do well in for an A overall in chem and I was already upset/lacking sleep then the abomination of a maths paper was like "im here but where's ur uni place" and I spent 50% of the paper crying.

On the bright side, one of the questions I thought I'd mucked up I might get all but 2 marks on it if my examiner could read the maths through the tears.

Why am I so pathetic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    That is dependent upon university. For the UK, it does matter.
    Sound, good luck to yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.