Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzy1995)
    Have any of the medical students who have firmed their offer decided on accommodation? I went to the open day today but it didn't give us the chance to look around elsewhere, incase we don't get Wolfson House?!? Also what are people going to put as their second and third choice? So confused......
    Oh and I'm firming King's today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VK96)
    Oh and I'm firming King's today!
    That's great!!

ReputationRep:
    That's great!!
    The Gordon Museum of Pathology was strange but amazing at the same time! Did you go see it?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go to it today, but on the open day in the summer. I found it really cool but kind of weird that they were actually inside someone once!!!

ReputationRep:
    If any offer-holders would like any more information on King's/the course/accommodation, feel free to ask me (current 2nd year)

ReputationRep:
    Have any of the medical students who have firmed their offer decided on accommodation? I went to the open day today but it didn't give us the chance to look around elsewhere, incase we don't get Wolfson House?!? Also what are people going to put as their second and third choice? So confused......
    (Original post by VK96)
    At the end of the tour of Wolfson House, I was like wut? No other accommodation tours?

But yeah I didn't really feel it at Wolfson House today...
    I went to Great Dover Street and asked to look around, it's much nicer there (and en-suite)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_ANT)
    If any offer-holders would like any more information on King's/the course/accommodation, feel free to ask me (current 2nd year)
    I've noticed that student satisfaction rates seem to be low, do you know why that is? What's your opinion on the course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by House MD)
    I've noticed that student satisfaction rates seem to be low, do you know why that is? What's your opinion on the course?
    Communication and organisation mostly I think. Not all information is communicated to us promptly and efficiently and some people think that there isn't enough information provided about the OSCE stations. I'm not sure what else it would be because other aspects of the course are okay - not sure about the clinical years because I'm not there yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flobie)
    I went to Great Dover Street and asked to look around, it's much nicer there (and en-suite)!
    Hey thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by House MD)
    During the talks today the current students mentioned this problem quite a lot, and said that now they were almost receiving too much feedback ! In other words they have seemingly improved student feedback systems and they talked about other things that people have complained about too.

It did put my mind at ease because of all the things I've read on TSR about their student satisfaction rates.

Hope that helps a bit

ReputationRep:
    To those who went for the wolfson house tour, how did you find the place personally? I am most likely putting it as my first choice but I've not got the opportunity to visit the place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chowkat)
    To those who went for the wolfson house tour, how did you find the place personally? I am most likely putting it as my first choice but I've not got the opportunity to visit the place.
    Hmm chowkat I'm going to be honest here and say I didn't really like it, it seemed quite dark and just not very pleasant. The bedroom and common room were quite nice though and for the price I think it's decent. This is just my opinion, I haven't seen the others in person so I might be completely speaking nonsense. Just wanted to let you know to help you make a decision

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go to it today, but on the open day in the summer. I found it really cool but kind of weird that they were actually inside someone once!!!
    You know what really got me though? The foetuses.

I'm going to sound weird but thinking about how long they had been there, and how long they're still going to be there on display, in the same fixed position, when they could have been people like us walking around and looking at specimens themselves if they had been alive.

It was really an amazing experience to see the things in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_ANT)
    Hey yes I just wanted to ask whether the King's Living Bursary is still available to students starting this September?
    I emailed KCL through the portal as well but that's probably going to take a while haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VK96)
    Hey yes I just wanted to ask whether the King's Living Bursary is still available to students starting this September?
    I emailed KCL through the portal as well but that's probably going to take a while haha.
    I see no reason why not, I think it's available every year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_ANT)
    I see no reason why not, I think it's available every year
    Oh right, I only asked because it was not mentioned in the funding section for 2014-2015 on the KCL website but on the National Scholarship Programma section for 2014-2015 it said everyone receiving the NSP will also receive the King's Living Bursay. So what you said makes sense so thanks

ReputationRep:
    FIRMED!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_ANT)
    I'm currently considering visiting King's on an open day (am in year 12 interested in medicine); if I like it there, I think I will apply, but I was just wondering what the cost of living was like? Am slightly worried about the cost of London Have heard from one of my friends who goes to King's that it isn't bad, but someone who goes to UCL seems to be struggling a little bit - just wondered your opinion if that's okay?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Kings yesterday

ReputationRep:
    declined my offer, hopefully it will benefit those still waiting

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.