Turn on thread page Beta

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    lol..is that what she said?

ReputationRep:
    awesome final of university challenge. tense finish. congrats to CCC, Ox. Commiserations to Man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Uni Challenge? Apparantly someone on the Oxford side pretty much owns the show :rolleyes: That true?
    :sadnod:

they practically just clawed back the victory for them..
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    We had an Oxford talk today. It seems amazing, but only for the right kind of person, if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    That's the impression that a lot of people got from the way she's been acting ever since she got the nom.

(Original post by natty_d)
    :sadnod:

they practically just clawed back the victory for them..
    Was that the final? Yikes haha.
    I would watch it, but I'd hurt my brain :sad:

(Original post by piece_by_piece)
    We had an Oxford talk today. It seems amazing, but only for the right kind of person, if that makes sense?
    Makes an awful lot of sense :rolleyes:
    I take it, Oxford must be like Marmite? You'll either love it or hate it?

ReputationRep:

Yeah for a genius

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd be able to take it. Conflicting zones of interest. Plus, I'm not made of money, and I don't socalize with what's considered to be the "right," sort of people, so I think it'd be torture.

ReputationRep:
    Id hate to go, theyre too far upthemselves (IMO!) they want so much from people

pffft I'm staying up north thanks!

For the record, I agree with race and the such :yep: (Except for the up North bit :ninja: )
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Malsi101)
    Yeah for a genius
    No, I didn't mean it like that. Even if you are a genius they still might not take you. If you're a genius with no passion for your subject then what's the point in applying because you probably won't get accepted?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Makes an awful lot of sense :rolleyes:
    I take it, Oxford must be like Marmite? You'll either love it or hate it?
    Yeah, definitely.
    I think I'd love it for arts courses such as English Literature, but the science is a bit too full on for me thank you :tongue: The tutorial thing sounds immensely useful though. I don't know if other unis have tutorials or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsi101)
    Yeah for a genius
    you hardly have to be a genius to go to oxford. plenty of people on this thread could get into oxbridge it would seem.

ReputationRep:
    hiii

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by led-zep-amh-121191)
    Kate "Oh, my God! Give me an Oscar for **** sake! I'm getting sick and tired of waiting!" Winslet has gone WAY, WAY, WAY down in my estimations. I used to think she was cool, and that the Oscars don't mean a thing to her. Guess not...
    Poor Kate, damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

And not caring about the Oscars doesn't make you cool......

ReputationRep:
    No, I didn't mean it like that. Even if you are a genius they still might not take you. If you're a genius with no passion for your subject then what's the point in applying because you probably won't get accepted?

Agree exactly

ReputationRep:
    hello all.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to go to Cambridge and not Oxford, and since my mum won't let out of London guess thats a no for me..

But I can see that plenty of people on here have really good grades, and A PASSION for what they do, so whose stopping them from getting a place? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    :clap2:

so true piece...

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.