Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wjcd2016)
    is this for summer or grad? do you know if anyone else has heard back from them post telephone interview?
    Summer. No I don't know of anybody, but I guess they will aim to respond within the next week or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gman888)
    Im talking about the face to face one, not telephone,

2 november is th first day they start.. At least thats what it said in the email i got lol.

Are you prepared for it?
    I'm talking about F2F as well, i did my telephone interview two weeks ago.
    I don't know if I'm ready, it seems like it's going to be exceptionally technical from what i've heard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _jawed_)
    Any Access to HE students applying to uni?
    Wrong thread, go to uni applicants 2017 thread instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisefire)
    Is it unlikely for me to get through to an interview with an investment bank and succeed in some applications for IB jobs with an Access to Higher Education Diploma as my Level 3 qualification, even if with it I have gone on to a good degree at a good university such as Management at Manchester, Business Management at Durham or Information Management for Business at UCL? I'm pretty worried investment banking is closed off for me no matter how much I make the most of my Access course now and from life once I get to hopefully a good university, because I am doing what's probably in reality an inferior pre-degree qualification, an Access course and not A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please, please stop asking the same questions that have been answered to you several times before. Focus on getting to uni atm, and not on any of your OTT hypothetical analyses that you tend to do.

I'm not trying to be mean, but honestly you need to just chill.

Cross the application bridge when it comes, for now stop stressing about an outcome you haven't fully set on the path for yet - and you know yourself that the overthinking/analysing is what is holding you back in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nomura Markets AC coming up. Any advise on structure what to prepare etc?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niasem)
    Nomura Markets AC coming up. Any advise on structure what to prepare etc?

thanks
    How was your telephone interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George_Harris19)
    How was your telephone interview?
    very relaxed conversation with an associate and a trader. general competency based questions, brainteasers, and some general markets questions

ReputationRep:
    Invited to do the occupational personality questionnaire for Schroders following the video interview. No where does it mention this being part of the recruitment process but I'll just go with it and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    Any news on JPM AM anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    Any news on JPM AM anyone?
    I haven't heard anything back since doing their numerical test. Heard anything back from Fidelity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boppity Boo)
    I haven't heard anything back since doing their numerical test. Heard anything back from Fidelity?
    does yours say Application Received? nothing from fidelity, just emails saying that 'they havent forgotten about me'

ReputationRep:
    Have jpm and ms gone on holiday or something? I applied to ms like 2 months ago and still havent heard anything!

Anyone heard back from ms for markets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gman888)
    Have jpm and ms gone on holiday or something? I applied to ms like 2 months ago and still havent heard anything!

Anyone heard back from ms for markets?
    Netheir have I but people have got interviews in markets at ms so

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard from Blackrock , Fidelity ?

everything is so slow this year...

It might be uncertainty due to Brexit and they do not know their exact intake or location...

ReputationRep:
    Tips for Lazard first interview / MS IBD second round? Thanks!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done Citi Markets telephone interview? Willing to trade for DB, UBS, MS, M&G.

ReputationRep:
    barclays AC for trading madafakas! also for rbc

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done the HSBC Global Banking and Markets telephone interview? Would appreciate any advice at all, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

What are some examples of competency based questions that get asked in interviews if anyone is willing to share?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polecon)
    Hi,

What are some examples of competency based questions that get asked in interviews if anyone is willing to share?

Thanks
    Describe a time you faced a challenging situation and what you did?

Tell me about a time you used your imitative to improve a process within a team?

Tell me about a time you solved complex problem?

Etc etc you can find loads online

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.