Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    I'm in a similar situation tbh (probably getting a tad more sleep tho since I barely got any during the exam season oops) but I wake up at random hours in the night just like "m8 u failed"...just find something you enjoy doing to keep yourself occupied. Being constantly 'busy' is probably not the best thing to do ever but it's a good distractor for the next 3/4 days (going by your avatar you're a FE fan, right?...see how long it takes you to complete a Lunatic/Classic setup..I find that I get too fixated on doing the game that I forget about actual real world things)
    I'm glad that you're at least getting more sleep than you did during exam season! I feel the same with the "m8 u failed" feeling, I've been having dreams of results day when I do eventually fall asleep where I just get U's You're right that I'm a FE fan, I'm just finishing the Birthright route for the first time so I'll have completed them all. I should try Lunatic though, (though I won't attempt it on Conquest right now.... Lord that route is difficult even on the easy setting - though I might just be a noob )I take it you've played FE14 too? If so, what did you think of it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really looking forward to university, not just for the experience but the academic side too. the modules are so interesting to me D: I honestly don't know what I would do if I don't end up going or if I go to another uni. urgh. the nervesssssss

ReputationRep:
    Does track stop you logging in when it's frozen or can we still log in? What's the earliest we will see results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effie14)
    I'm glad that you're at least getting more sleep than you did during exam season! I feel the same with the "m8 u failed" feeling, I've been having dreams of results day when I do eventually fall asleep where I just get U's You're right that I'm a FE fan, I'm just finishing the Birthright route for the first time so I'll have completed them all. I should try Lunatic though, (though I won't attempt it on Conquest right now.... Lord that route is difficult even on the easy setting - though I might just be a noob )I take it you've played FE14 too? If so, what did you think of it?
    I'm glad too! Trust me sleep is the greatest, hopefully you'll get more after Thursday

Actually, I haven't played any of the FE14 ones yet, I've just looked at most of the characters to find out what class they are and what 'side' they're on...I'm getting Birthright on Thursday actually...I told myself I'd get it as a gift if results go well...or on the reverse side, a sympathy gift if they go awful. I've played every other international release FE though (Since the GBA one)...
    But I've avoided most of the spoilers and stuff, I just know the characters and rough synopsis for now...I ended up ruining the 'true identity of Marth' for the last FE so now I try to avoid spoilers as much as I can...I feel like I'll probably enjoy Conquest more than Birthright because morally, it just seems like the wrong/evil choice!

I think I'll enjoy it if it takes the mix of the older games with the humour and character quirkiness Awakening had..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    Does track stop you logging in when it's frozen or can we still log in? What's the earliest we will see results?
    UCAS aims for 8am although in the past it's been 7:30-8:00. (Last year it updated at 7:45/50)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    You can still log in, just the functions are limited. It's frozen now until Wednesday I think.
    Track typically doesn't update till 8am on results day for most people (although it's known to sometimes update a little earlier..but even then it's only half an hour or so earlier..)

ReputationRep:
    does track update at the same time for everyone who has been accepted/rejected on results day? as in, could some people see their update a few minutes before or after others, despite being online and checking at the same time as everyone else?

i don't mean for people whose unis haven't made their decision yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    does track update at the same time for everyone who has been accepted/rejected on results day? as in, could some people see their update a few minutes before or after others, despite being online and checking at the same time as everyone else? I don't mean for people whose unis haven't made their decision yet
    In theory - no. If the servers go down (for some) - yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaywardWriter)
    I also agree with this
    Come on Notts, do your thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ayyy ; what course you looking to do at notts ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakuraton)
    Well that is awesome that we took the same exams! Haha actually, I wanted to do psychology but my 6th form scrapped it so I took physics instead. Realise physics ain't for me so I dropped it. Anyway, I don't really think I did my best this year, I kinda revise everything quite late. Biology was okay I guess, I tried everything I can. Chemistry was okay too, I knew I should have revised more on redox equations but that's okay. Maths was not so great. I have to take C1, C2, M1, S1, C3 & C4. That is because my 6th form changed the exam board :s Of course C1 & C2 was a nice exam to take again. M1 & C3 was quiet hard. C4, my last exam, went horribly wrong. At least S1 was cool. About you?
    Ah, I initially wanted to do German instead of psychology, but 6th form did the same thing. Bio was alright for me from what I remember, for chem I can't help but still stink about those mistakes I did (those damn electrode potentials). They changed it halfway into your course!?! Couldn't they at least change it for just the year below you?! I'd be so annoyed :mad: Luckily the content for maths doesn't vastly change between exam boards. Oh no Do you think you'll meet your uni offer though (if uni's where you're going after)

ReputationRep:
    don't even go there I held it together in that exam somehow and cried a little when I got home.....then I had AQA C3 the next day...
    To be honest, I think I've got higher UMS in CHEM4 than CHEM5 because the grade boundaries will be lower for the former.

I didn't find it abysmally bad, but I really could've done with an extra 15 minutes, I desperately pieced together that last compound in the 9 marker together in around three minutes and got a very lucky half-guess!

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad too! Trust me sleep is the greatest, hopefully you'll get more after Thursday

Actually, I haven't played any of the FE14 ones yet, I've just looked at most of the characters to find out what class they are and what 'side' they're on...I'm getting Birthright on Thursday actually...I told myself I'd get it as a gift if results go well...or on the reverse side, a sympathy gift if they go awful. I've played every other international release FE though (Since the GBA one)...
    But I've avoided most of the spoilers and stuff, I just know the characters and rough synopsis for now...I ended up ruining the 'true identity of Marth' for the last FE so now I try to avoid spoilers as much as I can...I feel like I'll probably enjoy Conquest more than Birthright because morally, it just seems like the wrong/evil choice!

I think I'll enjoy it if it takes the mix of the older games with the humour and character quirkiness Awakening had..
    I've been pretty much addicted since I bought Conquest! It does include a lot of humour, and there are certainly many quirky characters! (*Cough* Camilla *cough*)Both Birthright and Conquest have thoroughly enjoyable storylines, but they're not similar so getting both is obviously the best choice I think I enjoyed Conquest slightly more, but I haven't yet finished Birthright so we'll have to see! I'm glad to see another Fire Emblem fan on here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    It's a nice place though! I hope she has a great time at uni!
    Yeah she originally wanted to go to Coventry and she took such a knock when she didnt get in (all because she doesnt do bio eventhough she was told it wasnt a requirement) but anyway she's really grown to love it there and I think she'll be really happy.

ReputationRep:
    I need some help y'all okay so I've decided I don't want to go uni this year and I never reallyyyyy wanted to do the course I applied for (presurred into applying cus I'm first gen) how would I go about telling the univerity I'm not interested and 1 last thing can I get deferred entry on clearing?
    I appreciate your help 😚

(Original post by Effie14)
    I feel exactly the same, though I always have LBP
    I think the best thing we can do is try to distract ourselves. I've been doing some art and playing video games, could you try something similar?
    I was normal throughout the year!

I guess you're right, I did start a few projects but lost interest quick.
    I am addicted to a couple of games on my phone though
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    is there any particular reason why you think you missed your offer? did you count up your marks using an unofficial mark scheme for every module, estimate accurate (or high-ish to be on the safe side) grade boundaries and find that you may be missing it?
    Yeah basically that. I've seen two official mark schemes too, so I'm almost certain of my grades in two units.

ReputationRep:
    How often are maths exams marked wrong? Terrified ill wake up and see some completely incorrect letter then miss out on my uni place while it gets remarked

(Original post by greenteaturtle)
    it's all over for me. getting ready to apply for KFC now tbh
    Bruh McDonald's rejected me a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone want female company pm me xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    To be honest, I think I've got higher UMS in CHEM4 than CHEM5 because the grade boundaries will be lower for the former.

I didn't find it abysmally bad, but I really could've done with an extra 15 minutes, I desperately pieced together that last compound in the 9 marker together in around three minutes and got a very lucky half-guess!
    I feel the same - I think I got around 87/100 for unit 4 - so 114ish/120 ums and 85/100 for unit 5 so 110ish/20 ums

It wasnt hard just different but loads of people found timing an issue. That NMR 9 marker was fairly easy as well - although LOADS did a tertairy alcohol - luckily i got it correct!!! There were loads of questions which required thinking like the "when propanone concentraion increases by 100 whats the rate eq" and others.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Bruh McDonald's rejected me a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone want female company pm me xoxo
    How do you get rejected by MD's unless you are over qualified :s

ReputationRep:
    Every time I get an email from my firm/insurance I freeze 😩

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.