• Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    You care it would appear, seriously why are you even bothering?
    If you don't like what I post, don't reply. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    This sort of bargaining is silly. Most members know who has been here for ages as well as that being here for ages does not make one a good nor an experienced MP. :rolleyes: I suggest that we cancel that Father of the House title and keep only the records of leadership tenures to build a chronicle, otherwise people will be bickering (“oh, I do not care, but it should probably be me!”) and the history wiki page will give a false impression.

I have been active here since June 2010 and become an MP shortly afterwards, with that ruddy ten day ban being my longest period of inactivity apart from holidays without an internet connection, which I believe most of the established members are aware of. I come here every day to write a couple of posts depending on the situation and I try to stay on topic and be intellectually productive, but often find myself being infantile and engaging in ideological confrontations which along with controversial opinions ruins my reputation with the majority of the House, I would say, so I would not label myself as its Father despite being confident it should currently be me by the definition.

If we want to award such a title, let us do it by a vote with nominations. I would nominate Rakas and/or Bun because they are the ones truly experienced, largely accepted, very active, and additionally Rakas is a walking encyclopaedia of MHoC. I suppose that anything else does not make sense and the current title is worthless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    If you don't like what I post, don't reply. Simple.
    Indeed, this place would be all the better for it too.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    This sort of bargaining is silly. Most members know who has been here for ages as well as that being here for ages does not make one a good nor an experienced MP. :rolleyes: I suggest that we cancel that Father of the House title and keep only the records of leadership tenures to build a chronicle, otherwise people will be bickering (“oh, I do not care, but it should probably be me!”) and the history wiki page will give a false impression.

I have been active here since June 2010 and become an MP shortly afterwards, with that ruddy ten day ban being my longest period of inactivity apart from holidays without an internet connection, which I believe most of the established members are aware of. I come here every day to write a couple of posts depending on the situation and I try to stay on topic and be intellectually productive, but often find myself being infantile and engaging in ideological confrontations which along with controversial opinions ruins my reputation with the majority of the House, I would say, so I would not label myself as its Father despite being confident it should currently be me by the definition.

If we want to award such a title, let us do it by a vote with nominations. I would nominate Rakas and/or Bun because they are the ones truly experienced, largely accepted, very active, and additionally Rakas is a walking encyclopaedia of MHoC. I suppose that anything else does not make sense and the current title is worthless.
    This is a really good idea - I'd say bun or Birchington really, but you're right about Rakas as well.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'd like to see the MHOC Awards relaunched in future, it used to be held at the end of every parliament to award the best members.

That way everyone can have a chance at being rewarded.

(Original post by Birchington)
    Here's the guide to MPs. It'll need updating.

I would most likely be Father of the House now, but was away mid-2010-2011 so have a break in between my two stints as an MP. You could call me the 'Grandfather of the House', as I've been lurking in one form or another since early 2008!
    How come I have 14-18 and then 18 onwards? Surely that means I've been consecutive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacDaddi)
    How come I have 14-18 and then 18 onwards? Surely that means I've been consecutive?
    I'd guess because upon switching parties, you weren't MP for a while.
    That's what cost me as well when I switched UKIP to Tory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    I'd like to see the MHOC Awards relaunched in future, it used to be held at the end of every parliament to award the best members.

That way everyone can have a chance at being rewarded.
    This would be an excellent idea! Though given the state of the House, it might just cause more bickering at the moment.

As for the MP records - I'm always impressed at how you keep them updated!! (Though can I add that I was an MP in the 10th parliament [albeit briefly] for UKIP, replacing Abucha)

(Original post by bun)
    I have served in every Parliament, that is but a mere blip, I want to be further up the list :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    You weren't a Tory MP for a term anyway.

Where are these records?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    You weren't a Tory MP for a term anyway.
    That was later on though - and is why I've never claimed to be FotH.
    I was simply saying why things were as they were for MacDaddi and said I was in a similar boat.

ReputationRep:
    If Suarez was a dog he would have been put down by now...

ReputationRep:
    Any Liverpool fans around.

Uraguay through, Suarez joins Italy on the plane home for a clear bite and gets an elbow in the face for it. He'll be lucky to play before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    What is Suarez? :confused:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I've got to assume a cannibal.

ReputationRep:
    Someone who prefers his meals while he is playing?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    He's a maneater.

ReputationRep:
    Has he been eating bogeys? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarred)
    B675 on the Hansard says Passed in red writing.
    Just though I'd let you know.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.