Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james0527)
    Got my offer for BSc Economics L101 and got my CIE (international exam board) grades last friday and I missed my offer by 3% UMS Im so devastated I dont know what to do Im going to send it for a remark but apparently theres a low chance of grades going up from a B to an A so yeah my other option is going to UNiversity of Manchester... its a big gap from LSE to Manchester
    When did you get your offer and why can't you retake your exam?

ReputationRep:
    1000th POST :^_^::star::star:

ReputationRep:
    How long do you have to wait before having a mail ? I sent my app on 13th of January but haven't heard from them yet. Does it mean I'm not a strong candidate ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okjoy)
    How long do you have to wait before having a mail ? I sent my app on 13th of January but haven't heard from them yet. Does it mean I'm not a strong candidate ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It usually takes around two weeks but since quite a few people sent their app in the same time as you it could take them slightly longer to reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alright, thank you ! I guess I'm a bit impatient
    But with what I've just read on the number of EU students, I don't believe I will make it, but I don't know, there's always a little chance, maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who has gone past their 4 week deadline not heard after a further week, or are their people waiting more than a week after their 4 week deadline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gerald131)
    Has anyone who has gone past their 4 week deadline not heard after a further week, or are their people waiting more than a week after their 4 week deadline?
    Still waiting, been 2 weeks this Friday, after the 4 week deadline passed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Been invited to the uni on 4th of March to sit the UG admissions test \o/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StretfordEnd)
    for what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pranatirao)
    for what course?
    BSc Government.

ReputationRep:
    Me too. Should be interesting. Applied to Social Policy as a mature student.

ReputationRep:

I thought they only ask foreign candidates studying unfamiliar curricula to sit the tests
    You aren't an IBDP candidate are you ?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=comebackasfire7;46146482](Original post by StretfordEnd)

I thought they only ask foreign candidates studying unfamiliar curricula to sit the tests

It doesn't appear so since I'm a UK student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theplanmancan)
    When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okjoy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Easy, skippy. I applied on the 23rd of November and apart from the Christmas e mail, have gotten nothing (granted, that seems to be a bit abnormal). So cozy up, grab some hot tea, and get comfortable waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    when did you receive this invitation and what course/academic qualifications did you list on your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marhju)
    Cool, I'm EU too yeah at least their website says that's the number for 2012, with over 500 applicants :s
    I'm an EU applicant too

ReputationRep:

are you studying an access course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perks25)
    when did you receive this invitation and what course/academic qualifications did you list on your application?
    I sent off my application in early November and my 7 week email expired two weeks ago. Received the test invitation around 10 this morning. Took my A-Levels back in 2009, achieving AAAB in Geography, History, Geology and Maths. Extended Project Qualification in Sustainable Development. GCSEs 8A*, 3A, 1B at a state school. Attended Edinburgh University for a year on a scholarship but left due to problems with my health. Have worked in Parliament and interned at various environmental charities and non-profit organisations. Currently on a paid internship at a Fleet Street news agency.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

Hope everyone gets what they deservee but i was wondering does anyone know of someone who applied for Bsc social policy and economics?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.