Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    Corpus Christi for Classics II, what about you?
    Brasenose, Law!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandlessss)
    Sounds great!

I've applied Kings, I've seen quite a few people with offers from there now though so I'm bit worried ha!, UCL, LSE and Uni of Birmingham (unconditional)

Which one are you thinking if not Oxford?
    Congrats! Ideally if not Oxford than definitely KCL, but like you, I've seen people get offers so I'm starting to worry :/ I don't think my LNAT was great either so I'm not massively hopeful. Kings would be my absolute dream if I managed to get into the 2 year Columbia program!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloetraynor)
    Congrats! Ideally if not Oxford than definitely KCL, but like you, I've seen people get offers so I'm starting to worry :/ I don't think my LNAT was great either so I'm not massively hopeful. Kings would be my absolute dream if I managed to get into the 2 year Columbia program!
    I've not looked at their abroad programmes to be honest - I probably should have done. The LNAT was dire for me too, just one of those where you don't know where you stand.

My only issue with Kings is expense of London!

ReputationRep:
    I've not looked at their abroad programmes to be honest - I probably should have done. The LNAT was dire for me too, just one of those where you don't know where you stand.

My only issue with Kings is expense of London!
    That's true! I've lived in London my whole life, and I actually live a 15 minute drive away from KCL which is convenient! I'd probably still move out though, just for the life experience and freedom (also, compete hard for the Dickson Poon scholarship and get a free year of accommodation!)

ReputationRep:
    That's true! I've lived in London my whole life, and I actually live a 15 minute drive away from KCL which is convenient! I'd probably still move out though, just for the life experience and freedom (also, compete hard for the Dickson Poon scholarship and get a free year of accommodation!)
    Oh really?! That is convenient! Totally agree, I'm from Birmingham but if I end up at the uni I will still be moving out! you're right about the freedom.

I saw something about that the other day but hasn't the deadline passed?

ReputationRep:
    Oh really?! That is convenient! Totally agree, I'm from Birmingham but if I end up at the uni I will still be moving out! you're right about the freedom.

I saw something about that the other day but hasn't the deadline passed?
    as far as I'm aware, there are two 'cycles'(?) of application. If you apply before the first deadline, you find out in February, if you apply before the second deadline, you find out later on next year. I think that's how it works, anyway?

ReputationRep:
    as far as I'm aware, there are two 'cycles'(?) of application. If you apply before the first deadline, you find out in February, if you apply before the second deadline, you find out later on next year. I think that's how it works, anyway?

Ah that's fine then because there's an essay part to it isn't there so I wouldn't want to have rushed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SLMS)
    Univ here too!! For med Univ seems like a really friendly college, I reaaaaaallly hope I get in. Tbh any college would be alg, as long as I get in
    I've applied for univ for philosophy and linguistics! It was so nice and absolutely loved it, so anxious about finding out though

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for Law at Brasenose
    There are so many of us! :-)

ReputationRep:
    I took English Lit, Psychology, Art and Biology (random combo, I know), and dropped bio at A2. They're weird subjects for Law, which I'm worried about :/ If I could go back in time I'd def swap art and bio for law and classics or politics or something :/
    Don't worry about your A Levels, I read that they don't discriminate so long as the A Levels are mostly 'tough' ones. English Lit would definite be an 'A' category subject, Psych and Art probably 'B' category. Bearing in mind that the list goes down to 'C' subjects, then I wouldn't worry too much. If you get an interview, just make sure you talk about extra reading to show that you are very academic.

If you are worried that they don't suit Law, you might like to know that I take Bio, Econ and History! That is also a 'strange' combination, but I know that each subject gives me a brand new set of skills and way of thinking. If you can argue that your subjects make you pretty well-rounded, then you should be absolutely fine!

Good Luck :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentofstudent)
    I'm an international student and is applying for Keble.They asked me to reply to them whether I'll be flying there for my interview or prefer Skype interview.They gave me a link in the email on guide for interviews.But how should I let them know where I want to be interviewed?Just reply their email?
    Didn't check if anyone responded to this but yes just respond to that email, thats what I did and an hour later they sent another acknowledging it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalUnd)
    Anyone for Worcester college?
    I'm a second year at Worcester College ❤️❤️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiehhirrs)
    Didn't check if anyone responded to this but yes just respond to that email, thats what I did and an hour later they sent another acknowledging it.
    Did you choose to interview by Skype or fly in? I'm also an international applicant so I'm curious.

ReputationRep:
    Should I be worried I haven't received an emails on Keble? International applicant here but I had already previously emailed them stating my interview preferences (Skype) and have received a reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarmaple)
    Did you choose to interview by Skype or fly in? I'm also an international applicant so I'm curious.
    I chose Skype, I am little worried it will hurt my chances but I don't know if I would be able to even go on 7 days notice. Also it's a 8 hours flight for me. What are you going to pick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiehhirrs)
    I chose Skype, I am little worried it will hurt my chances but I don't know if I would be able to even go on 7 days notice. Also it's a 8 hours flight for me. What are you going to pick?
    Have you gotten an interview offer?

ReputationRep:
    Brasenose, Law!
    I loved Brasenose, it would have been my second choice college But Corpus was just... ahhhh, so great!

Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    I've been lurking for ages so I thought I'd join in amongst all you geniuses now that everythings been sent off.

Course: English Lang and Lit
    College: Mansfield
    GCSEs: 7 A*s, 5 As, 2 cheeky Bs
    AS levels: English Pre U, Spanish Pre U, History (A), Philosophy (A)
    Predictions: A*, A*, A*, A

Wish all of you the best of luck in interview invitations, offers and life in general! <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquaxo)
    There are so many of us! :-)
    I've not seen many to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    I loved Brasenose, it would have been my second choice college But Corpus was just... ahhhh, so great!

Good luck to you!

I fell in love with it! Also loved Magdalen but I preferred the smaller college!

Good luck to you, too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.