Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Sonisphere in 3 days!! Bring it.
    Jealous much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Ah good point. Though '08 looks at your earnings for the last 10 years and averages the earnings from the highest 3 years. then does some funky math including your years of membership to the pension. At least thats what the handy video said. I really have no idea, might just get my dad to explain it to me/advise me on what to do
    It is what parents are for, tax and pension advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Ah good point. Though '08 looks at your earnings for the last 10 years and averages the earnings from the highest 3 years. then does some funky math including your years of membership to the pension. At least thats what the handy video said. I really have no idea, might just get my dad to explain it to me/advise me on what to do
    Ahh yes, I need to think about this too...

In other news, SSC started today - assessing the sick patient. ITU/outreach looking at how to manage and get to grips with sickies. 2 weeks worth both with outreach - looking at sickies on the ward tci and on the unit. Really good so far, steep learning curve, but it's all general medicine

ReputationRep:
    Sonisphere in 3 days!! Bring it.
    Sonisphere! I wish. *sulks*

ReputationRep:
    Cannot believe how good this year's line up is. Defecates all over the other summer festivals, that is for sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Cannot believe how good this year's line up is. Defecates all over the other summer festivals, that is for sure!
    I knoww! :O Too bad it won't come to my little corner of the world, sniffle sniffle. I'll just have to stick to, erm, my iPod I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skwee)
    I knoww! :O Too bad it won't come to my little corner of the world, sniffle sniffle. I'll just have to stick to, erm, my iPod I guess.
    Where about do you come from? I'm having to drive pretty much the width of the country to get there.

ReputationRep:
    Where about do you come from? I'm having to drive pretty much the width of the country to get there.
    Portugal. Bit further South! :P (That, and I don't think my brain would be able to cope with a Paediatrics exam the monday after...the gig awesomeness would be too much!) They should've waited for August when I'll be in the UK, but noooo. >.>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skwee)
    Portugal. Bit further South! :P (That, and I don't think my brain would be able to cope with a Paediatrics exam the monday after...the gig awesomeness would be too much!) They should've waited for August when I'll be in the UK, but noooo. >.>
    Doesn't the tour come through Portugal?

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't the tour come through Portugal?
    Nope...closest it gets to is Spain. Silly really, they'd get TONS of people here as all high school/college/uni students have finished exams by now (...except for medical students for some reason! *growls*).

I know someone who went to Helsinki's recently and he's still recovering from it...

ReputationRep:
    Gojira, mother licker. Tis going to be sick.
    I shall be there! Stupidly excited now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Jealous much!
    Surprised there's a few on here into the idea of Sonisphere - can only think of 1 or 2 guys in my year who'd be up for it.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised there's a few on here into the idea of Sonisphere - can only think of 1 or 2 guys in my year who'd be up for it.
    How come? Though to be fair now I think about it I can think of maybe 2-3 people out of 380-something who'd come with. And maybe 2 in the year above. How terrible!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skwee)
    How come? Though to be fair now I think about it I can think of maybe 2-3 people out of 380-something who'd come with. And maybe 2 in the year above. How terrible!!
    Very few into anything remotely metal around, so that's a total of 2-3 out of 400 for me too - not so great when you want to find people to go to gigs with. But I'll be off to the festival with a load of folks from back home, think there's ~30 of us camping together.

ReputationRep:
    Very few into anything remotely metal around, so that's a total of 2-3 out of 400 for me too - not so great when you want to find people to go to gigs with. But I'll be off to the festival with a load of folks from back home, think there's ~30 of us camping together.
    Lucky you!

Yeah last time I went to anything remotely metal I couldn't convince anyone in my year, out of the people I talk to (only guy who'd come was abroad) so ended up going with my sister, a bloke from the year above ours and a nurse. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skwee)
    Lucky you!

Yeah last time I went to anything remotely metal I couldn't convince anyone in my year, out of the people I talk to (only guy who'd come was abroad) so ended up going with my sister, a bloke from the year above ours and a nurse. :P
    Nightmare isn't it! Feel so very out of touch with the music scene.

ReputationRep:
    Nightmare isn't it! Feel so very out of touch with the music scene.
    Yeahh. I remember for three consecutive years my "most wanted gig of the year" was like, the evening before a major exam...argh! Finally managed last year, somehowww. :P

Luckily all the usually-good July festivals over here have poop line-ups this year (seriously, My Chemical Romance?! Paramore?! Yuck...more like emofest!!!) so I won't feel too bad. :')
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Passed my end of year OSCE And I think I've also passed the written paper, although our results system is being weird.

So close to being a second year :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Passed my end of year OSCE And I think I've also passed the written paper, although our results system is being weird.

Oooh results! Well done x
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)

What was your end of year OSCE on?
    and what other OSCEs have you had this year?

Results so close yet so far haha, i find out officially on the 13th

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.