Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an 'observed reflective group discussion' tomorrow on the educational issue of the importance of outdoor learning.

In the letter it says 'candidates will be asked to consider, discuss ans present their views on this issue'

Do you think the 'present' part is just presenting your view in the discussion? It says not to bring any notes, so I assume it is not an actual presentation as part of the discussion.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Those people going to st Mary's in September for primary we should start a Facebook group up !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a question about skills tests. I've been offered a place on secondary english at Manchester uni, and I was wondering how negotiable the 30 period is which they specify that you have to have passed the test in. I'm approaching the deadline and I haven't had chance even to sit them, as I've been working full time. Do you think there's any wiggle room at all? It just seems unfair that I should automatically lose my place if I fail my first attempt just because I've gone over the allotted number of days! Will they just say that I should have sat them further in advance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amul1992)
    I have a question about skills tests. I've been offered a place on secondary english at Manchester uni, and I was wondering how negotiable the 30 period is which they specify that you have to have passed the test in. I'm approaching the deadline and I haven't had chance even to sit them, as I've been working full time. Do you think there's any wiggle room at all? It just seems unfair that I should automatically lose my place if I fail my first attempt just because I've gone over the allotted number of days! Will they just say that I should have sat them further in advance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd get them booked asap if I were you. What a shame to lose your place on a course just because of the skills tests! Also, contact the university and see if there is any wiggle room considering you're working full-time. Hopefully they'll give you a little more time. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara Jayne)
    Hello, glad your interview went well! Thank you for the advice! How did you find the group interview? Not do a group one before, the others have been 1:1 so feeling a bit nervous about the group aspect! Hope you hear back from them with a decision soon!
    The group interview is fine! You do an activity as a group and all answer one question. I found it better than my last interview x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrea199)
    Those people going to st Mary's in September for primary we should start a Facebook group up !

Wooo I am but I'm not on Facebook lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    I have an 'observed reflective group discussion' tomorrow on the educational issue of the importance of outdoor learning.

In the letter it says 'candidates will be asked to consider, discuss ans present their views on this issue'

Do you think the 'present' part is just presenting your view in the discussion? It says not to bring any notes, so I assume it is not an actual presentation as part of the discussion.

Any ideas?
    I would have said you just discuss your opinions (reflecting on your time in school) and then stand one by one (or in a group) and talk about them. It all seems to be very informal from what I have read and seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds like a good idea to me! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amul1992)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Get it booked, but you really shouldn't have to do them more than once, they aren't particularly difficult.

ReputationRep:
    I should probably have said that they are booked for this week, but very close to the 30 day deadline as that's the only time I've been able to do so. I'm just worrying that failing them (I know I'll pass literacy but maths I may fail by a couple of marks) will mean that I will automatically lose my offer which is pretty unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances_Parry)
    i had my interview with MMU on wed too but at the Crewe campus were you there? i haven't heard back hoping it will be next week!
    Yes I was there! I haven't heard either, the wait is horrible isn't it. Did you ask how long it might be? I meant to ask but got flustered and totally forgot! How did you find the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have an interview at Roehampton at the end of January for the Primary PGCE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice_R23)
    Sounds like a good idea to me! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It wont let me make one without adding a friend into it to create it, I duno if you want to add me on facebook then I'll make it or if you know how else to do it ?

ReputationRep:
    It wont let me make one without adding a friend into it to create it, I duno if you want to add me on facebook then I'll make it or if you know how else to do it ?
    Ye that's cool..what's your full name and ill search for you? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice_R23)
    Ye that's cool..what's your full name and ill search for you? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Andrea Tucker my profile pic is me and a guy and there is some balloons in the top left corner x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grant23)
    I wrote around the 300 word mark but the question was effectively asking us to predict the future... literally.

Were you the girl in the zebra patterned trousers by any chance? I was in the table just behind you, I was beside the art guy you mentioned.

My guy told me I should know roughly within a week(ish), the last set of interviews are on Wednesday and then he can make a decision. 51 applied for Business, 21 got through to the interview stage today and 12 get in so fingers crossed!

What someone wore zebra print trousers what a bold move! It was a sea of suits when I walked in just a few moments before the presentation and I was a wee bit worried that I looked too casual as I was wearing a floral dress.
    Good luck to you, it sounds as if everything has gone well no doubt I'll be frantically checking my emails throughout the week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Here is the group for St Mary's Primary on facebook if anyone else is starting https://www.facebook.com/groups/202226546646975/

ReputationRep:
    Great idea, well done on getting your place and guess we will see each other in September!!

Here is the group for St Mary's Primary on facebook if anyone else is starting https://www.facebook.com/groups/202226546646975/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauramcintosh88)
    Yes I was there! I haven't heard either, the wait is horrible isn't it. Did you ask how long it might be? I meant to ask but got flustered and totally forgot! How did you find the interview?
    it didn't even occur to me to ask haha! so silly...i thought my individual interview was really scenario-specific which I was not expecting so i'm just glad i did some extra experience over the summer otherwise i would have completely failed! how about yours? hopefully we will both find out this week and it will be good news, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances_Parry)
    it didn't even occur to me to ask haha! so silly...i thought my individual interview was really scenario-specific which I was not expecting so i'm just glad i did some extra experience over the summer otherwise i would have completely failed! how about yours? hopefully we will both find out this week and it will be good news, good luck!
    Yeah I was the same really, wasn't expecting those questions at all! I feel ok about it but came out kicking myself at things I hadn't said and felt I may have repeated myself a little. I'm not feeling totally confident but as it was my first one I am going to take it as experience and hopefully use it to my advantage in my next two interviews! Good luck to you too, I really hope it's good news!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.