Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    Thank you thats incredibly helpful! Ive answered all of them.
    Glad to have helped.

(Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    I've long given up all hope of not crying in appointments i guess I'm just scared that they'll think I'm making it all up or something. i might ask my counsellor to give me a hand deciding whats most important? i dunno
    :five: High five for crying in appointments. They definitely won't think that though, and speaking to your counsellor about it sounds like a great idea. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    :wavey: i had the MH assessment if that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :wavey: any advice? its not for a month yet, but still

ReputationRep:
    dunno if im gonna be able to sleep tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    :console: This a regular problem? If so, have you looked into sleep hygiene stuff? It's all tips to help prepare you for sleep and train yourself to associate bed only with sleep (and sex ) so it's easier to fall asleep at night.

ReputationRep:
    :wavey: any advice? its not for a month yet, but still
    Dont be scared, write stuff down if you feel you need to. Its pretty much a longer gp appointment where they find out what your illness/symptoms/things you have and ask you what youd quite like from them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well what a ****ing hideous illness this is. destroys all hope and sucks the colour out of absolutely everything. self destruction seems to be my thing. im drowning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :five: High five for crying in appointments. They definitely won't think that though, and speaking to your counsellor about it sounds like a great idea. :yy:
    the woman who organised my counselling for me has a chair she's nicknamed the crying chair because apparently everybody who sits in it starts to cry within like 10 mins of the appointments beginning :teehee:

(Original post by PandaWho)
    Dont be scared, write stuff down if you feel you need to. Its pretty much a longer gp appointment where they find out what your illness/symptoms/things you have and ask you what youd quite like from them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ok, cool i wrote everything down for my first gp appointment, but since then I've had a bit of practice talking about myself so i think i'll try and say it out loud this time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    :hugs: hope you manage some, I know how awful lack of sleep can be!

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    well what a ****ing hideous illness this is. destroys all hope and sucks the colour out of absolutely everything. self destruction seems to be my thing. im drowning
    :console: hope you are gonna be okay, you can get through things though okay, hopefully things will get better soon for you! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    im a vile human

ReputationRep:
    the woman who organised my counselling for me has a chair she's nicknamed the crying chair because apparently everybody who sits in it starts to cry within like 10 mins of the appointments beginning :teehee:

ok, cool i wrote everything down for my first gp appointment, but since then I've had a bit of practice talking about myself so i think i'll try and say it out loud this time
    I cried so much at my counselling appointment on Tuesday :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    :hugs: hope you manage some, I know how awful lack of sleep can be!

:console: hope you are gonna be okay, you can get through things though okay, hopefully things will get better soon for you! :hugs:
    thanks for the support. I dunno if I will be ok tbh. each day I feel like things get harder to cope with and im too tired
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    im a vile human
    You're a lovely human!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the support. I dunno if I will be ok tbh. each day I feel like things get harder to cope with and im too tired
    :hugs: really hope things get easier for you, you don't deserve any of this at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I cried so much at my counselling appointment on Tuesday :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sometimes i feel like crying is a major part of the therapy for me
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bluergh, feel so sick :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Trying to knit a hat, it currently looks like a wonky snake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    Yay snake hat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had a panic attack over missing the last bus after college and ending waiting around for an hour and panicking because it was 10pm at night. Lesson finished at 9pm bloody bus service. Really hated myself for it and ended up quite literally slapping my head hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    You could always make it into a snake and stick it on top of a hat? Or down the sides like the ones with dangly bits, whatever they're called

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im a vile human
    No you're not :nah: You are absolutely completely lovely :jumphug:
    I'm sorry this evenings been bad :hugs:

(Original post by furryface12)
    Bluergh, feel so sick :unimpressed:
    :hugs:

----------------------------------------

Will reply to people tomorrow, just wanted to post to say that I've had, in the end, quite a good day
    Decided to go to well-being drop-in, and the lady there was super friendly and helpful and was just so so nice to be able to talk to someone about it/stuff Feels sort of selfish just talking about yourself, but oh well
    Thought up some things to do for now/just talked through a lot of random things - like me spending ages and ages on deciding (and still deciding) on what lego keyring to purchase
    But yeah, was good Decided with her that I should try out swimming over the next few weeks, then decide whether to try the pass - and also realised that I'm best with decisions if I just decide/make it quick - so am going to go tomorrow morning and give it a go! Also bought some stuff in tesco's to make regular packed lunches/to make that more regular/routine - because I think I just need a whole lot more routine, maybe. (Even if they always fall apart )

Also had a good evening talking to some people, and watching doctor who tomorrow in cinema and unpacked (vaguely) the last box. Can't remember if that's all or not, but yeah
    oh and also got email back from property person - they're replacing our fridge and oven with some old (but newer) ones! :woo:

Sorry for the ramble (oh and also found some cheap ikea stuff I want :teeth: will get tomorrow too)

Hope everyone's okay :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.