Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Ahh. Let me tell you, don't stress! I was in a BAD place in January... Honestly, I was so broken and depressed, but I came through and passed the damn exams! Just adopt an attitude of positivity, that yes exams suck, but you'll suck it up and do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm feeling depressed right know...no joke
    yeah i guess somehow if i just turn my mood into a good mood then i probz can pull it through
    Well sone for passing your exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    Yeah it was AQA - what did you get?
    I don't even think that having to sit them at the end of the year is that bad, history is easy - and for AQA they don't as the current year 11s here they are doing their first one in May.

If you check my coursework list I have added more. I forgot some.
    It's ridiculous.
    I know it is really ridiculous
    But hopefully the reward at the end will be successful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armani786)
    I know it is really ridiculous
    But hopefully the reward at the end will be successful
    hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    I'll pretend i didn't read that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :P Please don't tell me you're an examiner :O :O :O

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was AQA - what did you get?
    I don't even think that having to sit them at the end of the year is that bad, history is easy - and for AQA they don't as the current year 11s here they are doing their first one in May.
    I got 71/80... A*
    I can help if you'd like but I got my exam script back yesterday and it's so funny and embarrassing! Lol
    Ahh but they need to know everything for British society, cold war and Germany/WW11 which overlap and blah, they deserve it. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armani786)
    I'm feeling depressed right know...no joke
    yeah i guess somehow if i just turn my mood into a good mood then i probz can pull it through
    Well sone for passing your exams!
    Ahh... You can talk to me on messages if you're feeling really down. Honestly when you hear my story you'll feel much more confident.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    :P Please don't tell me you're an examiner :O :O :O
    My Dad is. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    I got 71/80... A*
    I can help if you'd like but I got my exam script back yesterday and it's so funny and embarrassing! Lol
    Ahh but they need to know everything for British society, cold war and Germany/WW11 which overlap and blah, they deserve it. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The exam I did was out of 120 O.O

You get your exam scripts back?!?!

Like I said the year 10 in my school aren't doing it all in year 11 - their first exam is in a month.
    It's not overlapping at all really - they stop where each starts - history isn't hard. You need to know a few facts and need to be able to critically think. Not hard at GCSE>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    My Dad is. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOOL is he really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    omg this! I have to stay at school for another 3 weeks because of the stats exam! At least I have 2 weeks straight for stats revision lol
    I know stupid isn't it ..... could put it on the 26th may or something :'(
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

I have had English Language
    Chemistry 1a b 2 3 (plus 2 and 3 resits)
    Biology 1 2
    Physics 1 2
    Chemistry ISA (plus resit)
    Biology ISA + ISA Exam 2 (plus resit of ISA)
    Physics ISA + ISA Exam 2 (plus resit of ISA)
    History B 1
    Geography 1 + resit, 2 and 3
    IT 1

Actually that's 26....
    You english people and your resists, jeez it's like they want EVERYONE to pass - wether it takes 2 or 23 tries. You guys have it easy. We get one prelim in October ( which don't count for at all) and the final exams in April-June - no retakes whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    The exam I did was out of 120 O.O

You get your exam scripts back?!?!

Like I said the year 10 in my school aren't doing it all in year 11 - their first exam is in a month.
    It's not overlapping at all really - they stop where each starts - history isn't hard. You need to know a few facts and need to be able to critically think. Not hard at GCSE>

Haha must have been a different exam. :/
    Haha yup... Everyone got it back for English.

Haha I agree, GCsE history is one of the easiest! Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366228385.849729.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  10.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    You english people and your resists, jeez it's like they want EVERYONE to pass - wether it takes 2 or 23 tries. You guys have it easy. We get one prelim in October ( which don't count for at all) and the final exams in April-June - no retakes whatsoever.
    The current government are scrapping re-sits though. I've done no re-sits at all, not everyone does it. I think people deserve chances however, at GCSE level anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)

Haha I agree, GCsE history is one of the easiest! Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366228385.849729.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whats with the holes

ReputationRep:
    got my second chemistry ISA score today ..improved from 42 to 44

any UMS predications on that ? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    The current government are scrapping re-sits though. I've done no re-sits at all, not everyone does it. I think people deserve chances however, at GCSE level anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and A-levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Dude it's not about the passing which pissed everyone off, they upped the grade boundary by 15 for everything on a hard paper - a lot of teachers saying it was the hardest paper in a long time too. The boundaries was upped because of external pressure to do so. I still got a high B but if the boundary hadn't moved I would have had a high A if not an A*. To actually do the resit though I have had to effectively redo the entire course - because the GCSE was done, so no I didn't get a resit - I resat the course. It was unfair as it made an A* unattainable for people who should have got one - 2 people out of 300 people got one at my school - 40 people got one the year before.

Before you criticise us I want to see your June 2012 GCSE English Language A*.

Our school offers 1 resit for some subjects - most you don't get to do. The only reason I get to do science ones and English ones is because we do language a year in advance, we do ISAs very early and there are 3 papers you can do each year. And the geography one allows 1 resit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    got my second chemistry ISA score today ..improved from 42 to 44

any UMS predications on that ? :/
    Hmmm still an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EduWiz)
    Whats with the holes
    Hahaha! I was covering my full name, centre ID and candidate number. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We never get any back - just scores.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.