Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    LOl better not then haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it's a shame though since now I have 2 subjects I don't need so I could have saved around £400 if I didn't have to take them (we pay for our A level exams here)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aersh8)
    Yeah it's a shame though since now I have 2 subjects I don't need so I could have saved around £400 if I didn't have to take them (we pay for our A level exams here)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations on your offer! Did you just receive an email or did the post bring in the letter?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    woooooooooooo you got in! :highfive:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fantastic123)
    Congratulations on your offer! Did you just receive an email or did the post bring in the letter?
    Thanks! I received the letter this morning and an email 2 minutes ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowVeins)
    woooooooooooo you got in! :highfive:
    Yeah!!! I'm so happy
    I'm totally bringing you the tea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippoposthumous)
    Yeah York always was, I was just reconsidering now (thinking I want more going on at uni) but I'll most probably end up there.

Sorry to make you regret it! I'm sure your other places are awesome too!

Does anyone know whether you can reapply to Cambridge whilst at another university? It'd be crappy for the university if you leave it after the first year, too, right?
    Nice
    I think I would have still insured durham (because castle omg) but i would've at least liked to visit! ah well
    You can't apply from another university, no. And yeah, that would be crappy :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I received the letter this morning and an email 2 minutes ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also go my offer letter from St.Johns yesterday by post. But I did not get an email. May I ask you what the email tells?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe--)
    Aww no what are your other choices? I'm sure you'll be great anywhere, just make sure Cambridge realise it's their loss in the long run!
    Are you an international?
    Thanks Maybe my lack of professional vocabulary, or maybe I don't think the way they expect...I'll have to wait till February to get the feedback...

Yes, I'm Polish and I'm taking my national final exams- neither A levels nor IB.

And you? Did you get an offer? For what course? And are you international too?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!!! I'm so happy
    I'm totally bringing you the tea

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mussi)
    I also go my offer letter from St.Johns yesterday by post. But I did not get an email. May I ask you what the email tells?
    Congratulations!! What course?
    The email is literally just a scan of the letter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still no letter, starting to doubt they sent one aha

ReputationRep:
    Got emailed by Robinson since the letter seems to have got lost in the mail. Got rejected after being pooled, since English is so competitive. Pretty gutted, but eh, we move on.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can email the college and any universities that have made an offer and ask them if you can drop it on these grounds. They can say no but they won't necessarily say so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!! What course?
    The email is literally just a scan of the letter

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cngratulations to you. You had to wait even longer than me and must be so relieved and happy. I applied for AMES (Asian and Middle Eastern studies).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charles98)
    Does anyone know if St. John's minds people requesting an email? I'm from Australia, so the letter won't reach me for at least a week, maybe more, and to make matters worse, I'm not even at home…
    Hi I am in exactly the same situation as you. I am also Australian (VIC) and I am currently away oversea and I have just received my offer via email! Maybe we shall meet in Johns in October Go Aussies!

(Original post by ianna.andreea)
    It's been great. You know, wether you take it good or bad, there won't be anything you can do about the decision. So if it is a rejection, try handle it for your own health, I think in terms of health is the only way I can put it. I know that wanting something so much hurts physically, not just mentally. So try reduce the pain if it is the case. But until you get a decision, I keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Thank you so much! I just received my con but you really did help me prepare physically and emotionally for the rejection... Either way I think education is not where you learn but what you get out of it, so i am ready to dedicate myself in arch any where I go. Really appreciated your words and best wishes
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Colmans)
    You can email the college and any universities that have made an offer and ask them if you can drop it on these grounds. They can say no but they won't necessarily say so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably worth doing for £800...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Probably worth doing for £800...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's £400 altogether my brother asked my parents about it the other day and they were really against it for some reason even though we are on a tight budget atm... I guess they enjoy being the parents of kids doing 6 A levels :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abigai11)
    Still no letter, starting to doubt they sent one aha
    Same for me,no letter still -but got email, pooled and in the pool of death like so many others now.....how did the 2nd interview go/when do they tell you ? Doubly rooting for you now as don't want you back in the pool for open offer with better BMAT than me !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baloney26)
    Thank you! and I was pooled to fitz (emma original college) and bit natsci
    What day did you have your interview at Emma?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friar Tuck2)
    Same for me,no letter still -but got email, pooled and in the pool of death like so many others now.....how did the 2nd interview go/when do they tell you ? Doubly rooting for you now as don't want you back in the pool for open offer with better BMAT than me !!!
    Okay I think, though one was more like a pharmacology interview aha, no idea I've heard by Friday, by 19, by22, by 31 soon who knows

Aha thanks I think though don't think it works like that I think if its a rejection that's it for me

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.