The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Workforce
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I haven't enjoyed a La Liga match like Real Sociedad v Barcelona for years!

I've never seen a team work so hard against this Barcelona in 3 or 4 years, it's bloody amazing!

Watch that Martinez at the back for Sociedad, looks a star in the making!

Also Aggriextte is a proper targetman !
Harry-AA
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well in Real Sociedad. Would have been perfection for Vela to set up the winner at the end there
antonfigo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Found this...lol
maccy7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Gyan plays in UAE?!?!?!

What a terrible, terrible piece if business on Sunderland's part...
jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by antonfigo)

Found this...lol
haha
JK.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How the **** did Coentrao miss that? :facepalm2:
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Early signs are that Madrid and Barca have lost the fear factor.

I still expect one of the two to win out, but it won't be a procession like seasons before.
tvdx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by maccy7)
Gyan plays in UAE?!?!?!

What a terrible, terrible piece if business on Sunderland's part...
He left on loan. Apparently, his head isn't right.
maccy7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tvdx)
He left on loan. Apparently, his head isn't right.
Just read an article on it, what a ****. Seems like he's left Bruce high and dry, he sounded as baffled as me. Strange.
tvdx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by maccy7)
Just read an article on it, what a ****. Seems like he's left Bruce high and dry, he sounded as baffled as me. Strange.
Yeah it's terrible. Lucky we got Bendtner on loan, otherwise we would have two fit strikers, and both of them totally unproven at PL level.
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How is Agirretxe pronounced? I always read "tx" in Basque names but I have no clue as to how it's meant to be pronounced. Maybe a "ch" sound?
TheEssence
Badges: 16
Report 7 years ago
Ahh and i left the barca match thinking it would be boring and predictable! Good to see teams are trying now and i've always rated antoine griezman highly.. he was even a reported target for barca in the summer transfer window...
maccy7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
How is Agirretxe pronounced? I always read "tx" in Basque names but I have no clue as to how it's meant to be pronounced. Maybe a "ch" sound?
Yeah, I think 'tx' is pronounced 'sh' or 'ch,' don't quote me on it though!
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The highlights of Bayern´s 7-0 victory against Freiburg yesterday. 64% possesion and 602 passes completed says a lot about this game.

Ribery´s second goal is amazing.

tvdx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Catilina)
The highlights of Bayern´s 7-0 victory against Freiburg yesterday. 64% possesion and 602 passes completed says a lot about this game.

Ribery´s second goal is amazing.

Pretty much all of their goals were square balls Riberys first was cool, a lot like Sturridge's yesterday.
Da_hopeful_1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tvdx)
Yeah it's terrible. Lucky we got Bendtner on loan, otherwise we would have two fit strikers, and both of them totally unproven at PL level.
What do you make of Sessegnon?

Reckon he'll be dropped for Ji Dong won and Bendtner upfront in a 4-4-2?
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Da_hopeful_1)

Have you ever made a post here that isn't directly related to your fantasy football team? :teeth:
tvdx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Da_hopeful_1)

Bruce has a hard on for 4-4-1-1 with Sessengon behind a striker (was Gyan, now will probably be Bendtner). Having said that, it's been wildly ineffectual recently, so I can't say really.
Da_hopeful_1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
Have you ever made a post here that isn't directly related to your fantasy football team? :teeth:
Maybe
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Hehe, spoken with the true ruthlessness of a Porto fan..

Guimaraes will be tricky.. I really hope we score two quick goals. Then we can play on the counter.

Just one goal won't be enough for us and I hate how Porto can score one goal and its pretty much game over. We are always biting our nails with a one goal lead >_<

Well.. I don't know how good Pacos are this year because they've lost a couple of good players.. Beira-Mar will be the ones to watch this season. Didn't know they had some Iranian millionaire behind them now :O

Investment in Portuguese league? Interesting, interesting...
Pacos vs Sporting haha...what the hell?! Losing 2-0 and then in 8 minutes they completely turn it around and score 3 goals and win 3-2. I know just before they scored Pacos got the red card and then the spaces opened for Sporting..but jeez! Pacos were doing alright too before the red card, shame. I was enjoying it up until the 76th minute, but even after that it was quite amazing to see them completely turn it around! Possibly Sporting needed this to start their season off, but if Pacos never had the red they wouldn't have got back!

As for Benfica, the first pen, the goal, a soft nudge in the back but Hulk has gone down like that before and we've had pens..so yeah, i'll let you off! :rolleyes: The 2nd pen, the miss, that was hardly a pen so i'm glad he missed it. The 3rd pen, it was quite a harsh to give, he was jumping and his hands weren't even all over the place, they were just up with jumping and did it really even touch his arm? If it did it only skimmed him, but you don't always see them ones given. None of them were really proper clear pens to be given, possibly only the first. You had your chances though but Nilson made a few decent saves too.. and his kick was great to set up their goal!

Ha, i didn't know that about Beira-Mar.. They lost to Uniao today though, didn't they? Ha. :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads