Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like Top Gear sucks now. Never liked Evans and if he threw a hissy fit because the audience didn't laugh, well, good.

Who's gonna watch Grand Tour though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Sounds like Top Gear sucks now. Never liked Evans and if he threw a hissy fit because the audience didn't laugh, well, good.

Who's gonna watch Grand Tour though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It does.

I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    To be fair, the MEU, though I am loathe to discuss it here, is a victim of its own inaction - it's excuse after excuse as to why debate can't start over there. I don't get how no hidden subforums and no Constitution prevents people from debating about the EU, i.e. members put forward motions for debate, adam puts one out each evening, and people then debate said motion while forming the Constitution to allow the equivalent of Bills etc. I've often suggested it, as I believe have others, so I can only conclude that there is little appetite to actually get the project off the ground. I do, however, think that if the project isn't up and running by the end of the summer, CT should put it out of its misery, close the MEU down, lock the MUN and mothball it as an archive of that subforum.
    You've made the mistake of assuming more than a finger or two of members here have actual initiative. Look at how everybody raves about Ad Hoc and in the end we had to make Birch editor again.

If people want a MEU or paper ect.. then they should start it themselves instead of pissing around.

ReputationRep:
    Evans trying to sound super excited and make Clarkson style jokes was just awful.

At least Joey and Sabine were good.

ReputationRep:
    Good morning. Off to Kee Gardens today, by train not in some petrolhead's overpriced car.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't see the point of the MEU, I don't think you're ever going to get more than a handful of people interested in it...
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    You've made the mistake of assuming more than a finger or two of members here have actual initiative. Look at how everybody raves about Ad Hoc and in the end we had to make Birch editor again.

If people want a MEU or paper ect.. then they should start it themselves instead of pissing around.
    To be honest, I've long suspected that people are happy to talk about the possibility of an MEU, but want little to do with actually forming it, preferring to come up with excuses as to why they can't possibly helps. That's why I think we should set a deadline and it's something I'll be approaching CT about in the coming days because it's ridiculous that it's still not been set up - a route has already been offered, i.e. just start debates, but no-one seems interested/ willing to take that step.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    I honestly don't see the point of the MEU, I don't think you're ever going to get more than a handful of people interested in it...
    It is essentially another version of the MHOC in the end. I knew it was never going to get started, I was livid that another member of this house sent me a PM about it when I hadn't even shown any interest. That person will never know how close I came to reporting them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by meenu89)
    It is essentially another version of the MHOC in the end. I knew it was never going to get started, I was livid that another member of this house sent me a PM about it when I hadn't even shown any interest. That person will never know how close I came to reporting them.
    I want to know who that member is, unsolicited messages is the craze at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Livid? Oh come on, there's nothing wrong with sending someone a PM to gauge their interest, it's fairly easy for you to ignore if it's not your thing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What are your views on the sugar tax?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    What are your views on the sugar tax?
    absolutely not!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    absolutely not!
    You don't approve of it?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I've long suspected that people are happy to talk about the possibility of an MEU, but want little to do with actually forming it, preferring to come up with excuses as to why they can't possibly helps. That's why I think we should set a deadline and it's something I'll be approaching CT about in the coming days because it's ridiculous that it's still not been set up - a route has already been offered, i.e. just start debates, but no-one seems interested/ willing to take that step.
    I would like to inform you that I've started to share similar views; I don't think the interest is there- I have tendered my resignation to QC regarding the MEU. Hopefully someone with more energy can take it over, alternatively; IMO the only other option is to close it down!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You don't approve of it?
    why would any rightminded person approve?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    why would any rightminded person approve?
    Are you not a fan of George Osborne then?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by adam9317)
    I would like to inform you that I've started to share similar views; I don't think the interest is there- I have tendered my resignation to QC regarding the MEU. Hopefully someone with more energy can take it over, alternatively; IMO the only other option is to close it down!
    To be fair, I think it's admirable that you've tried for so long and I hope that you remain a mod as well because you've done well as a mod. I just think that closing it down is the best option now; it's a shame, but we need to be realistic.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Are you not a fan of George Osborne then?
    Not particularly, but I'm not sure what the relevance is.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I think it's admirable that you've tried for so long and I hope that you remain a mod as well because you've done well as a mod. I just think that closing it down is the best option now; it's a shame, but we need to be realistic.
    Yes, I am continuing in Uk Politics, and may also be lending a hand in another D+CA area, but realistically the MEU will take a lot of effort to get going; and IMO it will be mainly MHOCers who will use the MEU

ReputationRep:
    I think the sugar tax should not be a measure in isolation which it seems to be. It would be just as easy to tax certain foods with high sugar, especially chocolate. A law allowing restricted opening of fast food outlets or no serving to unaccompanied children could be as effective.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.