Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Labour, since King Stannis has been banned and I see he was in the MP user group again, who will be replacing him as an MP?
    He's back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burford99)
    He's back.
    No he got banned again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    No he got banned again.
    Oh Jesus, the guy can't stop himself
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Labour, since King Stannis has been banned and I see he was in the MP user group again, who will be replacing him as an MP?
    For now, Saoirse:3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burford99)
    Oh Jesus, the guy can't stop himself
    He lasted 3 days.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Good to see you back, appreciate the rep. KingStannis

ReputationRep:
    Good to see you back, appreciate the rep. KingStannis
    I had hoped to rep loads of members, and let people whisper of my return causing doubt and fear around the house.

But i had to deal with **** in the Cabinet thread.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    I had hoped to rep loads of members, and let people whisper of my return causing doubt and fear around the house.

But i had to deal with **** in the Cabinet thread.
    Wouldn't have worked for me anyway, I notice things.

I'm quite glad I wasn't online last night. That thread is a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't have worked for me anyway, I notice things.

I'm quite glad I wasn't online last night. That thread is a disgrace.
    Yes, but some wouldn't believe you. Because they had convinced themselves that the Mannis was a myth, and not real, just a story the Green mothers told their children to scare them into not staying up too late a night....

Well, I will always win slanging matches. It is not in my DNA to not one up everybody's insults lol.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Today we have become the first MHoC party to launch ourselves on Twitter: @TSRLabour.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Today we have become the first MHoC party to launch ourselves on Twitter: @TSRLabour.
    The TSRmhoc didn't last long...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    The TSRmhoc didn't last long...
    Who had control of the account?

ReputationRep:
    How many of you are voting for Jeremy Corbyn then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I always assumed that it was passed down from speaker to speaker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Tbh I'd much rather we had 50 seats and stuck to our left-wing roots and principles, than that we abandoned those principles and got 400 (as happened with Blair). After all - the Labour Party was founded to be a left-wing voice in parliament, not to win elections.
    Sorry to dig up an old post but this is an incredibly selfish and dangerous attitude. Why on earth would you rather protest for five years watching the poor and the disabled get stomped on when you could be the one protecting them and effecting real change? Despite how the media have presented it, Yvette Cooper and to a lesser extent Andy Burnham are both left-wing MPs who evoke a kind of politics which is consistent with traditional labour values.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yvette for me, Jeremy second. I've been following Yvette for a while and I think she's a good balance between presenting an electable face and demonstrating left-wing Labour values, demonstrated by her refusal to accept Osborne's "Labour's spending caused the crisis" nonsense, unlike Andy Burnham. I'd be happy with Jeremy winning too, if a little concerned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    Sorry to dig up an old post but this is an incredibly selfish and dangerous attitude. Why on earth would you rather protest for five years watching the poor and the disabled get stomped on when you could be the one protecting them and effecting real change? Despite how the media have presented it, Yvette Cooper and to a lesser extent Andy Burnham are both left-wing MPs who evoke a kind of politics which is consistent with traditional labour values.
    The tory welfare bill that included £12bn in welfare cuts and that the highly respected IFS say will push more people into poverty and take thousands of pounds of the working poor passed the house by 184 votes. 184 labour MP's, including Cooper and Burnham abstained. Cooper and Burnham aren't protecting the poor and disabled, they're helping the tories stomp on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    The tory welfare bill that included £12bn in welfare cuts and that the highly respected IFS say will push more people into poverty and take thousands of pounds of the working poor passed the house by 184 votes. 184 labour MP's, including Cooper and Burnham abstained. Cooper and Burnham aren't protecting the poor and disabled, they're helping the tories stomp on them.
    On the face of it, that seems awful. But look closer at what they voted on - it was their 'reasoned amendment' which stated that they supported certain measures in the bill, like the commitment to three million apprenticeships, measures to cut social housing rents and extra support for so called 'troubled' families. This was voted down, and the bill will in all likelihood make it to a third reading, where ALL Labour MPs will vote against it, unless Kendall really is a Tory in disguise. The actions of Cooper, Burnham etc. don't represent a betrayal of Labour values, they just show the complexity of parliamentary procedure. You could argue that they should have just rejected the bill entirely, even with all the good bits, to show firm opposition to the Tories. I'd argue that's just ideological and posturing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Rory, an ex deputy leader. I believe he's in the other place now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.